37 coaches online • Server time: 12:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2013 - 03:01 Reply with quote Back to top

One thing that I have noticed on the major scene is that the kick off to the majors is a great time.

We have the Warpstone Open and the Crown of Sand kicking off 1 week apart. For both divs this is fun because we have coaches playing in both majors at the same time. Also for the less fortunate of coaches to get kicked out early in one of the majors can still have fun in the other.

So here is the idea.

We change the timing of the Box majors to mirror the Ranked majors.

WO and CoS kick off in Jan

UI and WoC kick off in April

GLT is a combined major

LC and BC Kick off in August

FC stays as the premier Major with both Divs taking part.

Lets put off the GLT for a minute. IF you move the 3 box majors to kick off one week after the Ranked majors I think that would make the overall majors scene that much more fun.

Lets look at the GLT. I think the combined major of the FC has been a big hit. It is a lot of fun. So I would say lets allow both Divs into the same major at mid season for double the fun.

Also this balances out the total # of majors for both divs at 5.

Having both of the open divs playing majors at the same time IMO means more fun for all the coaches. Coaches who enjoy playing in both R/B get double the fun.

What is not to like about this proposed change to the Majors schedule/set up?

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2013 - 03:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think it makes that much difference. You could have a major every month, why would that not be more fun than having a week start apart? We all only have so much time, y'know.

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2013 - 05:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I think one combined Major is enough. Myself I would rather see an additional Box major than a 2nd combined one, but thats just me
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2013 - 07:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I suppose it all depends on availability of tournament staff.

Making them one month apart rather than one week would give more people the chance to play in both.

Jump to: