44 coaches online • Server time: 17:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Record the length of...goto Post 145 League and Tourn...goto Post killing by fun?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should you foul 1 turners?
yes
85%
 85%  [ 141 ]
No
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
I Dont Agree With fouling
12%
 12%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 164

DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

faulcon, do u play anyone?
are u scared of loosing a player,
jesus

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

one turners leave me with plenty of time to score an equalizer, also the rest of the team is normally under-skilled for your players, making it much easier to score yourself, all this means i like playing one turners. Yes it might mean a draw is the most likely result, but still loads of Foul Appearance near the front line has been known to surprise a few gutter runners, that 2+ hand off suddenly becoming a 5+, makes me chuckle every time
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

yarr i love that affect with my rotters

it just really confuses me
and annoys me

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

confuse wasent the right word there

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Why are there anything else than a mv 3, str 3, ag 3, av 8 no skills player in the game?
Everyone else are cheating one way or another!
I vote for that everyone must play nonprogressing human teams with only linemen!
Faulcon

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you followed up my sarcasm with more of the same. I'll play most teams, last time I played against a one turner he failed at least one attempt to score with it, in all I knocked it down twice and fouled it both times. Damn thing just wouldn't die despite breaking armour on both fouls, pity I didn't have a dirty player. That team had two one turners, both of whom have been retired due to niggles and the way they were badly inflating the overall tr to the tune of over 50 points.
Egad

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Drop: I am pretty sure faulcon was just making a point about things people are whining about... and if you had really read his post you would have seen that. And for you people that say one-turners take the fun out of the game I just ask you to remember this.... BB is like football, the OBJECT is to score. Different teams have thier different playing styles but when it comes down to it SCORING is the main objective. So take your STR team and pound the other guy and score, fling that gobbo near the endzone and score, and last but not least... pass to that one-turner and score!
Chickenbrain

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Jesus. Its plain simple. Deal with it. Play it. Its allowed, so anyone should be able to deal with it. Even total bashy teams shall be possible to play against. And you will find out soon enough that bashing through your opponent does not give you more wins in the long run. And relying on oneturners is sick, but having oneturning gutters is perfect, cause they can blitz any field in opponents half, thus he is never save to protect the ball. So easy to get him and put him under pressure. Playing with skaven i always field all 4 gutters. And trust me, usually my opponent hates it when 4 gutters are swarming out to catch him.

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Woot go chickenbrain! I am just hoping to get +ma on my catch skink so if I get quick snap he can one-turn Smile
Bretter

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

DropDeadFred wrote:
faulcon, do u play anyone?
are u scared of loosing a player,
jesus

Try and keep it civil, mate.

This is an open format here in fumbbl. You make your own choices here. When you make your bed you lie in it. If you can't handle losing, and doing it gracefully, maybe this isn't the game for you. I personally love the challenge of playing different coaching styles. Including the one turners.

Of course, I'm still working out the kinks in losing gracefully...
Doowa

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

YES!

If you ask any of my closer friends, they'll tell you that I almost foul to little. The reason is I don't enjoy killing another persons player. But there are a few cases where I do foul!

1) one-turners! I hate these weak minded players.
2) If you foul me, I'll foul you back and not some +1 or +2 foul. I'll gang up on your sorry little DP arse or key player Razz
3) Strategic fouls to secure a TD (thou it's rare).
4) In a league I play to win and have the better team - again to win in the end. Thou these are also rare fouls from me.

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

i was being sarcastic
honestly even fualcon realised

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Doowa wrote:

Careful!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Ash

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

of course everyone hate one turner Smile
but if you look at them the problem is not really one turner... take a human one turner for exemple (MV+, MV+, sprint, sure feet). It s easy to manage this kind of player cause of Ag3. You re just forced to defend in a special way. No the problem with one turner is when they have Ag4 or more... with leap or two head they become unstopable and ruin the game IF coach use it... i ve already seen coaches who use them only on turn 7,8,15,16... for me it s correct to play them like this. But of course, majority of coach use them anytimes...

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Doowa wrote:

So having to roll and get lucky to make a one-turner and then use it would make me weak minded? Hmmm, I could say the same about rolling, getting DP, and the using it or the same with RSC.... etc etc etc.

Now I am a basher all the way but like in my previous post, scoring is the key but then again so is totally annihilating an opponent so the rest of his games in the league are pointless and easy spp for other players*sarcasm*... oh look this person aint having fun anymore
 Jump to: