57 coaches online • Server time: 17:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah its an interesting team, might actually become a team that genuinely has to learn to pass and catch. Though I will still run with the chimps for sure.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

+1, at least to start, at least until a Line Chimp doubles for Dodge.

+30k for the Chimp for +MA & Wrestle is not a bad deal, but since you only get 2 I'm not sure spending a skill on Block (and then another on Sure Hands) is a good investment for a developed team. Seems their true destiny is as twin sweepers (if not identical twins) - Tackle, Sidestep, a Stripper, a Frenzy-er... that direction.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
JMkiller

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

This must be main topic in next 3DB!!! Smile

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat wrote:
+1, at least to start, at least until a Line Chimp doubles for Dodge.

+30k for the Chimp for +MA & Wrestle is not a bad deal, but since you only get 2 I'm not sure spending a skill on Block (and then another on Sure Hands) is a good investment for a developed team. Seems their true destiny is as twin sweepers (if not identical twins) - Tackle, Sidestep, a Stripper, a Frenzy-er... that direction.

possibly. Though on Gutter runners I have doubled up before and its a really nice option to have. Will certainly give the team a spin though, should be very interesting.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't the orangutan icon too big? Smile

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Smeat

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Dunno, but the yellow letters of labeling aren't going to show up worth spit on that orange. :/

Garion

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

naa not to big, just Big Guy width.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh ok just looked a bit ST4 to me.

SunDevil

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

JMkiller wrote:
This must be main topic in next 3DB!!! Smile

If I had not just gotten back from England they would be. Smile

I am really happy most people seem to enjoy the roster and no one thinks it is broken. To be fair, I did NOT design the roster. 90% of it was done by ShteveO and only slightly tweaked by myself and our local 3DB players as we playtested them in our league.

Having them here on FUMBBL was the next natural step to make them a worldwide team and Christer, WhatBall, cowhead and Knut_Rockie have all been TREMENDOUS in making this happen! My thanks in my team's write-up will never accurately convey how grateful I am!

As for the players themselves, I prefer the Chimps as sweepers/safeties (I actually wanted to call them "Chimpanzee Safeties" but was voted down) and I think the LineApes (whom I refer to as "Bonobos") would make the best ballhandlers.

Very excited about the AS access on the Gorillas. I hope it is as fun and interesting as it has been in local playtesting!
notbobby125

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
I think that the thrower on the team is very extreme kind of player. Does not start with any reliability - if I read correctly, then a pass is 3+ while rookie - and the speed is also low to be a realistic option as a runner. I would probably choose not to play with that player, and do handoffs instead.

It doesn't start out as a very good option, sure, but it can also get the throwers combo of pass/accurate/strong arm without a double, something other throwers (particularly agility three throwers) only dream of. Also, every players besides the Silverback is a good/decent receiving threat.
notbobby125

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
notbobby125 wrote:
happygrue wrote:
Here is what you all want to be looking at: https://fumbbl.com/p/help?op=races&view=72

Thank you, that is a really interesting team. Smile

A mix of bashing AND able to easily handle the ball, this is something I have wanted to see for awhile now. It even has a decent thrower, since starting with strong arm means it can get the "Strong Arm/Pass/Accurate" combo without a single double.

The lack of general access on the gorilla's is really interesting, although I suspect it's going to be guard/mighty blow on most of them first. :/

1st let me say... This place is so awesome. Just when I thought I was maybe losing interest you guys start talking about actually adding some new rosters to the mix. This team looks awesome.

2nd... I would think Dodge and Break Tackle will be popular combos on the Gorilla too.
So many new combos to think about with STRENGTH 4 player with low Agility but Agility Skill access.
How about man marking a cage with a Gorilla with Side Step... slipping into the cage on your opponents turn... or drawing assists to that corner... or making him choose to not Block?
So many new strategies on their way for an established game. I love it.

Fair enough, having a legion of dodgy, side stepping strength four players, particularly if any of them have guard, will be a messy line of muscle to deal with.
Smeat

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't forget that they have 5x Grab on their turn, to turn whatever position an opponent might have scraped together into rubbish. Add Diving Tackle for bonus fun. :/

PaddyMick

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

They look like they could have a good ball carrying big guy which would be awesome.
Zlefin

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Go custom teams! awesomeness. I look forward to seeing how they turn out.
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Only 2 chimpanzees definitely make their skill choices interesting.

Jump to: