11 coaches online • Server time: 04:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Record the length of...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Loew

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2013 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

King_Ghidra wrote:
... and I can't help thinking you've been rather outrageously unlucky in losing three qualifier finals.

I think this is the problem of Necros in a tournament:
they have a hard time recovering from bad luck...or just from average CPoMB damage on the wrong players.

As a sidenote: I don't think undeads are better of in CRP...at least I can't remember seeing an undead team in a main draw of a CRP Major
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2013 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

All the Buff Rowdy dogs decide to play for Studmandudebro. That's why they never win anything. All the other dogs just aren't buff and rowdy enough.

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2013 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I really like this Necro team: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=641961

Watched them play, the Flesh Golems are extremely annoying with their Blodge Stand Firm Diving Tackle especially vs. Elves and the team has very nice Stats and Doubles, too. All they need is Tackle on one of the Wights and the MB Wolf. With a little luck they could certainly go deep in a Major.
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2013 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there some list of the number of times each race have won a Major and which are still forlorn races?

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2013 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:
I really like this Necro team: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=641961

Watched them play, the Flesh Golems are extremely annoying with their Blodge Stand Firm Diving Tackle especially vs. Elves and the team has very nice Stats and Doubles, too. All they need is Tackle on one of the Wights and the MB Wolf. With a little luck they could certainly go deep in a Major.

They look very nice. To few Guards in my opinion. but otherwise.
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2013 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

To add to the CRaP,
why did zombies add 10k to their cost? Thats 70 TV right there. 2 DP and a leader skill on the Zombies. Now they are 10k short of Orc linemen, which has +1 in all stat categories except ST. Ok, Regen is OP but still...
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2013 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:
Is there some list of the number of times each race have won a Major and which are still forlorn races?

There is in the GLN but it's not up to date.
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2013 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos Pact; Goblin; Halfling; Human; Khemri; Lizardman; Necormantic; Norse; Slann; Undead; Underworld and Vampire.

Those are the Forlorn races.

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2013 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a common thread with all them...Those are the standard AG3/2 races. Also known as the tweener races. Not really good at bash or ball. Notice how all the heavy bash is off the list and the Ag4 elf teams are all missing?

Zons are off the list because they won one of the very first majors on FUMBBL way back in the day when Zons could have ogres and such.

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2013 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

[url=]Zons Unforlorn[/url] Check out the dates of the match report. Also FC II was a 16 team event back in those days.

Due to the age of the match report I cant seem to link it, only view it.

It was Jan 2004 that Zons last won a major.

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2013 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

They had Mädchen She was an ogre in her own right and a damn nice legend from when legends where a rarity.

Petter ruled the early days of Fumbbl majors

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
King_Ghidra

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2013 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
There is a common thread with all them...Those are the standard AG3/2 races. Also known as the tweener races. Not really good at bash or ball. Notice how all the heavy bash is off the list and the Ag4 elf teams are all missing?

Absolutely a valid point. It does seem that in its most ultra-competitive and unrestricted form, BB favours teams that are very good at one thing rather than ok at a couple.

That said, I think Necros, and some of the other forlorns are not far off success regardless. Lizzies, Pact, Vamps, Slann, Humans, Khemri, even Underworld I think, have all have gone deep in Majors, and done that with FAR less representation than the old favourites. There are builds, tactics, and players that have shown they are close.

Anyway, to drag things back to Necros, this is a monster team that could give any heavyweight a run for its money imho.
Mihme

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2013 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

King_Ghidra wrote:
PainState wrote:

Absolutely a valid point. It does seem that in its most ultra-competitive and unrestricted form, BB favours teams that are very good at one thing rather than ok at a couple.

That said, I think Necros, and some of the other forlorns are not far off success regardless. Lizzies, Pact, Vamps, Slann, Humans, Khemri, even Underworld I think, have all have gone deep in Majors, and done that with FAR less representation than the old favourites. There are builds, tactics, and players that have shown they are close.

Anyway, to drag things back to Necros, this is a monster team that could give any heavyweight a run for its money imho.

Yeah, i have been thinking that my team could really have shot with major if it would have better coach Smile. Can't really hope much better necro team, but in my hands it most likely wont achieve more than some smack victories etc. Would love to see what some real "top" coach could do with it.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2013 - 01:09 Reply with quote Back to top

BooAhl wrote:
To add to the CRaP,
why did zombies add 10k to their cost? Thats 70 TV right there. 2 DP and a leader skill on the Zombies. Now they are 10k short of Orc linemen, which has +1 in all stat categories except ST. Ok, Regen is OP but still...

Because Undead are uber good at low TV, best rookie team in the game along with orcs and wood elves imo. They also have regen which in its self is meant to be 30k per player.

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2013 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Because Undead are uber good at low TV, best rookie team in the game along with orcs and wood elves imo. They also have regen which in its self is meant to be 30k per player.

*double take*

What!?! Best rookie team? Are you insane? Necro are really hard to play at rookie level. OK, you get frenzy and stand firm... that gives you an angle.

1) Hardly any block - a few bad block dice and it's curtains
2) Not strong - struggle against teams with a few ST4
3) Not agile - struggle against any elf team if you fail to cause cas

I'm not sure what experience you are basing your assertion [of low TV / rookie capability] on.

Jump to: