64 coaches online • Server time: 23:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Pact/Renegades metagoto Post Raising a Thrall wit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Zlefin

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2014 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm looking back in after a few years away; and it seems like league has gotten some new features, but I'm not quite sure what they are.
I couldn't find anything in the help section covering new features.
I keep seeing people talking about draft systems, are those somehow functional?

What other features (if any) have been added in the past few years?
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2014 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

It's basically the same as it's always been. But there are a number of house rules you can switch on. Like making claw and/or pilee on weaker. Making fouling a little more powerful. Number of players on the pitch , so on and so forth.

Just create a group and have a play around.

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2014 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

The options are covered here.

As for draft systems, no, that isn't a built-in feature. The leagues that use a draft use a workaround by playing 'builder games' to stuff SPP and skills on to players.

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2014 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

And sometimes have Admin in the League willing to radically change skills etc. (which is legal, but in League only). Which is why some League Teams are MUCH more powerful than (almost?) anything you'll see in Ranked or Box.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2014 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat wrote:
Which is why some League Teams are MUCH more powerful than (almost?) anything you'll see in Ranked or Box.

Almost?!... almost. ;D

Don't get me wrong... I love me some league. But the reason there are less bloated teams in Ranked and Box is because it's not as optimal for winning, while people in most leagues are playing for fun as much as competition. Not because admins can change skills.

In terms of fun new league stuff, I'm really intrigued by the fouling perks. Gotta find a league that wants to go full boat on those Smile
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2014 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe you need to restart Battle of the Bands….

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2014 - 02:53 Reply with quote Back to top

JR... you are correct. But the idea I had for it never garnered much interest. Battle of the Bands: MOSH PIT!! All thrall teams that the first skill needs to be Dirty Player ;D

... maybe if all the fouling perks for league were included it may gain more traction. OR! All thralls start with Piling On and we use the optional league rule that KO's Piling On players if doubles are rolled!!! MOSH PIT!!!
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2014 - 03:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Just use all the fouling perks. And every player's first skill has to be Dirty Player unless a double or stat is rolled.

I'm already getting ready.