22 coaches online • Server time: 06:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Smallballs

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2013 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

So I have just started a fling team and doing well 2/0/0 so far.

I have 100k in my pocket ready for the next game and was thinking about hiring a master chef.

My question is how do you do it I assume it is during the inducements stage but just wanted o know exactly what happens when you buy one.

Also is it better as a fling player to keep the cash incase of a cas heavy match or if something happened to a tree. Or should you just take one game at a time and try and win them all.

Finally do people who play against flings get annoyed if you steal their rr or do they just accept it as a known risk of playing flings.

Thank you
Badoek

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2013 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

answer on last question: anyone getting annoyed at that deserves everybody's mockery.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2013 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

of course it's annoying Smile
but that's a great advantage for flings Very Happy
chef and DT/SS ftw
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2013 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

When you play you will have noticed it asks you whether you want to add petty cash or not.
Smallballs

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2013 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

cool so do you add 100k of petty cash and then buy the inducement
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2013 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

nice start. How on earth did you beat an Undead team........

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2013 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Smallballs wrote:
cool so do you add 100k of petty cash and then buy the inducement

just play any team with 100k more TV and you'll get the inducement money.
Smallballs

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2013 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Other coach started to obsess about tacking out trees with his mummies - which kind of let off my flings quite a bit. Too be fair in both games I had a little ttm luck, but so far so good.
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2013 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

well you always need a little luck with flings. But beating undead is awesome, they should absolutely slaughter flings with ease, they are one of the toughest races for rookie flings to face when you dont have all your inducements etc.. (obviously excluding the dwarf races).

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2013 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

The easiest solution is to look for an opponent who is 100k up, then you will get a chef AND get to keep your money for replacing a tree or smth.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2013 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

"The easiest solution is to look for an opponent who is 100k up, then you will get a chef AND get to keep your money for replacing a tree or smth."

Please note this is also a form of minmaxing. (Except it is done with a Tier3 race.)
Point is that aversion against minmax is not a theoretical, but a practical verdict.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2013 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

regarding something at the end of a continuum as nonexisting is an argumentative flaw
garyt1

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2013 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I would agree with the Sage. Maybe use the 100K every now (such as in a big match or tourney) and then but you want to have enough money in the bank to replace a treeman. Also when you spend 100K on inducements the other side gets 100K inducements free (if my understanding is correct).
licker

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2013 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, if you spend 100k (or any amount) that amount is added to the other teams budget as well.

However, if you are getting 60k in inducements and spend 100k the other team will only wind up with 40k to spend. So in that case you're essentially adding 40k to your side at a cost of 100k while the opponent winds up with 'nothing'.

If you are the favorite then whatever you add is added to the dogs already existing inducement balance.

I have a match coming up where I know I will be retiring the team after its completion and I'm debating dumping my ~1m bank just so that both of us can play with all kinds of crazy. Problem is I will already have likely 500k in inducements :p
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2013 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Why would rookie undead butcher rookie flings?

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
 Jump to: