21 coaches online • Server time: 08:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2014 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

The Ball and Chain players WILL NOT have the nega trait of no hands. They do not get the +ST boost like the traditional Ball and Chain so we will make up for it by letting them handle the ball if they want.

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2014 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

OK...I am dense and need a thorough explanation of this draft. I am thoroughly confused.

Do I give the +ag before or after the draft? I want the +ag to go to my thro-ra.

Here is how I grasp it:

I pick 35 combinations of players I would want, in the order I want them, and submit the list?

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2014 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Breaking News from the KPL

Underhanded coaches in the KPL have sent spies into the Dune Raiders draft War room and stollen their draft sheet and posted it on the ineterwebz for all to to see.

Rah-ma has turned down a request for the Dune Raiders to submit a new draft list but he ruled that the Dune Raiders were to stupid to not keep their draft sheet hidden that is their fault.

(This is my draft sheet, posted for full disclosure to all, since I can see all your draft lists. But also as a example of how a draft sheet should look like.)

Dune Raiders draft sheet.

#1 Basher #15
#2 Basher #11
#3 Basher #18
#4 Basher #9
#5Basher #10
#6 Basher #14
#7 Basher #16
#8 Basher #1
#9 Basher #12
#10 Blitz #11
#11 Blitz #8
#12 Blitz #1
#13 Blitz #3
#14 Blitz #14
#15 Blitz#5
#16 Baller #14
#17 Fod #30
#18 Fod #16
#19 Fod #32
#20 Fod #31
#21 Fod #29
#22 Fod #21
#23 Fod #14
#24 Fod #13
#25 Fod #12
#26 Fod #15
#27 Blitz #20
#28 Blitz #7
#29 Blitz #6
#30 Fod #22
#31 Blitz #10
#32 Blitz #17
#33 Fod #26
#34Bash #13

** I picked all the way to 34 because I have the #15 and #34 pick in the draft. It is impossible for 2 of my 34 picks to not be on the board at #34.

+AG Buff will go on my current Throw-Ra...IF I get Baller #14 the +AG will go on a new Throw-ra I will hire.

IF I get a Basher as my first pick...my second pick WILL NOT BE A BASHER, take the next pick down the line that is not a basher pick.

It is being reported now that the Dune Raiders blame the Nobnibblers and they are forming a raiding party to go and destroy the Nobs training facility.

Last edited by PainState on %b %11, %2014 - %22:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2014 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is how the KPL draft will be conducted, in a hidden room, deep in the heart of the Black Pyramid.

I will have in front of me the draft sheets for every team.

I will have them in draft order.

I will then take the Kings draft sheet, they are #1, and they will pick who ever is their #1 player. For this example it is Basher #5.

I will then write a big black line through Basher #5, he is no longer available to draft.

I will then take the draft sheet for the team who drafts #2.

Lets just say he has Basher #5 as his top pick, well he is already gone, so he will get who ever is his #2 pick. Lets say he is Fodder #16.

Fodder #16 is now off the board.

Repeating this process through the entire draft as players are taken off the board and Iam moving down the draft sheets.

I will then pick up team #3 and this will continue all the way through the 53 picks of the draft.

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2014 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

As a compromise you could split the draft into sections: blind draft 1 would end when everyone has their first player (means everyone only needs to produce a shorter list to start with as well). Coaches can then see what they've ended up with and the run the 2nd draft for the next player in reverse order, with the shorter 3rd draft for the new coaches to pick up the dregs.

Would add on a wee bit of extra time though but not as bad as a full on one-at-a-time draft, and would allow coaches to adjust a bit.
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2014 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

m0gw41 wrote:
As a compromise you could split the draft into sections: blind draft 1 would end when everyone has their first player (means everyone only needs to produce a shorter list to start with as well). Coaches can then see what they've ended up with and the run the 2nd draft for the next player in reverse order, with the shorter 3rd draft for the new coaches to pick up the dregs.

Would add on a wee bit of extra time though but not as bad as a full on one-at-a-time draft, and would allow coaches to adjust a bit.

I like the idea and will take it under advisement.

BUT

Splitting the draft into, in essence 3 rounds, then means a delay between the 1st and 2nd round. 3 Coaches are not online for 3 days, 7 second round draft sheets are not submitted.

Rah-ma is then found in a fortified bunker not wanting to come out.

Lets see if the KPL coaches can atleast submit draft lists before we start talking about splitting the draft into rounds.

I like the idea but man...it could lead to KPL anarchy.

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2014 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

As a side note to my post above.

The main reason the KPL does the draft this way is logistics of the draft. The draft is just the first part.

Myself and WhatBall will then assign these skills to the players.

Create a list of player ID# and the skills to add.

Then Kryten and WhatBall get the pleasure of adding these skills to our players.

Kryten has been a big booster of the KPL from the admin side helping us out so we should all give him a big thanks, he does not even play in the KPL.

So doing the draft in one massive draft makes it easier on the back end to process the draft and get the skills assigned to the players and so forth.

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2014 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I will nominate myself to submit a draft list for any team that fails to submit one!
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2014 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

NerdBird wrote:
OK...I am dense and need a thorough explanation of this draft. I am thoroughly confused.

Do I give the +ag before or after the draft? I want the +ag to go to my thro-ra.

Here is how I grasp it:

I pick 35 combinations of players I would want, in the order I want them, and submit the list?

You can assign the +AG after the draft and you find out what players you got. You can not place the +AG on a drafted player, so there could be conflict and you get to choose were the +AG will go.

Are you still confused or have you be enlightened?

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2014 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, the following will be the draft list for any team failing to submit one Smile

#1 Basher #3 Multi-block!
#2 Basher #6 Wrestle on a basher - sweet!
#3 Basher #8 Catch...this is going to be top scoring basher of all time!
#4 Basher #9 Negative traits...I want them all!
#5 Basher #11 Name her "My Wife" I dare you! O' Ball and Chain! Smile
#6 Basher #15 This is should be "My Mistress" Razz
#7 Basher #20 Leap!!!!!!!
#8 Blitzer #11 ANIMAL!
#9 Blitzer #19 Pro baby - all the way!
#10 Ball Handler #5 Shadowing for the win!
#11 Ball Handler #7 Because this is such a pass happy league!
#12 Ball Handler #9 Please kill me with the spiked ball skill is fun (aka Kick Off Return)
#13 Ball Handler #13 HMP to those skeletons!
#14 Ball Handler #17 Long legs are just so attractive!
#15 Fodder #3 Wrestle
#16 Fodder #4 Wrestle times two!
#17 Fodder #7 Wrestle and Fend baby even better!
#18 Fodder #8 do it again AGAIN!
#19 Fodder #19 Catch...because we throw so much to our fodder!
#20 Fodder #20 Another Animal! Luv them negatraits!

Something tells me that is enough Smile Pretty sure any team that does not turn in a list we can find two of the above players that no one else wants to draft Smile

Note: This should serve as motivation for everyone to submit their own draft list Razz
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2014 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm... at least half of the non-bashers are on my list of 60 players, four of them even in my top 25!

Do I have to be concerned?

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2014 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I have many of them too and still hope to get the leap, dirty player skelleton.
So as we are in the same division, nothing to be scared of. ^^
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2014 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Haha, that one is actually almost in my top 10! We shall see who gets the fearsome leaper in the end...

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2014 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm... Vampires have some interesting options.

Basher #15 Ball and Chain, Mighty Blow, Block and #11 Ball and Chain, Sure Feet

MA 6 Ball and Chain player that can carry the ball! Sure, ST 4 is not exactly great, but he can move at least roughly into one direction, hit prone players, throw (lucky) 2dbs against ST 3 players... He can also try to move into a cage and hit the ball carrier!
He'll probably be knocked over right away in his opponents turn, but playing with and against such a player should be really funny!

Basher #17 Throw Team Mate and one Fodder player gets RightStuff, SureFeet, Catch

Adds an interesting option for vampires to score without thrall support (sort of). And it's only one skill for the vampire, so he can still develop pretty normal (and take Pro for example to help with the TTM-ing).

Fun times!

Edit: Especially funny when the B&C vamp fails his Blood Lust roll and desperately tries to get close to a thrall...

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2014 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Leaping Skeletons, Ball and Chain Vampires, Chainsaws amuck.....this will be amusing to say the least!

Jump to: