28 coaches online • Server time: 01:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nelphine

Post   Posted: May 14, 2013 - 04:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Two more of my picks have been roasted out; the first is Lone Stars, whom I was rather surprised was booted out of the old teams qualifiers. Second was Wild Weeds, where I was expecting a rather close game.. and got one that was even closer than I had ever imagined! My choice there easily goes now to Pig Sty Alley (even without the wight). In the old teams, my new pick is Quetzls Jungle Fighters.
C3I2

Post   Posted: May 14, 2013 - 04:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
There will be 16, 8 team KO Qualifying Tournaments. 4 from each of the GLT qualifying groups. This will be followed by a 16 team weekly KO Tournament to determine the overall winner.

As far as I can tell, this is only true for the fastest to apply group; hence unless you get a filler in the first round you got a better chance of winning your group in that category, compared with any of the others. Why is that?
Nelphine

Post   Posted: May 14, 2013 - 04:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Whether a qualifier is 8 or 16 teams in size is based on the number of people who apply. (I believe.) Although I think the quick had a special rule in effect mentioning that it would start as soon as 8 people had applied, so it was known ahead of time that it had a good chance of being a smaller qualifier.
C3I2

Post   Posted: May 14, 2013 - 04:42 Reply with quote Back to top

That is obviously the case; so instead of having a TV cutoff in the high TV category everyone that applied got placed. The same for all other pools.

So, if that is the case, I should automatically apply for the quick category then, regardless of what is posted, next year?
Nelphine

Post   Posted: May 14, 2013 - 04:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Although, there wasn't a quick category last year; the 4th category seems to change each year, so don't count on it being there again.
Azure

Post   Posted: May 14, 2013 - 04:58 Reply with quote Back to top

C3I2 wrote:
That is obviously the case; so instead of having a TV cutoff in the high TV category everyone that applied got placed. The same for all other pools.

So, if that is the case, I should automatically apply for the quick category then, regardless of what is posted, next year?

To win a major a team generally has to win 7 or 8 games. So if you end up with a draw that means you have to win 8 games instead of 7, that can happen. Now if you win 7 games but then lose in the finals, feel free to ask for pity. As it is good luck with your GLT run. Feel free to give a shout out after you win your 7th game.
Rabe

Post   Posted: May 14, 2013 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
Two more of my picks have been roasted out; the first is Lone Stars, whom I was rather surprised was booted out of the old teams qualifiers.

This is great news! Mr. Green

Go Jungle Fighters!

Post   Posted: May 14, 2013 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Well what can you do. When you fight Necroes and even there Ghules have Regen.
I killed this Impressive str 4 ghule and yet he lives. They even wend to the lengths of deducting my Star player points awarded for a kill and to erase it from the records.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
easilyamused

Post   Posted: May 14, 2013 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I predict that after losing 370tv in the second half of this game my humans will go out in the next round, barring a miracle that is. Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 14, 2013 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Qaz wrote:
Well what can you do. When you fight Necroes and even there Ghules have Regen.
I killed this Impressive str 4 ghule and yet he lives. They even wend to the lengths of deducting my Star player points awarded for a kill and to erase it from the records.

What happened? Was this due to the game server reset?

Post   Posted: May 14, 2013 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Azure wrote:
C3I2 wrote:

To win a major a team generally has to win 7 or 8 games. So if you end up with a draw that means you have to win 8 games instead of 7, that can happen. Now if you win 7 games but then lose in the finals, feel free to ask for pity. As it is good luck with your GLT run. Feel free to give a shout out after you win your 7th game.

Or, you could for example post this next year:

There will be 16, KO Qualifying Tournaments. 4 from each of the GLT qualifying groups. Each Qualifying Tournament will have 8 or 16 spots depending on number of applicants in that group.

This will be followed by a 16 team weekly KO Tournament to determine the overall winner.

That way, the information about the meta is correct. You as a player can at least guess that its not important to have high TV in the high TV group (1500 is enough), or think you will need 250 games when 40 is enough in that group and so on, i.e. the categories is fluff.
Qaz

Post   Posted: May 14, 2013 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

@Chainsaw

Kind of. I had a crappy turn that got lost do to the reset. But funny enough that tourn played out exactly the same even with the wasted RR. But later on the server crashed and that erased the best turn I had in the game and the replay of that was less than satisfactory.

but ohh well. I might have lost any how things was not really going the way I wanted to.

But hats off to my opponent who was a nice chap and a good talk. It buggs me it had to be that way but its not any ones fault.

I wish madmatt13 all the best in the rest of his GLT.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
PainState

Post   Posted: May 14, 2013 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the GLT **

Well the action is getting hot and heavy now at the GLT. Checking out the 2013 Points standings it is looking grim.

Lone Stars, Flach 4th Try and Fleetfoots are bumped in the opening rounds. Team of the Spider Queen did not qualify for the GLT. To the Top Ranked is facing Spirit Breakers this round. So At the end of this current round 5 of the top 6 teams in point standings will be eliminated.

Can Humanity rise up and plant themselves on top of the point standings?

Will the Tiny Steel Hammers regain their stride and blow up the GLT and take the #1 spot to defend their 2012 title?

2013 Point standings Also a link to the top player stats for the 2013 majors up to this point.

***Link provided for those coaches who have no clue as to what Iam talking about***

Post   Posted: May 14, 2013 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro Elf and I vote! Just left the hospital today. Still in bandages, leg casts and 2 players in wheel chairs.

According to reports they are headed down to the police deparment to file a formal complaint and hopefully an arrest of the Hellbound.

The charges according to the Pro Elf team is this.

1)Voter intimidation by blocking off access with the use of scythe bladed chariots.

2)Unlawful assembly infront of a voting center

3)Political Intimidation of voters. Promoting the Anarchy party and beating down anybody who does not agree with them. (BTW: Pro Elf and I vote! hates the anarchy party, which is one of the reasons they where in the hospital)

4)Interference of the democratic right to vote for who ever you want.

5)Intimidation by the use of Hellhounds on chains which could cause bodily harm to voters. (There is a civil case pending because a Hell Hound did get loose and let a breath of hellfire on a old granny and burned off all her hair.)

Well we will see how far these charges go. It is possible the Hellbound could face up to 5 years in the pokey for these violations. But my friend who is a legal expert tells me that the Altdorf magistrate who will hear these charges, if they get that far. Will probally throw them out.

Behnind the scenes the witch hunters are trying to make the case that the magistrate is actually a follower of the Ruinious powers. So the Hellbound will probally have a very favorable hearing in front of the magistrate.

Post   Posted: May 14, 2013 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

C3I2 wrote:
Azure wrote:
C3I2 wrote:

Or, you could for example post this next year:

There will be 16, KO Qualifying Tournaments. 4 from each of the GLT qualifying groups. Each Qualifying Tournament will have 8 or 16 spots depending on number of applicants in that group.

This will be followed by a 16 team weekly KO Tournament to determine the overall winner.

That way, the information about the meta is correct. You as a player can at least guess that its not important to have high TV in the high TV group (1500 is enough), or think you will need 250 games when 40 is enough in that group and so on, i.e. the categories is fluff.

OR, what is there now could be left unchanged:

Quote:
The total number of applicants to this group will determine the size of the 4 qualifiers. All applicants, up to a maximum of 64, will be placed into qualifying draws, which we be as evenly filled as possible

Which spells it out nicely. 16 is the upper bound (based on 64 total), no lower bound. Might be a qual of 4 if no one signs up. Personally, I read that, decided that it was likely to be 8 or 16 and decided to apply to a fast qual for that and a few other reasons. I don't think there was any mystery about what was going to happen?
 Jump to: