31 coaches online • Server time: 09:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
maysrill

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2013 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

The Legion of Orgrimmar eagerly awaits the draw...

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
Alf115

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2013 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

We would blood !
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2013 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Blood Sea Bucacneers are in attendance at the draw and have given the wink and nod to the official chit puller.

The bribes and the week long vacation to a beach side resort are about to pay off.

The easiest bracket in the LC.

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2013 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

My NUFFLE how long does it take to get this show moving. Did that many coaches on the Perma Ban list attempt to sneak in?

Is there a riot going on right now at the draw?

Are the admins drunk and passed out right before they pulled the first chit?

Last edited by PainState on %b %08, %2013 - %00:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
SpacemanJames

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2013 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Sexy doom awaits!
PeteW

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2013 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

So I look on the group page and my team has the highest tv. Woop. Jimmyfantastic has the lowest.

900 tv is quite a big range!

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2013 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
So I look on the group page and my team has the highest tv. Woop. Jimmyfantastic has the lowest.

900 tv is quite a big range!

Research is for the weak and prepared.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2013 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the Monsters were second highest I think (when I looked a few teams had been kicked already) and play against one of the lowest teams. 2520k vs. 1680k - 840k of inducement money. Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2013 - 01:05
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

It's high time i ponied up for the site. havnt cashed into Christer for a while.

So for every person that tips ALL 16 LC qualifiers in this thread, in standardised 1-16 format, i will donate $1 to fumbbl. If we get more than 10 i will think up some form of prize.

Don't expect anything big.

To tip... simply guess, or work out, who will win each of the 16 qualifiers, before Sunday ends. thats Sunday 11th 23:59 bbtime.

You can tip every game, or tip only the winner. You can write essays of reason and logic, or just type 16 names. But somewhere in each post i'd like the 16 qualifier winners listed:
1: Some Team
2: Some other team
3: Clampombination
4: MorClaw
etc

For ease of collation.

Get tipping.

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2013 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok are we going to do this in this thread? or the prediction thread?

Make a third thread?

Me confused.

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2013 - 01:26
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

right here, right now.

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2013 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

First dead player of Lustrian CUP VII

Gernot Rohr 10 (116 spps Chaos Warrior of mine)
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=8200880

Dodge
Block
Mighty Blow
Claw
Guard

Can add : "d" now Smile
jamiep151

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2013 - 02:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Lets go with some predictions.

Quali 1 Swiss Cheese Junkies
Final: To the top ranked vs Swiss Cheese Junkies
Winner here will depend a lot on attrition two teams have taken but Swiss Cheese have the depth of 16 players and out right monster stars. Swiss Cheese to win this one

Quali 2 Bloody Celerities
Final: Bloody Celebrities vs Rasssing Sssnakesss
Winner will be Bloody Celebrities they are a pro elf team with a spare players and the stats and stars to take this one.

Quali 3 C is for Cookie!
This brackets winner will come form the bottom half of the draw very nasty down there.

C is for Cookie! to beat the bucs
Sithis Revenge to beat Destiny Calling

C is for Cookie! to beat Sithis Revenge and then win the finals

Quali 4 Zapadores Anonimos
Final: Stage and Glory vs Zapadores Anonimos
Zapadores to win with dwarf beat down and attrition.

Quali 5 Oderus' Scumdogs
Final: Helmand Hammers vs Oderus' Scumdogs
Looking at the two teams records I will be backing Oderus' Scumdogs despite the dwarves claw although if the claw is sharp could be an upset here.

Quali 6 Last Dead Standing
Final: Purple Delvers vs Last Dead Standing
Undead got the depth of roster and guard to go toe to toe with the dwarfs. Undead to win in a very intense positioning game.

Quali 7 Vanilla Guard
Final: Vanilla Guard vs Shrieking Bloodstorm
Elves to elf stuff and jump past the Lizards into the main draw

Quali 8 I Want My MTV
Final: I Want My MTV vs Rraavvaattzzeewwaa
Necros have the players they need to take this one. They force there way through to conclude the first 8 Qualifiers

Quali 9 Mind of a Sociopath
Final: Mind of a Sociopath vs Ultimate Superheroes
Two solid teams but with the wiz and other inducements I see the necros edging it in one of the to watch matches.

Quali 10 Lone Stars
Final: Lone Stars vs Finstercoven Bears
The Lone Stars rip the dwarves to bits and begin the chase to their second major.

Quali 11 Change you can Believe In
Final: Change you can Believe In vs Helena High
The chaos are ready for this match only 1 tackle but lots of other skills around to team to compensate they move onwards.

Quali 12 Welcome to South Park
Final: Films I Like vs Welcome to South Park (gotta back your own team :L)
Blood bath guard everywhere claw everywhere teams play positionally but ultimately aim to kill the other. My head says Malmir will take it but my bias says South Park snatch it!

Quali 13 Dollhouse
Final: Circus Stromboli vs Dollhouse
Circus lack the punch to hammer the elves down quick enough to dominate the match the elves power past.

Quali 14 Nurkulan Mukulat
Final: Nurkulan Mukulat vs Mithril Diablos
Solid bash match but Nurkulan have more strength and claw only one winner here.

Quali 15 Nandorins
Final: Fellowship of the Anurans vs Nandorins
Nandorins are are great shape with a proven coach behind them Nandorins push on.

Quali 16 Lannisters of Casterly Rock
This is the second bracket where the bottom half looks very nasty and where the winner will come from.

Dinos lack tackle and are beaten by the vamps
Popes lack the bench to go the distance and are beaten by the dark elves in one of the first round matches to watch.

Super vamps can't hold back the dark elves Tauro moves into main draw in the final qualifier.

Last edited by jamiep151 on %b %08, %2013 - %04:%Aug; edited 4 times in total
Azure

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2013 - 04:09 Reply with quote Back to top

LC VII Qualifier Winners:

1. To the topranked (Wood Elf - rafadavila)
- Team is nearly unstoppable. Hard to ever pick against this team no matter the opponents.

2. Feedtime Frogs (Slann - B_SIDE)
- Bloody Celebrities have an excellent pro elf team and taking some extra apoth in the first round will help them get past the Dark Elves and they will leap over and around the chaos team in the second round. In the finals, they will face the Feedtime Frogs - who barely stripball their way past some excellent Orcs. One of the hardest qualifiers to pick as I could see any of several of these teams making it. Just going with the hope that slann can rise above here.

3. A Well-Read Pestilence (Nurgle - RobRoyDuncan)
- Another tough call, as it could very easily be Gary_Gygax and shusaku in the finals with their nasty wood elves...however, 2 ST 5 tentacle players, disturbing presence and lots of tackle - I think Rob will be able to pick apart the agility teams and emerge as perhaps a surprise to many as the qualifier winner here.

4. Zapadores Anonimos (Dwarf - anisdrin)
- An excellent draw for anisdrin here and I am confident he will cruise to three easy wins crushing this qualifier.

5. Green Denso Sards (Orc - BattleLore)
- A tough draw and a lot of pitfalls possible here - not very confident BattleLore makes it through - but he is more likely than anyone else I could see. Bottom line is everyone I would favor to win here has potentially bad matchups that could cripple them they need to get through. Tough qualifier.

6. Wandering Feathers (High Elf - bram)
- A shot in the dark here. I have never played bram and to my knowledge never observed any of his games - however, his High Elves are what I like to see - well skilled and deep bench. They are the best team in the qualifier - not going to lose to attrition and have an easier path than other potential winners.

7. Hodge Podge of Blodge (Dark Elf - Rat_Salat)
- I think Tribe called Death will emerge from the bottom half - although no one really shines from that set of four teams. The top four teams I would rank ahead of all four from the bottom set honestly. I tip my hat to those four teams - Ah! my Goddesses may win over Gravelords but not without damage - and Hodge Podge of Blodge is the better team than Vanilla Guard - but I give the edge in experience to SvenS. Very tough to call...I went with the best team...but Rat_Salat will have to be on top of his game to win here.

8. Rraavvaattzzeewwaa (Lizardmen - Mateuszzzzzz)
- A lot of human teams in this qualifier - and I am tempted to take one of them here - but this is a perfectly prepped lizard team and they will be favored each step of the way...unless perhaps they face Necros in the finals - but I think Bluwood Blue Tits will take down the Necros then fail in the finals.

9. Ultimate Superheroes (Wood Elves - PeteW)
- I glanced at the other teams, but really - impossible to pick against the Superheroes here. The draw is not an easy one for them - but still they are the heavy favorites here.

10. Lone Stars (Chaos - Qaz)
- Wow. This is a brutal qualifier. Lone Stars have perhaps the easiest round 1 matchup - and thus I give them the slight nod...but Death is Forever and 1.BBC Zufbar tangle in the first round and both are excellent teams that will challenge the Lone Stars. In addition, Boys in the Hoods and Finstercoven Bears are both quality teams - one of them will reach the finals and will not be a pushover. An excellent qualifier to keep an eye on.

11. Helena High (Skaven - BooAhl)
- Tough decision here. I think Die Harder! wins against Brainsaw's team due to Brainsaw lacking tackle. Then Synn will face Die Harder! and his lack of sure hands could be the tipping point that puts Die Harder! into the finals...against Helena High most likely (if they get past the nurgle). BooAhl is an excellent coach that has beaten me twice in the past. While Meanandugl (the coach of Die Harder!) is less experienced and whom I have never played. Tempted to take a flyer and go with Meanandugl's team - but going with the safer bet on this one.

12. Films I Like (Chaos - Malmir)
- This is home of some of the picker's teams. Coriolanus (coach: C312) is famous for picking without shame to pimp up a Dark Elf team. Famous Vegetarians (coach: Pirigin) is another pimped out Dark Elf team...however, in tournaments these pimped teams often falter due to being built to face other elf teams. The guess is a more well rounded team and coach takes this qualifier.

13. Circus Stromboli (CD - vaclav)
- An easy choice. They face vampires first round, a team they should be able to defeat second round - and then will get a test in the finals against a solid orc team (green_targets or Legion of Orgrimmar). They should win against the orcs - although if Suddenly you feel discouraged (Chaos) face them - could be a bloody final that goes either way. Anyway - vaclav's team is prohibitive favorites here for sure.

14. Mithril Diablos (CD - Nekross)
- I am certainly not confident of this pick. Hard to vote against BlueDevil420 - but I think his matchups are too tough. Also, the winner of Crucifictorious vs Nurkulan Mukulat first round matchup could easily be considered the favorite here.

15. Nandorins (High Elves - KFoged)
- Nice slann (Fellowship of the Anurans) team and mammoth strength khemri (Cryptic Apocalypse) team battle it out in the top of the bracket - while Punish the Monkey and Nandorins battle it out in the bottom half. Any of the four teams could win it - but going to toss my hat in with the High Elves in this one.

16. Dirty Little Dinos (Lizardmen - Ulrik)
- Dirty Little Dinos (Ulrik) are in a horrible matchup against Uisghe Beatha Nosferatu (Nekran) - a vampire team led by a ST 6 stat freak. Lannisters of Casterly Rock (Tauro) face off against Popes of Mope (Dolls). Going to be some excellent games - but Popes of Mope got a bad draw here - they are going out first round. Lizards are going to sneak past the vampires and...yeah...they will go all the way I think. Four quality teams that I could see winning it, but I think the lizards win another qualifier.
Bullroarer4

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2013 - 04:16 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote=

Quali 7 Final: Vanilla Guard vs Shrieking Bloodstorm

Elves to elf stuff and jump past the Lizards into the main draw

[/quote]

i might have to disagree on this one. foul happy Khemri will definitely punish the extra niggles on those sauri. the human and orc teams seem to still lack a bit of developement, and the two dark elf teams seemed poised to trash each other. my favorite behind my own goddessess would be the gravelords, IF their luck holds(i think i am favored against the gravelords, with all that value in that monster mummy).

final prediction: Ah! My Goddesses vs Kovien Kammopoikien Muumiot