32 coaches online • Server time: 00:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2014 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Lovely looking league page painstate. You might want to lose the games workshop lieche priest from the front page though, ya could get the site in trouble. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that image is from the last tomb kings wfb book.

Last edited by Garion on %b %09, %2014 - %21:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2014 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
SzieberthAdam wrote:
[L]eague is the new [U]nranked. I don't think we need two of them.

Naaa, league is really fir that, leagues. If there was a ranked division fir competitive play and an unranked one where people could just get quick games with no effect on cr or win percentage. A division that is specifically about fun, learning the game, trying out silly builds and so on and so on

I would have league teams moved to unranked and roll them all together into one.

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2014 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Garion wrote:
SzieberthAdam wrote:

Naaa, league is really fir that, leagues. If there was a ranked division fir competitive play and an unranked one where people could just get quick games with no effect on cr or win percentage. A division that is specifically about fun, learning the game, trying out silly builds and so on and so on

I would have league teams moved to unranked and roll them all together into one.

Maybe, though it might muddy what unranked is primarily for .

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2014 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Well leagues are hella fun. It would be the fun division primarily.

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2014 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, why should the other divisions be fun anyway? Smile

(totally agree, League is where it's at)

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2014 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
JimmyFantastic wrote:
Garion wrote:
SzieberthAdam wrote:

Maybe, though it might muddy what unranked is primarily for .

Do you mean sitting empty?

Having a separate [U] and [L] would be even more silly than maintaining a separate [R] and [B ] Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
licker wrote:
JimmyFantastic wrote:

It's why Orcs and Dwarves dominated LRB4 and why Clawpomb dominates now.

It's not that people are tired of seeing the same kind of team over and over, the same boring game play over and over.
Besides it's been established that the biggest pixel huggers are the cpomb spammers.

Yes, that's what I said.

Obviously the desire to keep their team alive is why most people use Chaos.
This results in people playing mostly vs Chaos.

It's just the same as LRB4 and it ain't ever gonna change cos what most people want from online matchmaking is just survival.

Then the people who play Chaos are stupid. There's simply no other alternative word to use.

As to whether it will change or not...

It won't of course if no one tries to change it. I understand you don't care for it to change, but frankly, the change I propose doesn't really affect you or the rest of the cpomb spammers. Probably should make you happy actually, as your ability to pixel hug just gets easier.

This whole unranked thing sounds like something I've proposed before, except it would have actually replaced R like a body snatcher (only those who know would have known).

People didn't seem to like my proposals back then, but who knows, maybe Garion has a better PR department than I do Smile
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 02:23 Reply with quote Back to top

There already was an Unranked division. It added nothing that L doesn't. I was one of the few players playing there consistently, and this was during a time that the site was much healthier.

If it doesn't add anything over league, then there is no point. I play rarely now, but if I do, I prefer to look for a game in League, and there's very little on offer and even less quality match ups.

I think the site would be better with just 2 divisions right now (I don't care what they're called). Box/Ranked mix and League/Unranked mix. Bringing in new punters is pretty vital in my opinion, ideas and solutions to do this are very important.

How about established leagues try adding a '145' division? I have done this in the past (with mixed success, but a lot of interest). Meta groups, Khemri premier league, halfling super cups etc off a division just for bonafide paid up members of the 145 club. Also this will be advertising the 145 club as well, so it's a win win situation for getting new coaches in the right place, playing games in the right way.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Re-naming Ranked to Unranked will help Blackbox how? Confused

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Razz

the problem with any of these ideas is, different people already play in different ways. I play for fun already without a care for my CR etc... other people play to pimp teams for majors, others just like killing stuff, others chase CR and win percentage i would guess, others like grid filling.

I think the beauty of the site is you can get out of it what you want, and is box even doing that badly, is a change needed? Im not sure.

Finally there is a silent majority on this site that dont even use the forums so who knows what they think.

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 11:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't like box because of low tv Chaos Dwarves/Pact, Amazon lowbie hunting, and other min/max stupidity. Unfortunately the ruleset is too broken for me to enjoy truly random matchmaking. Box also strongly encourages me to play bash teams and clawpomb. Since I don't enjoy those teams as much, ranked suits me better.

I don't have any constructive suggestions on how to fix it, nor do I really think it needs to be fixed. There is a healthy community of box people that seem to enjoy the nuances of playing "over there", and I don't want to wreck their fun. I'll just be over in Ranked playing elfball.

Last edited by Rat_Salat on %b %10, %2014 - %11:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Dude, jeez... You don't have to point out how useless this thread is. Some people are trying to enjoy this Sad

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Rat_Salat wrote:
I don't like box because of low tv Chaos Dwarves/Pact, Amazon lowbie hunting, and other min/max stupidity.

The new box appears to have fixed this problem, no one ever plays zons any more it seems. lowbie hunting as you call it is all but gone. These teams are now forced to play teams that are far higher TV than they are using the new formula. Which is a great thing Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe I'm ignorant. Didn't even realize box was changed.
 Jump to: