35 coaches online • Server time: 10:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Retro21

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2013 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

What it says on the tin really - anyone use it as main offensive plan since it's been implemented in fumbbl?
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2013 - 14:59
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

for bombs hail mary pass is one of the most amazingist things ever! so yes it is used. more often in stunty though but i can see how teams with lots of diving catch like slann can use it. i hear that Khemri make use of it as well and it makes sense (all 2agi)
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2013 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I used it for a while in Stunty, with my Skrye. I'd flood the backfield, wall off about quarter of the pitch, and then lob the ball while bashing away.

I would not have wanted to use it in an environment where players had > mv 5 Very Happy.

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2013 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

You'll never forget facing gnomes with 3/4 HMP Bombers Sad
ain

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2013 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Lorebass wrote:
for bombs hail mary pass is one of the most amazingist things ever! so yes it is used. more often in stunty though but i can see how teams with lots of diving catch like slann can use it. i hear that Khemri make use of it as well and it makes sense (all 2agi)

I don't get it. What's the point in Khemri using HMP?
p4m

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2013 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

ain wrote:
Lorebass wrote:

I don't get it. What's the point in Khemri using HMP?

stay in the backfield and when you are in need you can get the ball to the waiting zombies in the opponents endzone Wink
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2013 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Skryre love it. Any stunty loves it. But Skryre most of all: having two Stand Firm guys and a bunch of mobile Guard, and running out of men so fast, I find that on offense dropping back with the Jezzail is a beautiful thing.

the trick to Hail Mary is dropping a player back with the ball, so you can open space with ten men. Then force the opponent to commit, and when he opens up space, form up in it and HMP into it at end of turn.

In normal BB, Khemri, Dwarfs, and other teams with bad mobility and ball skills but good space control are the best candidates, because it's easy to use TGs and Skel-fouls to make your opponent leave you a place to cage up in. Even then, it's a slightly dubious tactic, in that you almost certainly have to pick up again, and a little bad bounciness could expose it.

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2013 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Out of curiosity, can Dump Off be combined with Hail Mary Pass?
Retro21

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2013 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Dump Off is only three square pass max.

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2013 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

@blader4411: No it can't. Hail Mary Pass is technically quite similar to a special pass range, and Dump Off requires Quick Pass range. Details can be found in the rules.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2013 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

What's nice about it is that it's a terminal skill track: you get Sure Hands and HMP, and then... Block and Tackle, duh!

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2013 - 16:53
FUMBBL Staff

[quote="p4m]
Lorebass wrote:

I don't get it. What's the point in Khemri using HMP?[/quote][/quote]

Khemri have 2 agility as well. even with pass skill you fail the pass often enough you wouldnt want to make it much. Hail Mary pass does not use agility when it is making its roll.
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2013 - 16:55
FUMBBL Staff

Khemri have 2 agility as well. even with pass skill you fail the pass often enough you wouldnt want to make it much. Hail Mary pass does not use agility when it is making its roll.[/quote]
Duder

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2013 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I recently took hmp on a squig herder and diving catch on a hopper. I am going to give using it as a main offensive strategy a go. I plan on taking more diving catch, bash into the backfield then let the ball fly.

I have doubts about this being awesomely effective, but it seems fun.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2013 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

It's way better than it looks, because surprisingly, it's very reliable for what it does. I wouldn't call it awesomely effective, but when it's effective it's awesome....

I'm actually considering it for my NBFL Amazons. They're not much on offense, and a lack of redirect potential is giving me trouble in division games. Not like I'd use it against Skaven, but against the bash teams it could spread them out a bit and let me put maximum girl power on the point of attack.