63 coaches online • Server time: 20:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
deyempe

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2014 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Yea it aint a great work around really.

The advantage Human has tho is the Passers and Catchers, although the Four Nations roster doesnt have a Sure Hands Pass guy, im sure they would be the fist skills to be taken besides Block. Human Catchers have have 1 extra MA but 1 less ST than the FN Wings, and obviously the Human Blitzer has Block and MA+1 compared to the FN Forward, (maybe Linemen would be a better choice here?

..Chaos Pact might be the way to go actuallty..
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2014 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I think It would be much easier to do it as a custom roster (like the apes), rather skills added to each player, each team.

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2014 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Yea it would. But I have no idea how to do othat (not even sure we can?)
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2014 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

If you find the proper admin, then you may succeed. No idea about your chances. If I were an Admin, then I would see potentially how many people would be happy about it.

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2014 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

So what would you propose I do to kick this off then?

start a new thread detailing the current information, titled: Fantasy Rugby League?
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2014 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

deyempe wrote:
Yea it aint a great work around really.

The advantage Human has tho is the Passers and Catchers, although the Four Nations roster doesnt have a Sure Hands Pass guy, im sure they would be the fist skills to be taken besides Block.

Really? I'm not sure tbh. does a team with NoS and Dump off everywhere need sure hands that quick, i think i would wait until I got a st4 or ag4 player first then give them SH. Should be a very interesting team to run in a league imo. One of the ones I am looking forward to most Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2014 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes I am now heavily leaning towards using the Pact instead of Human, because as xnoelx stated it would be easier and that is true, the only double skill requirement would be catch.

The only problem is the Pact icons aren't as positionals easily identifiable
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2014 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
If you find the proper admin, then you may succeed. No idea about your chances. If I were an Admin, then I would see potentially how many people would be happy about it.

There's as much chance of this happening as me marrying........someone you really really wouldn't expect me to marry!
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2014 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

There's as much chance of this happening as me marrying........someone you really really wouldn't expect me to marry!

Statistically speaking that wont be so bad:
More people marry than fumbbl requests fulfilled.

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2014 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I dont have my hopes up, and this is why I am trying to work around it.. ofcourse if nobody is game for the League then so be it
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2014 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

deyempe the level of Admin help to switch up skills like you want would probably be to much to ask.

The majority of every skill up roll for every team would require a admin to go in and change things.

Over in the KPL with our draft we only need a admin to help out one time every 4 months or so. Thus a lot easier to get a admin to help out.

Your idea will probably have to wait for the big league conversion to pull off.

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2014 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Originally I had enquired about admin help availabilty but I have sinse decided to work around the need of the said help. I have created a Group detailing how we can achieve such a experiance, it isnt completed yet nor near completion but the general gist of info is there.

And here:

Teams

No other Roster has the feal of a Rugby roster than the Four Nations Team. While we cannot (yet) play in League with that team/roster, we can strive to create our team/s as closely to them as possible. If doing this doesnt sound like fun to you then you probably should look away, if however you are up to the challenge and can stomach some(most) of your Double rolls being pre-decided then this might be fun for you! Very Happy

Team Creation

Team must be of Chaos Pact Race.

Only Marauder Linemen permitted.

Skills

1st & 2nd Normal skills must be Dump Off & Nerves Of Steel on all players. These positionals will be regular Linemen until takeing either of the other Positional paths/routes.

You must take Diving Tackle and Fend on 4 of the same players after taking Dump Off and Nerves of Steel, these positionals then become your 'Forwards'.

In the case that one of your players rolls a double before or after taking Dump Off and Nerves of Steel, the chosen skill must be Catch (this is only required on 3 of your players), these positionals then become your 'Wings'

Your Team will need 1 Full Back & 1 or 2 Half Backs - your choice but you'll have to make 1 of each. The 'Half Back' needs Catch skill, so its up to you to decided to develop a 'Half Back' or 'Wing' upon your 1st double roll. 'Half Back also requires 'Kick-off Return', 'Full Back' needs only 'Kick' & 'Hail Mary Pass'. Both will require Dump Off and Nerves of Steel aswell ofcourse.

Certain skills are either limited in allowance here or are prohibited altogether. There be no mutants ere!

No Mutations allowed.
Mighty Blow not permitted.
Dirty Player not permitted.
Sneaky Git not permitted.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2014 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:

Statistically speaking that wont be so bad:
More people marry than fumbbl requests fulfilled.

Haha well it depends on the request! Apes are a one off. Never seen this before, doubtful we'll see this again for a long time. They were a payment of sorts.
deyempe

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2014 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

before I try it I thought I should ask, if I were to create my own league, and 2 teams, 1 being all snots, is it legal or even possible to play builder games against myself?

As in I open 2 instances of the client on my machien and smash the snot team to bits (lol).. potentially building a League team in the process, I wouldn't/wont commit to this ofcourse but I thought it would be funny to do once haha!

At least till/if my league gets another Coach & Team appling, i'm building a team in ranked
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2014 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Legal to play builder games in league, illegal to play yourself and impossible on one account. You'll need a second person to play against.
 Jump to: