19 coaches online • Server time: 07:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
More stunty teams?
Hell yeah!
50%
 50%  [ 11 ]
Duh. What are we waiting for?
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Indubitably.
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Of course, it's a no-brainer.
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
No (but I suck so dont' listen to me)
36%
 36%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 22

chimp2010

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2014 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

baelnic wrote:
Maybe it's time for SPLAT Season 3 Razz

I usually wait until after the first rounds of a Major so we can try to pick up all the people that created new teams (to give those teams purpose) but it's been a while since the last tourney. I guess I'll think about next season soonish.

Also I'd rather see a couple teams "fixed" first starting with Squig Herders and Snotlings. Maybe 2 updated 1 new in a cycle for a little bit.

DO EET! DO EEEEET!
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2014 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I really enjoyed the SLAM as well. One of my favorite teams developed at of that random rookie team format. It was a great excuse to make rookie teams (particularly one I wouldn't have made otherwise) and get some matches in.

On the new team front (aside from all of the tourney and meta-group options available for increasing activity), I think there is real value to rolling out two new teams at the same time so that, in addition to the hype surrounding a new team, there are choices for people to try either or both rather than just a single new team. It would exponentiate the activity over 'just' a single new team.

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2014 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Nerf the uber-popular bash teams. Yes I realize (or so I hear) that bashing the opponent to pieces is stunty's legacy. Come here and kill people. Smash and bash. Well yippee... coaches can and will do that in the box 7 days a week. So what's different?

There are plenty of insane rosters in stunty, and I would welcome more. But they are not the best rosters or the most played rosters (although horrors do seem to get a lot of play...) IMO they should be. Make the craziest teams the best teams. Enough with the ST4 claw MB tackle yaddah yaddah players running everything. Those player types swarm the box, but don't let them swarm stunty. If most of your legends are straight up bashers, then your division is not setting itself apart enough.

I am rambling. Basically just make the weird teams more viable by making them better. Fae, horrors, and snotlings would be hilarious front runners and set stunty apart big time. But squigs and chaos flings run this place from what I can see. They can develop bashers faster than you can re-develop your unique players that they killed. So you get a similar frustration that you get in the box. Next thing you know you're ticked off and making a squig team or stopping play altogether.

_The opinion of one grumpy old man
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2014 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Please stop pushing for new teams. They will come when they come. I want to revise the current teams very slightly before another one comes out. I won't simply rush out new teams.

More SPLAT sounds great!

C'Flings are annoying, yes. Not sure why people moan about Squig Herders so much, they are so unreliable.

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2014 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I have no issue with squigs, especially ones who roll 1s. I don't really have an issue with c'flings either. With stunty you just have to accept that any match could mean death to your legend.
Naru1981

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2014 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Whatball. You say about new teams. Can someone on here not help with all that?
we have all the posts screaming for new teams etc.
Only reason I ask is this.
Recent forum post and blog for testers arose after a few people asked how they can help and could they also be a tester.
Could the same thing not apply with helping get some new rosters sorted?

Personnally, even though it would be great to see new teams, I think there are enough teams to choose from. Only thing I would really like to see is a passing fling team. i.e thrower with no stunty etc.

I think that would attract so may more coaches who prefer to pass instead of bash.

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2014 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Stanley wrote:
Whatball. You say about new teams. Can someone on here not help with all that?
we have all the posts screaming for new teams etc.
Only reason I ask is this.

Need an admin, I believe and the list is fairly short.
Beerox

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2014 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

luckyjim12 wrote:
I have no issue with squigs, especially ones who roll 1s. I don't really have an issue with c'flings either. With stunty you just have to accept that any match could mean death to your legend.

Legends? The legends are almost exclusively bashers. Look at the top 25 list.

So... I have no problem with dead legends. Wink
Naru1981

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2014 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Wasn't shadow the admin?

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2014 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Dudes, enough already, give it a rest. You aren't helping. If anything, you're annoying the current head of Stunty, which isn't a good thing.

There's a whole bunch of considerations you have absolutely no idea about. It will happen when it happens.

Finish with these pushy topics. The most you'll achieve is drive away those that do contribute to these projects.
 Jump to: