28 coaches online • Server time: 08:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Blackbox Teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2014 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
Craftnburn wrote:
Eshin were overpowered once... (although they were always dull)

And then came the Forrest gobbos who manage to out stab the assassins.

For another historical perspective, cflings used to have access to trolls. It was changed to only minos as a nerf so the minos and saws would have to share their blitz. Changing WA to either BH or RS would be a huge buff to coaches who know what they are doing.

__Synn

Hmmmmmmm, well the Spawn doesn't have to have tents, I think. That is very nurgle.

What if.....it didn't have MB, but had claws (and RS). In this case, you would mostly choose the saw for blitzing unless it was a heavily armoured opponent where you could choose the spawn.

However giving the HC stab, means you'd blitz even less with the big guy. He also should lose frenzy.

However at some point, I'd like to see big guys added that split WA/Frenzy. This combos got a big boring.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2014 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
And then came the Forrest gobbos who manage to out stab the assassins.
Yes, back then the Stikkas were basically just MB-Light (Stakes, not Stab).

Beerox wrote:
I believe the change from WA to RS/BH is so Brownies etc have some chance to escape the tentacles. Direct your frenzy well and you can herd a large amount of ST1 players all half long. It's like fish in a barrel, and the fish can't get out.
How does this happen on a team with Hypnotic Gaze? Sacrifice a Pixie and free half your team!
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2014 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree bonehead (or probably even RS) is a buff on the chaos spawn. You know they're going to get tentacles, and you know they're going to tie up opposing players. Well, you're better off if they can't do that on a 2+ every time.

I mean, are chaos halflings overpowered? I love playing chaos halflings. I tear those guys apart. I worry a little about the spawn killing my kroxigors early, but if they don't, by the end of the game it's just the spawn + two or three beleaguered halflings. I don't think of them as a strong team.

I don't think weakening the squigs is the way to go for herders, though I do think something needs to be done to them. As Azure and others have said, the squigs are already way too dicey. And I like pro on the hoppers too. Maybe remove VLL on both kinds of squigs? They have stubby little legs! (And it would be nice to keep them from leaping basically at will.) Another thing, though this may be too much, would be to drop the AV on the herders. I don't play a lot of squig teams -- they just don't show in the gamefinder a lot -- but I just played one, and it struck me how damn durable 6/2/3/7 is in this environment.

As for the Eshin, do what you like. Right now, they've got no reason to exist in a world where skinks are a thing (and skinks aren't even that popular!) I don't think the measures you're talking about will make them competitive or interesting, but I guess they're a start.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2014 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
garyt1 wrote:
I think the nerfs for both flings and squig teams are too much.
Adding loner to squigs and removing pro from riders too is massive. They go from sometimes unreliable to poor. I would say loner to the normal squigs is ok and will lose enough matches itself. The idea is supposed to be small tweaks.
I haven't used flings but it seems like a few too many adjustments. One tweak down to both should help.

I understand your concerns, but Squigs right now are one of the two best teams in the Leeg, and they are simply not supposed to be. They are a group of crazy mushroom eating night Goblins who ride and herd vicious animals. They are supposed to be chaotic and all over the place. I've played them a lot, and they don't feel that way.

You might try just making one of these changes to see if it has the desired effect. Remember neither riders or normal squigs gets general skills on normal rolls so it is only when you get some doubles that they really hit hard. Loner on the squigs will mean a lot more fails and bloodlusts while pro removal on the riders will also mean a lot less great plays made and just a lot of frustration.
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2014 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

And when are we going to get some buffs for pygmies around here, eh?
Beerox

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2014 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
How does this happen on a team with Hypnotic Gaze?

Roll a 3. Smile
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2014 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Beerox wrote:
Roll a 3. Smile
For an entire half? Confused
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2014 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Love the loner squig suggestion.

I think WA -> bonehead is a serious buff, and WA -> really stupid a minor (but good) nerf
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2014 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Just give the Spawn B&C and be done with it! Wink
Acheron143

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2014 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I do think that the old school style of chaos flings had more balance. the one RS stupid troll and the one Frenzy WA mino. shrugs.

Then again I am all for the headcarver getting some kind of stab.

I felt last time we did a revamp that the cfling team needed only 1 saw and 2 ga accses dudes. but giving us a stab and 2 saw slots will balance it better.

Giving me no WA will make me able to do TTM at a minimum which could be fun. Because right now its a 4+ to beat WA just to throw someone.

Squigs need some kind of drop in skill or talent, right now they are amazing. Basically all the winnning teams have doubles monsters. not sue what kind of edit will change that.

As for eishn. I haven';t seen enough of them to have any real idea.
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2014 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Not a fan of loner squigs, though I don't hate it. Deffo get rid of pro. Starting with that skill is mental.

Oh and whatball about the gnomes - I almost always beat them but never have a team left, maybe it's because I play mostly with eshin mind. But I always get the feeling I am just winning because of my opponents bad play when they are gnomes. And if they played to a higher standard I would have zero chance.

But you may be right, they might be average to good , but they are pure evil for eshin imo.

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2014 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Problem is, currently almost everything is pure evil for Eshin. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2014 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Naa I think eshin are good my team is doing better than I thought, turns out I haven't lost to gnomes, just squigs twice and squigs are totally broken atm. https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=745993
Their only problem is if they lose the assassin they are screwed 2 assassins ftw then leave everything av6 Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2014 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

2 Assasins? Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Beerox

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2014 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
Beerox wrote:
Roll a 3. Smile
For an entire half? Confused

I can only answer this with a completely made up statistic.

Report from a source with knowledge of the situation:

A recent poll of Chaos Spawns indicated that 92% of them enjoy being marked by ST1 MA8 players who have a 50% chance of doing so for no effective purpose.
 Jump to: