67 coaches online • Server time: 22:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Azure

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2013 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
** Milford from the UI **

One team has drawn a lot of attention for their no show is the Tiny Steel Hammers. The defending 2012 Ranked Majors points champion elected not to show. According to inside the team sources they felt that the UI was stacked against them. Last year they did not even make it out of qualifing. They also said that coach Azure is still a little defensive about that foul that took out Little John in the WO. But denies that the team is discombobulated to the point that they dont think they have what it takes to compete at a high level with out him.

Sources outside the team are indicating that reports have surfaced that the Hammers think their title runs are over with and the "window" has closed on their chances of winning another major.

The reports are false. In fact, The Tiny Steel Hammers did show up at the UI. Ready to compete - even if they were outmatched. However, they were the 66th largest team - and the guard at the gate...some grumpy old man in a purple coat barked out that they would not be allowed inside.

Now this caused quite a scene - as the troll slayers tried to push him aside and skink tried to sneak past - but the guards would have none of it. Officially, it seems the Tiny Steel Hammers have been labelled as "too small" and "too weak" to compete. This is an incredible affront - and coach Azure is quite upset about this snub and has vowed revenge...
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2013 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I received word from a agent of the Tiny Steel Hammers about their fate in the UI. I was curious so I went to UI HQ. After being shuffled around to 7 diffrent people I finally got to speak to one of the board members of the UI Competition Committe.

He tried to stall me but I persisted in my inquiry. It turns out there was no record of the Hammers at the city gates. Just a mention of a troupe of vagabond down on their luck dwarfs. It also stated that 2 slayers assaulted the city gates, vandalized the gold gilden on the frame. Furthermore they caught a renegade skink attempting to infiltrate the city through the sewar exit from the city. The renegade was later Identified as the notorious Smoked Woodstock.

So the rulling to disallow the Hammers was based on they did not meet the TV minnimum for entry. I asked if the Hammers were given some dispensation on the fact they are the defending Ranked Majors champion. He said there was a brief conversation but the actions of the Dwarfs showed they were of un sound mind and criminals for their attempted break and enter by the skink. Also the assault on the main gates was beyond the pale. So any dispensation given to the Hammers was in the form of them not being thrown in jail or killed at the city gates as they attempted to storm the city.

The official then gave me the "spock" eyebrow as to see if I had a retort.

Obviously, I did not and turned and left.

So we are left with 2 conclusions.

1)The Hammers are lucky these elves did not make them into pin cushions or throw them in jail.

2)The Hammers need to beef up and retool so they can defend their GLT title.

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2013 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Muscle orcs go down hard, what does Bo have to say about that?

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2013 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

The match

Agility Monsters vs. Blood Sea Buccaneers

had to be postponed and is now scheduled for Saturday, 06:00 bbtime (in about 8 hours).

On the bright side, reporters now had time to catch some statements in the Agility Monsters camp. All in all, the atmosphere is fantastic!

--------------------------------

Rabe (Head Coach):
"The Monsters are always willing to play famous teams. I'm more than happy we'll be able to have a spectacular match against the Buccaneers. Of course I expect us to win."

Jongor:
"I'll meet Bo on the pitch! Plain awesomeness!!"

Brumbas:
"I've met quite a few teams in my career, but the Buccs are certainly something special. At least they are one of the loudest teams. Let's see if we can silence them a bit. *wink*"

Gargin:
*grunts* "I have NOT been training with Mr. Jackson. And if he dares to try his muscle play on me, I'll send him right back to the ground to learn some humility, I swear."

Rhoda:
"The Buccaneers are an interesting opponent for sure, though I wonder a bit if it's more off the pitch than on it. No matter what, we are well prepared!"

Dalandis (Offensive Coordinator):
"They have their strengths, but our team is well-rounded. I don't see any problems on offense, it will mainly come down to a proper defense play."

Alion (Defensive Coordinator):
"Our team is strong, they have far more vulnerable spots. Our defense is solid, it will come down to how well our players perform on offense."

Frorin (Chef):
"Most of the special ingredients they have here are strange at best, more likely disgusting. However, I found a few interesting ones and I think I've created something that will really ginger up our boys!"

Fundur (Kitchen Hand):
"I'll tell you what: I'm usually not much into their kind, but man... here it's something different. They're tall, well, but graceful... and those legs! ... What? Buccaneers? I'm talkin' about the elf chicks of Ulthuan! Who are those Blood Sea Buccaneers?"

Last edited by Rabe on %b %15, %2013 - %23:%Mar; edited 2 times in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2013 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Inside the Buccaneers Locker room 1 hour before kick off.

This was recorded on a hidden mic and given to Milford.

Coach: Ok guys, it is almost game time. Remember your assignments. Let’s get after the ball, track those dorfs down and punish them. Boz, your DP boots are over here, stop wandering around.

Buccaneers are all over the locker room. Going through pre match rituals. Guys are yelling and screaming. Getting worked up for the match. Bo is in the corner pumping the weights and drinking his pre game “juice”.

Then then the locker room door opens up. In strides lucy the cabin wench.

Lucy: Ah coach? What in the hell are you doing? I thought you said we were going to go out on the town tonight. Spend some quality time together. Away from the “boys”.

Coach: Bah! Wench cant you see it is almost time for the big game? I got work to do.

Lucy: Work? You call Blood Bowl work? That is what you do to get away from me it seems. Now you better call off this match and get ready to go out or else.

Coach: What? Are you kidding me? The match is arranged. The specs are ready. I cant let them down?

Lucy: Well you just need to call the Ui thing a thing. Talk to that other coach and come up with a better time. Right?

Coach is rolling his eyes, shuffling his feet. The players are all silent.
Coach: Yes my dear you are right.

Lucy gives a big smile and walks out. 5 seconds later the room erupts in laughter and cat calls at coach.

Coach: Ok, you heard the boss. Stand down until 6:00 BB time saturady.

Coach leaves the locker room and the laughter behind to get his dress clothes on for a night on the town.

Coach is thinking he better get “lucky” tonight to make up for this.

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2013 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you can figure out in the story who coach is and who lucy is.

Got to love it.

Last edited by PainState on %b %15, %2013 - %23:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2013 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

** Update from the Buccaneers Locker room **

Coach is getting all set to meet Lucy. Getting set and ready. She calls from the next room.

Hey quess what? I just bought a new car!!!!

Coach just shakes his head..My NUFFLE...Iam so toast

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2013 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Ultimate Superheroes to take the stage in their first Major game since 2007 on Sunday at 2130 BBtime.

They are up against Anisdrin's team that knocked PeteW out of the semifinal of Warpstone Open VII. Revenge will be ours!

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2013 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Sniff sniff... Cookie monster smells elf cookies!

C is for Cookie! vs Blades of Ulthuan

will be played tomorrow(sunday) at 21:00 BBtime
p4m

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2013 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Quariondk wrote:
Sniff sniff... Cookie monster smells elf cookies!

C is for Cookie! vs Blades of Ulthuan

will be played tomorrow(sunday) at 21:00 BBtime

COOOOOOOOOOOKIES ... lots of COOOOOOOOOOOOOOKIES!
Araznaroth

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2013 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems Bo knew what to do! Pity Lucy's interferrence postponed the match. Would have wanted to spec but the risk of upsetting my own Lucy was too great! Very Happy
Rabe

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2013 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Bo not only wants to lead the Buccaneers, but humanity to a major win. I can only support this cause, even if it meant for my Monsters to step aside.

Go, Buccaneers!!

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2013 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Pig Sty Alley's kung fu proves too much for Ugly And Dumb. Some fans were shocked to see the Alley score early in the 2nd half and risk further damage in an effort to skill up a wolf. Well, no further score was made but Nuffle granted the wolf the MVP as reward.

Shockingly, with the deadline less than 2 days away, this was the 1st game in our qualifier.

Well, the grudge rematch with Pink Troll Killers is halfway to being a reality.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2013 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

After a narrow victory cookie monster will have to go through lizardmen to get to the qualifier finals. Will it be enough or is lizardmens own cookies to bad a taste?

We will see.

C is for Cookie! vs Rasssing Sssnakesss at wednesday 21:30 BB time.

Be there and bring cookies!
lawman

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2013 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

2nd Round Match scheduled for 16:30 tomorrow.

Lawman's Old School DJ vs Eisenherz's I cant get any lower than this

A battle between two powerhouse CD teams with some interesting ball carriers. However, Eisenherz has better CDB's. So I will need some favorable cas dice.
 Jump to: