23 coaches online • Server time: 01:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TenaciousPiggy

Post   Posted: May 07, 2014 - 02:20 Reply with quote Back to top

UMass Amhurts Minutemen(TenaciousPiggy) vs Penn State Naughty Lions (WoodPusher) at 8 PM EST tomorrow (Wednesday) night. The real test is whether my ogre decides to bonehead my way out of the game.
Kalessin

Post   Posted: May 07, 2014 - 02:25 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
Matches to Watch, Weeks 1-3

SCC
Round 2: ITBA Tinkerers vs UNS Feathers, UB Powermongers vs UNLZ Communicators

I have a guess that Powermongers and Communicators will enjoy a colorfoul rivalry in the seasons to come.

Power's a great coach to meet in the field. He always reminds you of the importance of weighting every move.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: May 07, 2014 - 02:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Smile Awesome. Piggy vs. Pusher could be another, two Human coaches with heavy builds.

Post   Posted: May 08, 2014 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, ULL are off to a shocker of a start. Outplayed again.

Well done TenaciousPiggy! One of our Black Orcs died in this one. AV9 was obviously a typo on the equipment managers report. Ah... And Chaos to come... Lovely. Mad

Post   Posted: May 08, 2014 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't worry too much, Poods. They haven't had time to get their can openers together.

Post   Posted: May 08, 2014 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

OH NO! ROOKIE CHAOS!
DrPoods

Post   Posted: May 08, 2014 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Sutherlands wrote:
OH NO! ROOKIE CHAOS!

Lol! Just the strength advantage with equal/better speed concerns me a bit Sutherlands! We will bash away regardless!! Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 08, 2014 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Penn State Naughty Lions 2 vs UMass Amhurts Minutemen 1

The weather is fair, but the crowd is sparse, and visiting UMass has a slight spectator advantage over Penn. Penn coach WoodPusher chooses heads, wins the toss, and elects to receive.

First Half: UMass coach TenaciousPiggy opts for a Ziggurat defense with their Ogre, Sam the Minuteman, on the nose. Penn sets up a "forfeit" line with free players on both 3-columns and only one man in contact, diagonally, with one defender. The kick scatters shallow and south, and the crowd immediately starts chanting and stomping for the defense. WoodPusher opts for a conservative offense, blitzing the line and protecting the north side with only a broken screen. UMass screens up nicely, if a bit on the contact-intensive side, and forces a southbound scrum, pulling off a surf in the process and forcing a premature touchdown for Penn Thrower Devin Lucas on Turn 4.

Penn State's defense is all wide, with no backfielders inside the 3 columns and a 303 line. It looks intriguing but risky, and UMass sets up an interior-oriented offense to account for it. We'll never know how that goes, because as soon as the kick goes off the defenders reshuffle their formation to an asymmetric formation with a southward strength. UMass obligingly dominates the north side and cages up with a clear path to the endzone. They can't hold the edge, though, as Penn Blitzer Hermogenes Hofmann strips the ball, Penn's other Thrower, Atami Jacobs, kills a Blitzer, and Lineman Mani Baines punts the ball deep into Minutemen territory to run the clock out. UMass Lino Leo Krizanovic punts the ball back to midfield, but it isn't really catchable, and there's no time to recover. Still 1-0 Penn.

Second Half: It's 11-on-10. WoodPusher's defense isn't much changed, except that he moves linemen into the 2 columns to shrink that big open broadway. TenaciousPiggy sets up a strong 7-man line, and the crowd cheers loudly when they take the field. The Penn State kicker gives the ball a real boot and it lands in the UMass endzone. For a moment it looks like Penn will pin UMass back, but on turn 3 they break into midfield and on turn 4 Blitzer Josh Bruns has broken away and ties the game up in turn 5, leaving four turns to decide the game. Hofmann pulls a groin muscle trying to stop the breakaway score.

UMass sets up a 3-man interior screen with strong flanks, the same 101 line with the Ogre. Penn sets up their offense similarly to turn 1, but sans two men. A rock stuns Atami Jacobs, leaving no Sure Hands player in position to get the ball. This prompts a northbound redirect, with Blitzer Eyal Larsson carrying the ball. The defense is tenacious, and the cage is tenuous at best, but Larsson keeps his feet in the face of two 2d blocks, a 4+ and a 3+ dodge, and scores the winning TD in turn 8. The garbage turn nets a kill for Sam the Minuteman, but that's cold comfort for losing such a close game.

Player of the Week: Eyal Larsson. That was pretty awesome.

Post   Posted: May 08, 2014 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Surely JR will do a better job than me, but I wrote a little report about the match between my UNLZ Communicators and Apojar's unlucky ogres.

https://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3563413
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: May 12, 2014 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Week 2

UMass Amhurts Minutemen 1
vs ULL Ragin' Greenskins 0
Both teams come in 0-0-1 with no skills. UMass lost a Blitzer last game, and is fielding a Journeyman. Turnout is light and favors the home team. UMass coach Tenacious Piggy calls (curly) tails, and opts to receive.

First Half: ULL coach DrPoods lines up a classic Ziggurat, with Blitzer wings and safeties. UMass stacks the line with a strong south side and a wide screen, with Lineman Adam Richard cheating north at halfback and Thrower Mark Johnson at fullback. Ball scatters southwards, and a Quick Snap yields a southward drift from the offense. Turns 2 and 3 see ULL cutting off UMass's escape route and ULL Blocker Darien Batiste MNG'ing a UMass Blitzer, but Elijah Wilkinson manages to injure an Orc Lineman, and ULL burns its Apothecary to keep him in the game. The sideline cage holds but the pressure remains fierce, and a Turn 4 handoff sees a TD for UMass Lineman Leo Krizanovic. 1-0 UMass.

The second drive is 11 men on 10 in favor of ULL. UMass sets up an Arrowhead defense with a 101 line, Ogre at noseguard. ULL carrier Hunter Thibodeaux (Blitzer) outruns his protection ever so slightly, and in the resulting scrum UMass Ogre Sam the Minuteman kills a Blocker and Blitzer Sam Zeff Badly Hurts a Lineman on a 1d block (a good drive for guys named Sam). Nobody really gets the ball until turn 8, and even then the UMass desperation long pass, into coverage, to a marked receiver, is just a bridge too far. UMass is leading 1-0 and has more teeth left.

Second Half: UMass sets up pickets at the 4, 2, and 0 columns in the backfield with the same bunched line as last time, Ogre on the nose. ULL spreads their line out, with their remaining blockers lining up on the 1 columns, and Blitzer Quanties Armand back to take the ball. Blocker Marvin Martin gets a Cas on the Minutemen's Journeyman, and again ULL fails to cage after getting the ball to the line. The ball comes loose, and if I had to judge a winner of the scrum I'd say not Krizanovic, who gets Badly Hurt by ULL Blitzer Kevin Forquier. Comedy ensues, nobody scores, and UMass wins 1-0.

Player of the Week: Must I? Okay. Krizanovic. He caught the handoff that won the game.

Last edited by JackassRampant on %b %31, %2014 - %07:%May; edited 1 time in total
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: May 12, 2014 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalessin wrote:
Surely JR will do a better job than me, but I wrote a little report about the match between my UNLZ Communicators and Apojar's unlucky ogres.

https://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3563413
Yours will have to suffice. I can't write nearly as much now as I could a couple years ago, so my enthusiasm has to be tempered by reality. If my brain damage is cooperating and I can't find work to do while the "sun" shines, I'll write up a game or two. Expect 1-2 reports per conference per week, no more. That means don't expect reports on games that aren't close.

Post   Posted: May 13, 2014 - 03:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Any reports are appreciated mate.

Always a good read.

Post   Posted: May 13, 2014 - 03:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Dartmouth Big Green (clemUSA) vs Penn State Naughty Lions (WoodPusher) at 9:30 PM EST tomorrow (Tuesday) night.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: May 13, 2014 - 04:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Humontana vs OSU
Thursday 5/15
8pm/TBD

Post   Posted: May 18, 2014 - 06:28 Reply with quote Back to top

ULL are off to the races beating Arkansas 2-0!

Some simmering tension after that one too!! A classic rivalry in the making.

Jump to: