50 coaches online • Server time: 00:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2014 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the GLT **

FUMBBL fans we are hot and heavy into the qt. finals and man is the GLT getting really good coming down the stretch. So many interesting match ups, the hope and dreams of the Forlorn on the line. The fans are digging it and the party in the row of a 100 Taverns is non stop. Drink, celebrate, pass out, wake up in a hay stack in a dark alley, roll over the wench who is laying next to you, rinse and repeat. The fans do not want it to ever end!!!!

Now before we look ahead lets look back at that first round match that Left My Heart in San Fran pulled off. One of the most epic major matches in a long time. It had it all, CAS, high flying flings, drunk norse linemen salivating at the mouth, berserkers running around with a stein of ale in one hand and a severed head of a fling in the other. Everything you want in every Blood Bowl match.

The match was ebbing and flowing. The fans of San Fran were high at one moment and depressed two turns later. The emotional roller coaster was to much to handle for some fans.

Then it happened, a moment in Blood Bowl history that will live in legend. Spoken in hushed tones in a awe of reverance. A moment of greatness that fans on FUMBBL will be speaking of for years to come.

Truckerpunk "Raising Arizona" took over the match late in the game. He is getting blow up left and right BUT refuses to quit. The heart of a champion, he is bleeding determination out of every pore in his body, he can see paydirt at the end of the field and WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Lays out a -2DB block, gets the ball loose, runs down field. The drunk and crazed norsemen in hot pursuit. They drag him down again. But he refuses to feel the pain, his determination is that great.

The Norse send in the boot in the closing turn to deny the flings the glory of victory. As Truckerpunk is laying prone on the sideline. He can see the Norse berserkers coming for blood. He covers his eyes, dreams of a cream pit and waits for the grinding boot to crack his ribs.

And then it happened. The fans on the sidelines rose up as one, let out a mighty war cry. They pelt the oncoming foul with beer steins, cream pies, hot dogs, a brazzier and a pony keg of fine ale. The Norsemen are totally discombobulated, the foul crunches a padding of hot dog buns and 7 loafs of bread.

Truckerpunk cannot believe it!!! He jumps up and races to the endzone and picks up the ball, raises it over his head in VICTORY!!!!

A trully epic moment in Blood Bowl history my friends. If you did not see it live, well you missed out, if you have not watched the replay, what are you waiting for?

It was trully a epic game with a epic ending. As I celebrated in the "row" with all the fans it was a totaly insane party event. Late in the night Truckerpunk was hoisted on the shoulders of treeman and got a victory lap down the row. The patrons linning the street raised their steins in victory and admiration for this legend.

Here are a few stand out quotes I heard on the street that night.

"Totally epic, the greatest fling of all time."
"Iam still pinching myself trying to figure out if Iam dreaming."
"Was he possesed by Vindaloo, Jill Roberts and Krikack all at the same time? There is no other way to explain it? "
"Hands down one of the best closing turns in Blood Bowl in ages. The grit and determination, intestinal foritude and heoric nature of Truckerpunk should inspire us all."
"Maybe if the Norse were not raging, on the verge of passing out drunk that would have never happened."
"I want cowheads head on a pike and I will plant it in the middle of the row in rage. Those flings are NUFFLE loving luckers. But this match should have never reached that point. COWHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!"

Now lets take a look at the semi in the bottom bracket of the Forlorn.

Gbangoos
VS
NUFFLE Can Suck It

Necro VS Vampire, a shot at greatness is on the line, a shot at becoming the first Forlorn in ages to win a major.

The pressure is on now. Who will come out on top? It should be a very interesting match up. Both sides bring out their legends in this titanic match up.

In the end my Blood Bowl view of the match up is that Gbangoos has the edge in this match up. They start depitching those thrall early and often and then team up on those vamps and send them packing.

My gut tells me that NUFFLE Can Suck It is on a glorious run. Those vamps they got are just down right nasty and will be able to carry the day.

Going with the gut. The Vamps hang on by their fingers in OT and win this one 3-2 and advance to the GLT finals.

Upper bracket is getting set to take over center stage in the next few days. Can the Greek squad find a way? Can they run the gauntlet? Will they crawl out of the top bracket bloodied up but stand tall in a all forlorn finals?

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2014 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Semi-Finals will be on in about 40 minutes. Surprise! Very Happy
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2014 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Provocateur wrote:
Semi-Finals will be on in about 40 minutes. Surprise! Very Happy

YAY!
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2014 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Our game will start whenever Favalessa shows up.... he is scared. Shh...don't tell him I am half in the bag, the refs may not appreciate that!)

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2014 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Nurgz gonna nurg and dog goes woof.

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2014 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Nurgz gonna nurg and dog goes woof.

Word

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2014 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Truth to power?

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2014 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

**GLT Semifinals**

Click on team name to be linked to team's page

Orchi Ma Elfi TV1800k//TW1840k Favalessa
2514 TOP 25 Coach Ranking: 26th...233 pts
2513 TOP 25 Coach Ranking: 37th...377 pts
2514 TOP 25 Team Ranking: 264th...20 pts

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nuffle Can Suck It TV1970k//TW2050k The_Provocateur
2514 TOP 25 Coach Ranking: 120th...54 pts
2513 TOP 25 Coach Ranking: N/A
2514 TOP 25 Team Ranking: 164th...45 pts

Last edited by sonrises on %b %05, %2014 - %10:%Jul; edited 3 times in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2014 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Didn't Gbangoos win that game already?

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2014 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Super Vamps vs Claw?
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2014 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Claw already won that, so the final is Claw V Claw.

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2014 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Makes a change Razz

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2014 - 07:52 Reply with quote Back to top

So the clawpomb proved too much for my lizards. Thanks to everyone who voted for them to enter. I had fun playing them and I hope you enjoyed speccing them.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2014 - 10:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Can Necro do it?

Unforlorn FTW!!

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2014 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

**moved

Last edited by sonrises on %b %02, %2014 - %20:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: