51 coaches online • Server time: 14:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AcheronStyx

Post 8 Posted: Apr 23, 2004 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Someone or something REALLY hates my chaos team. Every single time they crawl back up to 11 players 1 or more of them Die, or get niggling injuries. Anyone here practice anti-curse voo-doo or something like that...i'm starting to get desperate.

It Hurts So Good

Most recent game

Few games before

Few games before that

And it keeps going

What the hell am i supposed to do? Evil or Very Mad
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2004 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Hell, man, you really need an exorcism or something like that... Sad

I heard about "white magic talismans". They could help for sure, but I'm wondering what would the Chaos Gods think of a Chaos Warrior wearing a Holy Amuleth of Sigmar... Very Happy

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2004 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Try sacrificing two halflings to nurfle instead of the required one halfling before each match. What do you mean you don't sacrifice any halflings and your cursed??? oh I see the problem...... Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2004 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I am holding you down, my khemri is sucking up all your luck
CoachBob

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2004 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

In my humblishy funny opinion my son please step outta the dark side and see the light somehow some way.
Lets open on a charity for coach Acheron_Styx and get him atleast alot of flash light for now, should be a good start for now.
Here 2 are from me.
I need to be more like you, take this game lessseriously cause sometime I blow up and bad as MULLY lol, so I think I'll start and coach a chaos team for change Smile
CB
Mully

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2004 - 03:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Styx - if you are serious about keeping the team then you must sacrifice one for the good of the many. Retire the Ogre. He's a great player but he's eating so much TR that you can't find decent games.

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Same thing here.
Neither my league team nor any non-league game I play with friends I have ANY luck what so ever.
Sometimes I think my dice only goes up to 2.
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Boy do I know the feeling. My Amazon team, oh I was so proud of them. They weren't among the top teams on Nuffle by any means, but compared to my other TR 130-ish teams I was quite pleased with these lovely ladies at 185 or so. But then the honeymoon ended, and the pain began. I lost one of my four guarding blitzers, which was an omen to come. Had a series of games where I just couldn't pass or dodge, but at least came out the other side with an mvp and a little cash.

Then it all fell apart. I lost 2 RIP (despite apo) and a niggle, all on some of my best remaining players. Was told I had too many rr's for my tr (had 8 at the time), so removed some of them, too. All told, I lost 50+ TR in a single match. Played a couple makeup games to get the money to return to 11 personnel, then wham! Two more niggles and another RIP, again on the best remaining, another 50+ TR drop. Another couple games where I'd purchase a player and lose a player, and I'm getting really frustrated. About my only ray of hope was my QB and my Str 4 blitzer -av blitzer, the bulwarks of my team. But then in a game against an undermanned team, meant to be a recovery game for him even moreso than me, it happened. My Str 4 blitzer assaulted the wrong ogre, and despite a 2d rr block skulled herself to the floor, so hard she RIP'd despite apo intervention. The team was so devastated, my QB just stood there to get hit and niggled herself. That was the last straw, and I threw the team away in disgust. I think losing close to 150 TR in three games means one of two things--a) I'd risen in TR too far, too fast and b) the team was jinxed.

Looking back I wish I hadn't retired them, as I still had a number of blodgers and 5 rr on a team of TR 107, which probably would've put me in good stead to rebuild strongly. But I'd had two major rebuilding periods already, and was fed up. Maybe I'll try again with another amazon team later, but for now...

Post   Posted: May 19, 2004 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Lost my 14th game in running...
I loose about every snap roll, every save roll... WTF?
First snap, blitz, 4 players are k.o.ed
first half I loose 3 players (1 kill, 2 BH) only 1 player recovers.
Secound half I loose another player, 3 are k.o.ed.

this is ridiculous.. I give up.
So long!
olivers

Post   Posted: May 19, 2004 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I might have missed the point but with +204 casualties are you supposed to take some now and again?
MadMarx

Post   Posted: May 19, 2004 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Does the wasp complain when it is stung?
Jimrod

Post   Posted: May 30, 2004 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I know this has probably been mentioned before somewhere but is the luck factor completely random? Me and a few other friends started playing on here at the same time and now (a couple of dozen matches down the line) one of them won't play anymore because there really is no point with his luck. If he makes an Elf team he fails to pick up the ball most of the time, let alone manage a pass, and for a league we had he thought he would forget that style and made a Kemri team - which ended up getting beat up by Elves (killed mummies in consecutive games etc...). I realise you get some misfortune as we all do, but I have watched him play and he does nothing wrong but really does get rubbish luck all the time (have tried to convince him to carry on but each time I see him play within 3 turns I see his point i.e. Blitz against, players dead, so many 1 rolls it is just not funny). I also notice if I make a necromantic team I get the same results Smile (Werewolf dies by trying 1 go-for-it etc.).

His name is Tigerfrogg and you can look at his past games to see what I mean, most of his teams retire after a couple of matches so there are a lot in the bin. I have seen numerous occaisions where other players have said he has the worst luck they have ever seen. Surely one person cannot have it so bad? (He does have a 4-1 win in there - that was when I played for him Smile )
Mezir

Post   Posted: May 30, 2004 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes the luck is as random as random gets for a computer. Which is more random than any real six-sided die. But less random than true randomness.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2004 - 10:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed.

The game between his "Twig lickin" team and "Karnival of Khoruption" is a good example, don't think one go-for-it worked and his knockouts only recovered about 2 turns from the end. Think he is just cursed (same for him on the board game Smile )
BigBear

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2004 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I recomened More Sacrifices to His Choa's God are needed as they truely seem to think he is ignoring them Wink
sacrifice a few thousand elves thats should please them
 Jump to: