46 coaches online • Server time: 15:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Record the length of...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:
I have an UW Troll that has Claw and Block and I'll give him Guard, Stand Firm and Tentacles before I even consider PO. But the fun thing about UW is, there are a lot of options and not really the one cookie cutter build.

Well, you don't NEED to pile on. If you have tentacles where you need them, don't use it. (hell, don't even block, then). Being able to kill when needed is valuable though. It also makes him skill faster.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

+MA stormvermin are nice, but preferably late.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah i see it as the sorta stat you'd take once he's already got a few skills under his belt. It's a kind of Win more skill. It's not going to turn negatives into a positive but more a skill/stat you take to increase his already established effectiveness.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

noobie2k7 wrote:
It's not a double so can't get dodge or jump up. i rolled a 6+4 not a double 5.

So it;s either +MA or MB. Both will help him skill quicker, +MA with easier 2TTD's and MB with getting CAS. I don't wanna pass up the opportunity to get a stat but also don't wanna put myself further away from CLPOMB.

I was answering a different question 1st Smile
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
Verminardo wrote:
I have an UW Troll that has Claw and Block and I'll give him Guard, Stand Firm and Tentacles before I even consider PO. But the fun thing about UW is, there are a lot of options and not really the one cookie cutter build.

Well, you don't NEED to pile on. If you have tentacles where you need them, don't use it. (hell, don't even block, then). Being able to kill when needed is valuable though. It also makes him skill faster.
My luck is i'll pile on once and he'll just lounge about on the ground the rest of the drive. Had terrible luck with a PO Ogre i piled on turn one to score a Cas on an opposing Troll and then he bone headed the rest of the drive. I figure when he went down he uncovered something really interesting in the dirt and spent the rest of the half playing with it.
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

i'll take the next answer. MB or +MA for my Stormvermin. He also has 11 SPP as he got MVP the same game. So if i take +MA chances are i can score 2 TD's with him in my next game and get another skill up anyway.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Nevermind. My game crashed Sad And didn't save pre match so gotta play the match before again. >.< So i guess i shall hope for a better skill up this time lol.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

The Underworld Blitzer is probably one of the best 3 players in the entire game. He's the only player in bloodbowl who starts with block and can take the killstack on singles. I would hesitate to take any doubles or +MA on one early, lest I delay the clawpomb.

I never had a lot of fun with Underworld. The gratuitous clawpomb kind of detracted from the stunty fun factor, and obviously the team isn't all that competitive in the mid-higher tv range.
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

well i have my 2 MB Stormvermin now. Just gotta skill up my throwers a bit to get them both block.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's the main issue with underworld or really any stunty team. You will likely be perfectly fine and competitive until you run into a guy with tackle/mighty blow who understands how to get 3 dice on a goblin. At that point, there really isn't a whole heck of a lot you can do to stop the crazy attrition rate of stunties who get knocked over with mighty blow. Guys like Kam and Zed manage a reasonable win ratio with stunties through (justifiable) picking, mainly avoiding tackle+mighty blow.

If you do avoid tackle+mighty blow while building the team optimally, you end up with 2 clawpombers who won't play other teams with decent bash, and people will justifiably not want to play against you. The end result is the only games you will play are against young coaches who don't understand 3D blocking or the power of clawpomb, and you will romp them.

My biggest issue with Underworld is the lack of decent matches. You're either playing with both hands tied behind your back, or you're hard picking newbies who don't understand how to beat stunty teams. Neither of those scenarios appeals to me, which is a shame, because I like the roster.
licker

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Play Box then.
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Rat_Salat wrote:
Here's the main issue with underworld or really any stunty team. You will likely be perfectly fine and competitive until you run into a guy with tackle/mighty blow who understands how to get 3 dice on a goblin. At that point, there really isn't a whole heck of a lot you can do to stop the crazy attrition rate of stunties who get knocked over with mighty blow. Guys like Kam and Zed manage a reasonable win ratio with stunties through (justifiable) picking, mainly avoiding tackle+mighty blow.

Really? Have you actually played Underworld in the Box? Look at it another way...your goblins are expendable fodder. If my opponent is 3d blitzing mah gobs like crazy, we are both happy! He's killing my fodder, of which I can hire another 5 next match, and I'm clawbombing him in return.

The only difference between a goblin and a chaos warrior is that I get 2d to your 3d (and probably 2d with frenzy), and the goblin has stunty. Oh, and about 200 TV. If you concentrate on blitzing a goblin every turn, and I concentrate on clawbombing a valuable player, I bet I take out more TV than you by the end of the half.

To me, the biggest problem is that Underworld are insanely ridiculously vulnerable to the coin flip against a bash team. If you start by clawing 4 of his players and THEN go to the goblin/CW trade, you'll probably win and smash him. If he starts by taking out your LOS of goblins, you've only got 3 more left as fodder before he starts on the actually important players.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

just had a really attritiony game against Chaos. Ended up winning it 2-1 with a TD turn 20 of overtime and up till turn 19 it really could have gone either way.

If i hadn't managed to take out his Minotaur with my troll and if i didn't have Morg n' Thorg from inducements i'd have lost no doubt about it.

He had about 5 of my 7 gobbos out of action and 1 linerat by the end of the first half and all i'd managed was removing 2 Beastmen, his Minotaur and his only rookie chaos warrior.

By the end of turn 16 and beginning of overtime i'd lost a thrower and another goblin leaving me with 1 gobbo, 1 thrower, 1 linerat, both Stormvermin and my 2 big guys, (7 players) he had all 11 on field from subs, 3 warriors and 8 beastmen.

Was not looking good but i managed to get the ball free with lucky dodges and a pick up with my thrower and hand off to a linerat for the winning TD.
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Finished a game vs Khorne where i won 3-0. . .it was an absolute massacre. I caused a total of 9 cas, 7 KO's, total of 37SPP earned that game. It was amazing.

Now have my 2 CLMB stormvermin a wrestle linerat, 2 two-headed gobbos and a Str 4 thrower.
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Hitonagashi wrote:
Really? Have you actually played Underworld in the Box? Look at it another way...your goblins are expendable fodder. If my opponent is 3d blitzing mah gobs like crazy, we are both happy! He's killing my fodder, of which I can hire another 5 next match, and I'm clawbombing him in return.

Hintognashi, you're a much better player than I am. Maybe you can survive with a stunty team in blackbox, but I'm willing to bet that neither I, nor the OP will be able to manage it.
 Jump to: