16 coaches online • Server time: 06:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Duder

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2014 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I had an idea for a Squig nerf to keep them wild without a third negatrait. What about taking away gen access to the squigs on doubles?
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2014 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
Synn wrote:
Squigs should go to 0-2...

Then give them the massive ball and chain squig (you know what I am talking about).

__Synn
I disagree, I love the wild Squig, but 0-2 doesn't sound much like a "herd"...

WhatBall wrote:
Thinking on it, BL + B&C would be a great combo, trying to get the player to end their turn near a thrall.
I don't know what the new client would do, but interestingly enough the old client would allow you to move the B&C player according to normal movement rules if they failed their Bloodlust... So it was even more a reasonable idea than one might otherwise think.

it doesnt work like that, it is bug central I have tested.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2014 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

this is just my opinion, but maybe Pro-Halflings should be part of this minor revamp. They suffer bad for the lack of G access in the team, they are squishy and got almost no bashing power nor chances to stay on the pitch. So I'd suggest 2 options:

1 - giving someone G access
or
2 - Allowing another treeman in the roster (this would boast the TV in the team without considerable benefits in defense/offense game, so I'd stick with the G access proposal)
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2014 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro flings are doing pretty well aren't they? And playing exactly how we hoped. Possibly you need to adapt your play to suit the team maybe?

Duder's idea is interesting, it's a concept (removal of some access) that I'd like to (and have been) experiment with on other rosters.
Crook666

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2014 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess I've played enough stunty to know that 90% is about bashing or be bashed, and there's only one thing that can grant you a good result when you play a squishy non-basher team: speed... which pro-halflings lack as well.

Anyway, that was just an idea. Maybe I'll adapt my play Smile
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2014 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

another treeman wouldnt hurt tbh. they are pretty useless at the moment I found (the treemen themselves I mean, the team overall is pretty good). Though 2 treemen might be a pretty huge buff. I think just getting the hotpot working properly would be a big help. Then see how they do after that, at the moment the Hot Pot sucks.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2014 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Crook666 wrote:
I guess I've played enough stunty to know that 90% is about bashing or be bashed, and there's only one thing that can grant you a good result when you play a squishy non-basher team: speed... which pro-halflings lack as well.

Anyway, that was just an idea. Maybe I'll adapt my play Smile

Well I'm not getting at your style or anything but all your teams have a similar theme; a killer big type guy or 2, which your play generally revolves around.

With pro flings you aren't going to get that, so the play for you is going to be very alien.

A lot of teams aren't about bashing or be bashed. Look at my pygmies for example.

Games Played: 101 (46/26/29) | TD Diff: 17 (110 - 93) | Cas Diff: -88 (242/75/32 - 313/95/29)

Clearly, their game isn't about bash or be bashed on a large % of their games. Don't get me wrong, it's a viable tactic, but not the be all or end all of Stunty play.
Azure

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2014 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Squig Herders

The real issue here is that the hoppers are too good of killers. The squigs themselves are tough to use with the multiple negative traits and no G access. So it ends up being the hoppers that are the real killers in most games. The hoppers can score - so they can skill up fast and just need one double for Block...or two doubles for Block/tackle and they can become reliable killing machines.

So - my suggestion would be to change it slightly:

Fluff: The Squig Hoppers have to use the slightly less aggressive - more responsive squigs to ride on.

Changes:
Squig Hoppers: - Claw, - Strength Access, +AV, +Two Heads, + Very Long Legs

Result: Without claw or Strength access - They are going to be extremely difficult to build into killers. Doubles are going to go for Block and then probably a toss up between Sure Hands/Tackle. Having block/mb is still very good at taking out stunty players - but not nearly the same threat to opposing big guys. Now the Hoppers are going to much more of ballcarrier positionals. The +AV brings them inline with the Squigs and the two heads to bring inline with spider riders, the VLL inline with squigs.

Without the hoppers to be blitzing opposing big guys - you have to rely on the squigs to kill stuff...and there you have 2 negative traits plus the lack of general access.

Whatball mentioned his game against Lorebass's Squigs - this game

Well...looking at the game, the squig hoppers caused 3 CAS, a herder caused 1 CAS, then 2 more CAS via fouling. The squigs? they inflicted no CAS all game.

So, why all the hate for the squigs?
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2014 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I really think just the removal of Pro would suffice, it just makes them even more dangerous with their 3 dice blocks getting RR'd 50% of the time when they are unlucky enough not to knock someone down firt time. Also Pro negates their negatrait. It should be a skilled gained, not a starter skill.

That should be enough.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2014 - 07:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd far rather see Squigs and Hoppers completely lose G access rather than the loss of Pro for the Hoppers.

There are enough squigs out there rolling doubles to get Blackle and PO to make the team ridiculously unbalanced. Pro on the Hoppers isn't what's breaking the team.

Dump G access for Squigs and Hoppers (first) and increase the cost of RRs (second) and see if that doesn't drop the team into the mid-ranks.

As a Herder player, I'd play the team even with that (those) nerf(s).

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2014 - 08:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Good, the point isn't to make the roster unplayable, its to nerf it a little.

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2014 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

***ROSTER UPDATE - SQUIGS***

Ok, after reading through the Squig debate, and having a good long talk with Azure about this via PM, some tweaks have been made to the Squig team to try and make them more interesting and a bit less dominant. You may or may not like it, but give it a try and see how it works out first.

Squig Hopper
The main change is to the Squig Hopper. The idea is to make the Hopper more of a ball carrier, its intended role, and less of a dual-use player with huge blitzing/killing ability. The fluff is that these Squigs are more "tame" (for a Squig) and less aggression allows them to be ridden easier. They are more agile at getting about, but will be far less effective hitters.

New Stat line:
Squig Hopper 6 4 3 8 - Blood Lust, Leap, Sprint, Pro, Juggernaut, Two Heads, Very Long Legs - A

Gain: Juggernaut, Two Heads, Very Long Legs, +AV
Lose: Claw, Mighty Blow, S access
Cost: unchanged as the skill costs balance

Squigs
The Squigs will all be given Juggernaut and a 5gp increase. Jugger is fitting for the Squigs, but only being available on the blitz, it is a bit of hike in overall TV with all of them having it, including the Hoppers.

/flame retardant undies pulled up to wedgifyâ„¢.

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2014 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

And? Anyone care to share their experiences?

The lack of wedgies is disturbing.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2014 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

They're a bit like Cyanide Khorne. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. You aren't going to please everyone.
Roland

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2014 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

ooh, missed this one.
looks like a good update.
 Jump to: