45 coaches online • Server time: 14:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Why would you not play a Dwarf team of the same Rating/Strength
Dwarves kill my players more often than other races!
18%
 18%  [ 24 ]
Dwarves are boring to play against!
61%
 61%  [ 79 ]
I've not played against them, but I hear they are tough!
6%
 6%  [ 9 ]
Some other reason! - state in a post!
13%
 13%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 129

Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2004 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I have really struggled to find a game for my Dwarf team. I get the impression that I'm not the only coach to find this... the excuses are mostly because "their team will get mashed" (coming from Lizardmen and Undead teams too!!) to another excuse I've heard of "coaches think the games are too boring".

Well, it's a shame... but what can be done to change people's minds? Are dwarf teams overpowered? I'll add a poll see what people think...

I hope this hasn't been done too many times before!... apologies if this is old material!!
Flaymin

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2004 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

No problemo playing against dwarfses..
quota

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2004 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I will never play against neither dwarves nor CDs with my gobbos for obvious reasons. I guess I'm picky with my gobbos, too much tackle simply stops all my play, it's not fun. Any team with six or more tackle players I will pass down with my gobbos for this very reason.

With my other teams, I will base my decision from team to team. Unless the dwarf team is full of DPs or some such, I will play them.

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2004 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

edit: never mind that

Last edited by MixX on %b %25, %2004 - %20:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
cyric2121

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2004 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

The only time i am really ever offered a game against dwarves is when i am playing my elves, but i will play dwarves with any other team I have.

Ditto to what MixX said
meanandgreen

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2004 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Wotfudboy wrote:
I have really struggled to find a game for my Dwarf team. I get the impression that I'm not the only coach to find this... the excuses are mostly because "their team will get mashed" (coming from Lizardmen and Undead teams too!!) to another excuse I've heard of "coaches think the games are too boring".

Well, it's a shame... but what can be done to change people's minds? Are dwarf teams overpowered? I'll add a poll see what people think...

I hope this hasn't been done too many times before!... apologies if this is old material!!

I only have a goblin team, and for some reason I don't like tackle... Rolling Eyes
Mully

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2004 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Dwarves are not aslo a bit boring to play with, they are a bit boring to play against.

Definitely not overpowering though at higher TRs. What I disagree with is people saying CDs are like dwarves (ie - boring to play against). With BCs and hobgobs flying around, CDs usually have interesting matchups.

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2004 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

My dark elves will say no to dwarves all the time. Aint a fair match up at all especially when they are 2 relativly new teams (tackle sux Razz), but i will play them with any other team any sit through watching the dwarves move up the board 1 square a drive Sad
Nessie

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2004 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

The only way to play against dwarves is playing with dwarves Razz
ourden

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2004 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I have the same problem with my dwarf team, I asked an Orc coach if he wanted to play them with his +10 tr orc team.
answer: nope
I asked if he would play them with his +40 tr Orc team (I needed a fifth match so that I could make a new team)
answer: nope

So I asked the chat i general if no-one would play my dwarf team.
And another Orc Coach answered:
-No
-Why?
-They can hurt my team more than my team can hurt them, its's not worth it.

Finally I found a match against another Dwarf team Smile

conclusion the bashers were afraid to get bashed *grin*

Hmm Maybe it's time for a Dwarven Orc Hunting League.
Only dwarf teams may join
3 points for Dead Orc
1 point for SI orc (not miss next game)
-3 points for Dead Dwarf
-1 point for SI Dwarf

3 point for Won game

anyone interested?

(I might be kidding but who knows Smile )

And thats good enough for me Very Happy
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2004 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

ourden wrote:
...Hmm Maybe it's time for a Dwarven Orc Hunting League...

And the idea is to get more orc teams to play your dwarves... right...
Maybe you should think that one through...
Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2004 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:
ourden wrote:
...Hmm Maybe it's time for a Dwarven Orc Hunting League...

And the idea is to get more orc teams to play your dwarves... right...
Maybe you should think that one through...
Smile

If they don't we (the DOHL) could always complain:

Oh the Orcs are cherry-picking...

It's so unfair Crying or Very sad the Orcs don't wanna play us, cause we are DOHL members. The game is called BLOOD Bowl for a reason...

etc.

And thats good enough for me Very Happy
Burnalot

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2004 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Dorfs should almost always play up in both TR and STR, because they are designed to develope slower than other teams(or so I think). The other reason is that they beat you to pulp anyway.

Burn

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2004 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

once a team gets more than 4 mighty blows it's a team wrecker.

if i wanted my team wrecked i'd play khemri all the time.
Khaan

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2004 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the word boring pretty much sums up my feelings about playing dwarves. Judging from this thread I'm not alone.

Which is a pity, since the concept of stumpy bearded men playing with balls is very appealing. Twisted Evil

To say dwarves are overpowered is giving them too much credit, especially if you base that argument on them being 'bashy'. I don't think dwarves are at the top of bashiness at all. In fact I'd say at around 200tr and up both chaos and orcs are way bashier. Dwarves are strong defensively when they have the ball. Outmaneuvering them is easy if you make sure not to get surrounded, something that it is harder to pull off vs both chaos, orcs and CD's. If you base your 'overpowered' argumentation on the cas difference of any given race then yes, of course dwarves will come out as overpowered. Totally flawed way of looking at it imo.

Anyway, only really fun match I ever had against a dwarf team was versus a coach who had picked diving tackle instead of stand firm on his doubles. Didn't even have that much guard. Coincidentally, that was also the only game against dwarves where I really had to think hard and pull off some mad stunts to get anywhere. Not just the usual get knocked down, stand up from prone, rinse and repeat thing.

I'm sure guard/stand firm would've been both better and safer for his team, but his version was alot more enjoyable. Sprinkle on pass block on quite a few players (instead of mb?) and you might get away from the boredom somewhat.

Which is what it all comes down to I guess. Alot of the blame for not getting games has gotta be placed on the dwarven coaches and their skillchoices. Don't complain about not getting games if you use the standard guard/standfirm/mb setup. Ask yourself the same question the claw/rsc/po chaos of old did. Would I play myself? Probably not, the gameplan is predictable and boring. Sludge and trudge. Hell, I'd rather play those killer chaos, at least there is a chance of some variation in gameplay there.

The Boyz
 Jump to: