43 coaches online • Server time: 15:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Pact/Renegades meta
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Malmir

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2014 - 07:10 Reply with quote Back to top

He doesn't need a team - he's got chaos who are very nicely developed.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2014 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I helped him with that. 0-4 loss. He even beat the Monsters in passing yards. Damn sun!!

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2014 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Buccaneers blow into the Ulthuan Invitational on a 9 game lossing skid. Team is totally discombobulated and the fans are not giving them a snow balls chance in hell to make it out of the first round.

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2014 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Milfords Ulthuan Invitational Pick the winner competition

Ok FUMBBL fans it is time once again to challenge Milford and attempt once again, although futile, to prove you know more than Milford.

Rules of the UI pick the winner game

*Pick the winner of the 16 brackets: 8 light Qualifiers and 8 Dark Qualifiers.

*Of your 16 winners you are then allowed to pick 4 of those teams as your pick to win the Ulthuan Invitational.

So in summary: You will make your 16 qualifier picks and then from your field of 16 picks you will choose 4 of those teams as your pick to win the UI.

Scoring

*Each qualifier winning team gets 1pt

*Any of your 4 main draw picks loses in the semi final you get 2pts.

*Any of your 4 main draw picks loses in the finals you get 3pts

*Any of your 4 main draw picks WINS the UI you get 5pts.

So your max score for the UI challenge can be 28 pts. 16 for qualifier, 2 of your 4 main draw picks lose in the Semis (4 pts) and you have the loser of the finals (3 pts) and the winner of the finals (5 pts) all picked.

Get your picks made and see if you can humble Milford and prove you are a elite level handicapper, like Milford, of Blood Bowl matches.

Last edited by PainState on %b %11, %2014 - %17:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2014 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Ulthuan Invitational Pick the Winner Entry Card

** Copy this thread, enter your picks and off you go **

Light Side Qualifiers

Light Lanter

Winner:

Jade Lantern

Winner:

Grey Lantern

Winner:

Golden Lantern

Winner:

Celestial Lantern

Winner:

Bright Lantern

Winner:

Amethyst Lantern

Winner:

Amber Lantern

Winner:

Dark Side Qualifiers

Steel Lantern

Winner:

Obsidian lantern

Winner:

Crimson Lantern

Winner:

Copper Lantern

Winner:

Bronze Lantern

Winner:

Brass Lantern

Winner:

Ash Lantern

Winner:

Alabastor Lantern

Winner:

Pick 4 main draw teams from your 16 winners to win the Ulthuan Invitational

Team #1:

Team #2:

Team #3:

Team #4:

Scoring

1Pt for each qualifier winner pick
2Pt for any team of your 4 main draw picks that loses in the semi final
3Pt for any team of your 4 main draw picks that loses in the finals
5Pt for any team of your 4 main draw picks that WINS the UI X.

Note: IF your picks in qualifing are so putrid, so lame that you do not get 4 of them right. Well you did not qualify when it comes to picking matches and must go with the teams you did pick right for the Main Draw. So you could have 1-3 picks for the second phase of the UI Challenge.

You do not get to pick any other teams to get your total up to 4. Obviously if you pick NO teams right in qualifier you are out of the competition and need to re focus your talent and mental energy back into your ditch digging job or your basket weaving side bussines.

Ok I feel some of you need some tactical insight on this challenge.

The first step is easy. Pick the 16 winners.

The second phase is a little harder though.

Since you are going under the assumption your 16 qualifier picks will be right you then need to pick the best 4 of those 16 teams for the main draw.

Now lets say you are not so confident about your 16 picks.

Then for your main draw picks you should focus on who you think are the best 4 teams in the UI and roll the dice. Pick them to each win their qualfifier and go at it that way.

OR

Throw darts at a board and pick the winners that way and hope it all comes up good.

Picking the 4 main draw teams is going to be tough because it rewards coaches who picked correctly in the qualifier round.

Last edited by PainState on %b %11, %2014 - %17:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2014 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Buccaneers blow into the Ulthuan Invitational on a 9 game lossing skid. Team is totally discombobulated and the fans are not giving them a snow balls chance in hell to make it out of the first round.

You gave a catcher Juggernaut. Fire the coach!

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2014 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
PainState wrote:

You gave a catcher Juggernaut. Fire the coach!

The jury is still out. That guy is a long term 76SPP prospect.

The plan is simple. Jug/Frenzy/Daunt/Sure Feet and Sprint.

Get grab on a blitzer or Ogre. So the catcher can frenzy blitz OTS. Due to the fact that humans have AG3 the odds of blitzing through for a score is slighty better than dodging or leaping in on a AG3.

As I said it is a long term project player. We will see how it plays out.

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2014 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

After losing a killer pestigor in the first game after the UI was announced, A Well-Read Pestilence is back up to fighting weight. The beast is surprisingly reliable, the warriors all have Block, and the pestigors are doing their best imitations of elves. Let's do this.
chimp2010

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2014 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

The Drenai Rats are in and hoping to survive a few warmup games :S
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2014 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

RobRoyDuncan wrote:
After losing a killer pestigor in the first game after the UI was announced, A Well-Read Pestilence is back up to fighting weight. The beast is surprisingly reliable, the warriors all have Block, and the pestigors are doing their best imitations of elves. Let's do this.

Wow those are cute pests. 4 x dodge, 3 of whom have AG4. You should really get kafka wrestle and hope for leap, should be fun, though keats dodging on AG5 with wrackle already does the sacking trick pretty well

Of course not having a killer pest is tough, for TV 2200 your nurgles are quite underbashing atm. Very cool flexible positioning-limiting though. Will keep an eye on them.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2014 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

After half a year of inactivity, Oreneta Africana decided that their home tournament is pansy enough for then and will offer their fans a good display of elfbowling.

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2014 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

chimp2010 wrote:
The Drenai Rats are in and hoping to survive a few warmup games :S

I see these warm up games are going a little sideways Laughing

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2014 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

My vamps http://www.fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=662538 are once again submited to a tourney. Was planning on bringing slann but a bunch of gobbos turned into psycho killerz and excecuted the team.
They hope to hypno gaze and regenerate their way through the Dark QF.

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2014 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Signed in with the Titchy Tigers to bring in some weight within their arguments ...
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2014 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
the_Sage wrote:
I'd love to bring my Scale Models to the noclawbutsnowtrolls party, but they're stuck in the XFL against a noshow opponent. Malodorous Malefactors just lost their only clawpomber, so they're not exactly in majors condition, so I think I might bring my Skaven to the dark side, though I should probably try and get 1 more TD on that 28 SPP stormvermin first (and of course see my team implode while trying). An outside option would be to boost the TV of my Normal Lizards and bring them.

I'm pretty sure Royal Cookie Crumble will be available in time.

I'm surprised you don't know that... or maybe you are bluffing.

Went with the normal lizards. Added block to the krox, sure hands to the skink, a reroll and 2 rookie skinks. 1890 should get me in. I just love lizards too much not to give them a shot at the majors they're best suited for.
 Jump to: