37 coaches online • Server time: 08:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the UI **

Ulthuan Invivitational is getting set to start up next week. The teams are making the long journey to the Island to do battle in the unique split race qualifier brackets.

This is allways a fun Major as the qualifing period can get really rough and tumble in the Dark side and some elftastic play can be scene on the Light side.

The venues are great, the food is awesome and the scenery of the mountains of Ulthuan are breath taking. No wonder this major attracts so many specs.

So get your teams primed and ready for the second Major of the season the Ulthuan Invitational.

**Remember**

There is a TV "floor" for this event so make sure your team meets atleast the Min of TV. Also sometimes these High Elves get really up tight and start going on and on and on about tradition.

If they get in one of those moods you better make sure your Team is comfortably above the TV min because they might just decide it is also a capped event at 8 teams Per qualifier group or 64 Teams total in the the Dark and 64 teams in the Light.

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 16:08
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

It IS a capped event. There WILL be a maximum of 64 teams in each group that get drawn into qualifiers.

This is not a Tournament for your riff-raff low rent new teams.

In Ulthuan we accept only the best. We ecxpect history, we expect legends, we expect titanic clashes of quality coaching. But we'll settle for some big overblown teams kicking crap out of each other.

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I just signed up a team with only 66 games history that's never had a legend.
It does, however, have the mission to un-forlorn lizardmen:
Scale Models

Also, it's probably big enough at 2150 TV.
maysrill

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm considering my humans, if I can get them bulked up in time for the draw. Otherwise I'm strongly considering my 2280 TV Wood Elves, who are so bloated that they can't afford to replace their last journeyman but have 6 Super Stars on the roster. UI (light side) is about the only place that might fly.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
baelnic

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
I just signed up a team with only 66 games history that's never had a legend.
It does, however, have the mission to un-forlorn lizardmen:
Scale Models

Also, it's probably big enough at 2150 TV.

I'd like to see a Lizardman winner but not until the Slann win!
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Blood Sea Buccaneers have made port in Ulthuan and are set for the Qualifiers.

Bo will be doing some promo appearances for Musclues Magazine down at Mars Beach on Saturday and Sunday. Pumping the "iron" and giving out some tips.

Bucs will get in 2 or 3 more prep matches before the draw and Coach is looking to fill out the roster with some Mercs and free agents who follow the Majors around. He has his eye on this big lug Ogre who has been stalking the team. Maybe we will give him a shot.

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Red Corsair has also set sail to unforlon Humans just in time for the glt.
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Red Corsairs need to send their blitzers over to Mars beach this weekend. Bo "Knows Blood Bowl" Jackson will take a hour out of his busy schedule and give them a private work out, some tips and get them motivated.

Your blitzers really need to work on the +ST upgrades

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

The Agility Monsters are on their way to Ulthuan, only considering a single preparation match to once more get used to the "feeling" that comes with playing in Ulthuan. Meanwhile, staff and fans are wondering if the elfballing dwarves' all-rounder Grimbald and their rather thin-skinned but well-passing thrower Auri will recover from their latest injury in time for the first (and some mockingly say last) qualifier match.

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sweating a bit about the cut off TV.

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh my FUMBBL Fans the fans that have arrived early are in shock at the local sports bars. They are showing some of the current SMACK action going on. A lot of teams finishing up the SMACK torunaments in prepartion for the UI.

One of the big name Chaos teams has just been laid low. The game just concluded and the fans are in shock.

Excellence in Execution has just been decimated and they limp off the field. The fans are now speculating that there is no way the Excellence crew can some how get back into form and make the "cut" for the UI.

I have to say at this local bar they have some of the best Cabalvision balls I have ever scene. They have 45 of them all over the place. Live streaming SMACK and Brawl matches on all the time. I could retire and live in this bar.

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

In related SMACK action news hitting the UI. It seems the locals are questioning the Coaching prowess of:

Blades of Ulthuan
And
Ulthuan Dragonriders

Both of these teams are locked up in the latest Legend SMACK in the first round. Will they forfeit their matches to get back to the homland and enter the UI?

Will they come up lame and take a loss on purpose and get booted from the legend SMACK?

The pride of Ulthuan is on the line and two of their Legend status teams are stuck in the old world in Altdorf playing in some SMACK. What in the world where their coaches thinking? That is the talk on the streets at the UI.

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

C is for Cookie! arrived at Ulthuan yesterday.

A half hour later no cookies where to be found on the island, since they raided it.

The supply is estimated to run out the day before qualifiers will start.

Will they be subject to Cookie Lust? Or will the elves bake some new before start? Only time will show.

One thing is for sure. They are here to try to gain honour and cookies.
Toombs

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

My Graverobbers have set sail towards Ulthuan, but the blind zombie captain has no idea what he is doing, so the team might not make it. Both wolves however have had the honour of training with Bo from the Blood Sea Buccaneers, and are looking foreward to meeting him at the beach for some armwrestling.
Malmir

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2013 - 07:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Fleetfoot's Revenge are back from semi retirement and set to play their first major for over two years.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=493844

However, there are said to be ructions within their camp about the continued presence of the coach, given his truly terrible record in this event (never made it out of the qualifiers and usually a first round exit). Whilst the fans are glad to see the team looking competitive again, many have complained they have stepped away from the traditional orc bashing game, which has angered purists. Expectations are therefore low...
 Jump to: