61 coaches online • Server time: 21:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Record the length of...goto Post 145 League and Tourn...goto Post killing by fun?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Skill for War Pigs?
Dodge - best skill for the player
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Mighty Blow - hurt more mans
52%
 52%  [ 11 ]
+MA - more reach
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
+AV - live longer
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other - explain in comments
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 21

RobRoyDuncan

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2014 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Player

Team

War Pigs - +AG Block jaguar warrior - has rolled 5+5 for his third skill, and now I am confused. Pros/Cons.

+MA is good for a blitzer, and I do run a lot with my jaguars. I'm not actually sure that it's better than Sure Feet, though, when jaguars start with Sprint.

+AV would help War Pigs stay on the field longer, and AV 7 is a lot more than AV 6. I'm not sure that it will actually prevent more injuries than Dodge, though.

Mighty Blow is the only double skill I am seriously considering. Jaguars get GA on normals, and there isn't anything else in P or S that really appeals to me. The other jaguar on the team already has MB, though.

Dodge is unexciting, but keeps War Pigs on track to get Tackle at Star if he lives that long, and between the mobility and the staying upright on Pow/Push is probably the best overall skill for him. It feels like a waste of an opportunity, but I feel like I'd regret anything else.

Opinions?
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2014 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

MB. MB is awesome against Stuntyfolk.

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2014 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup mb is the choice. Smash those blockless stunties and even take down big guys with his claws and some friends.
Motskari

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2014 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Give him mighty blow if you want to be the meanest pygmy team around.

Give him accurate if you want to start passing pygmy team. Then give eagles sure feet, side step and catch and then you can play like eshin adepts. Very Happy
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2014 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, we all know how effective MB is in Stunty. But I've had a Block MV7 AG4 player before (with Sure Feet rather than Sprint), and he was incredibly good.

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2014 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Mighty Blow is far ahead, and with good cause - I took it for my other jaguar on that team in a heartbeat. I'm just less sure about it for this guy, who already has +AG, so I feel like I should be trying to make him more mobile.

If he gets MB as his third skill, then I need to wait and hope for 51 SPP for him to get Dodge, then 76 for Tackle, and then he still won't have Sure Feet. And that's assuming no further stats. I guess MB will help him get to 51 faster...?
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2014 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess tougher decision as you already have a less agile twin for him. Would be a decent ball carrier if you wanted to take the ball away from your beefed up eagle, but do you want to do that? Backups are never a bad thing in a team of av6.

You'll have fun with him regardless!
RobRoyDuncan

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2014 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for the advice. I've found myself arguing in favour of Dodge, and the more I think about, the more I think that I'm going to be happiest with War Pigs having that. It really is his most useful skill right now, so I'm going with that. Even though I am ignoring the consensus of the masses, the discussion and feedback were helpful, and I appreciate everyone chiming in.
TheSyron

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2014 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I realize that I'm too late, but accurate was a nice alternative. Like this player. Especially since your other Jaguar should be the main blitzer (with mb)

Seeing as your other Jaguar already has MB I wouldn't have taken it; Guard would have been nice, although unexciting.
Dodge is a solid choice though.
 Jump to: