21 coaches online • Server time: 06:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PeteW

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2013 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Grats Largo. Good job!

I henceforth declare myself second. Until Qaz challenges me to a game, then I shall retract my decision!

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2013 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Gratz Largo!
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2013 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Gratz Largo!

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2013 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Many congratulations! Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2013 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

/clap
SvenS

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2013 - 07:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Largo wrote:
But apparently it helps to roll dice like Satan himself.

\o/

Off for a beer.

Grats! Smile

SL
PainState

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2013 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the finals of the Lustrian Challenge **

What a finals match FUMBBL fans. Nie dla dzieci takes home the trophy and all the fame and glory. Lone Stars are left bloody and beat down after the match.

Up in the press box as the game was unfolding cries of NUFFLE could be heard from the partisan Lone Star media outlets. How they got NUFFLED and the orcs, those upstart punks, some how managed to pull out the most important win of the tournament.

When I pointed out that CPOMB is a great combo for chaos it does not always work. Sometimes it is just average and that is when things get out of whack. With out the CAS flying off the pitch as the game wears on the Chaos scumm have a harder and harder time of it.

Needless to say my description of events transpiring was to much for them. They came unglued and went rage mode on me.

I then pointed out to them that when the CPOMB is powered down then the Orcs Mighty Blow/PileOn is just as effective. Especially against AV8 beastmen who seemed to be getting de pitched at an alarming rate.

As the Lone Star media guys were pulling their hair out and screaming the Orcs just plodded along. Getting the numbers advantage in the second half and just rolled the Lone Stars. A very nice second half of 8 turn grind/stall/bash and then carry the ball over the endline on T16 of the match. It was a thing of beauty if you like the bash game.

The match turned on T6 for the Lone Stars when they decided to score instead of attempt to stall out one more turn before going in on T7 or T8 of the first half. The Bomber had some influence on that choice. That Bomber was in prime position and well covered by the orcs. He had that endline covered in bomb range to really mess with the Lone Stars plans. It also did not hurt that they did get some timely KO/CAS in that first half to disrupt the Lone Stars offensive tempo.

That set up the orcs for a 3 turn score to end the first and they took full advanatage and managed to punch in the score to end the first half. Setting up their second half romp of the Chaos scumm.

So in the end the Orcs played a perfect match from a tactical stand point. Greatly aided by a few timely KO/CAS a well placed Bomber and CPOMB that was not firing on all cylinders for the match.

Now that we are a day removed from the Orcs victory in the LC we have all forgotten about it and are getting geared up for the FUMBBL Cup. Will Nie enter the FC and romp its way deep into the FC to make us remember their victory in the LC? Will they just be another one and done majors champ? sink back down into the sespool of mediocrity and never climb back out? Does it really matter? They have the temple guardian and a shiny new trophy. One can bask in that glory for atleast one year, cant they?

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2013 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you very much! Thanks for the ride everyone! It's a great feeling, after such a long tournament.

Many times I thought I was done for, especially in the final. Perhaps the first 1d troll blitz shows how very nervous I was. With Qaz's claws sabotaged and Nuffle pulling me by the hair through my awful mistakes I stayed in the game. Smile I'll try to play better next time.

The battered Nie dla dzieci (Polish for "Not for children", after a comic book) sadly won't participate in FC, because I didn't have time for recovery games. Instead, I entered with some hitherto untried necros. I'm hoping to show the lizard champion around in another event.
 Jump to: