47 coaches online • Server time: 00:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should you foul 1 turners?
yes
85%
 85%  [ 141 ]
No
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
I Dont Agree With fouling
12%
 12%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 164

DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Egad, its only a game nothing wrong with abit of taunting, u put to quotes into one then to make me sound worser, fine dont me play me. i dont care, if your going to judge me of 2 quotes thats fine, lol

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

DropDeadFred wrote:
hoomin, actually we have 6 english players including carlton cole**, how many u got?

How the hell should i know, i support them, i don't actually watch them or know who plays for them!!!!!! Embarassed
Muldvarpen

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

1 turners are part of the game, i had 1 once but that team is history now. When i play against someone witha 1 turner i try to kill him asap due to this increasing my chance of winning.

If you dont like playing 1 tuners look at team roster before playing and just say no. Quit whine!
Egad

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

dude, I am mostly judging you by your responses on a whole. Now to go with the whining about fouling threads, you made a thread basicly whinig about one-turners..... me and several others have made our comments and instead of debating them like people do in a discussion, you go right back to trivial stuff.
Slothman

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Being new to this version of the game I am still to come up against it...but when I do I am going to try to figure out how to stop them.

Faced my first cage...stopped it....took a few moves but I got there...(my second attempt wasnt so successful Smile

Faced my first strength team and survived...

Faced my first stunty team and after recovering from shock when the little bugger sailed over my head to score or blitz me I recovered and won.

In short when it happens I will deal with it...if I cant I will try to think how for the next time.

A mention was made that the coach was weak minded....who is more weak minded....

They guy using it? or the guy who cant be bothered trying to stop a "weakminded" move??

Sorry dude....I think 1 turners are fine....as others have said...when it is your turn...crush the living bags outta the opposition and do it slowly.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

DropDeadFred wrote:
u Dont Mnemon, u run Away or dont play em,
i know your next comment
then dont play 1 turners

if no one is going to play them, then why make them?

You were almost on the right track there. Why make a 12 man DP squad? Why base a team on as many claw and RSC as possible?

And yes those teams get more than enough games. As do those with one turners.

-Mnemon
Colin

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

It seems there are two ways of using 1-turners, one smart, one not. The former is where you use them to score in one turn only when you need to (Turn 8, typically), otherwise, you try to score by other means.

Also, you can try all sorts of clever tricks, like setting up as if to one-turn at the start or middle of a half, the opponent lines up near the endzone, covering the width of the pitch, with 3 players on the LoS; you beat the snot out of the LoS and rearrange to score in two or three turns (probably with another player) or longer if you then have a numerical advantage.

You could use the one-turner as a lure during a two-turn drive, to lull the opposition away from the players you are actually intending to score with. And of course, having all 4 gutter-runners or wood-elf catchers on the pitch in defense is a real threat to any team, especially elves that score in two turns (their thrower gets trapped near his own end-zone by Shadowing and Diving Tackle) and teams that cannot form cages quickly, or overload on the LoS and leave their retriever exposed.

The other way is to score only with the one-turner until the spiralling TR overheads, under-developed support players and eventual death of the one-turner kills the team, as others have stated. This team will also have poor defensive capabilities, and so will usually draw games at best vs coaches who play the clock carefully.

Both these methods seem to be self-regulating, to me. I personally would take the +MA if it was on offer, but would spend the double on Dauntless. Double 5 would kill me with indecision...

Finally, here's a fairly standard tactic to stop a one-turn TD - I'd probably only use that in a turn 8 situation, or late enough in the half that I couldn't score back.

Edit: As for the question, I think one-turners should fully expect to get fouled every chance that there is, just as other dangerous players also should. It's the opponent's choice to do so.

Last edited by Colin on %b %30, %2004 - %17:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
Doowa

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

hoomin_erra wrote:
Careful!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Egad wrote:
So having to roll and get lucky to make a one-turner and then use it would make me weak minded? Hmmm, I could say the same about rolling, getting DP, and the using it or the same with RSC.... etc etc etc.

Easy ppl. With "player" I mean the Gutter runner, WE catcher or whom ever it is that moves 13 squares in 1 turn. They are no-brainers IMO.
Read my post again and you'll see that I say 'person' about us above. Be careful as hoomin_erra said, it's easy to see I don't mean the coach behind the team IMHO!

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate it when people complain about their opponents not fielding their Gutter Runner or Catcher on defense. High MA and AG players are phenomenal on defense. They make turnovers into TDs.

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

This is better than ANY one-turner will ever be. He's a very good defender (dodge, MA9, block, side step and jump up) and a unstoppable two-turns scorer (AG5, leap, dodge and jump up again)

I agree with those who think that one-turners are just a waste of SPPs which could give some wonderful skills, annoying for the opponent and extremely valuable for the team...

Fouling a one-turner is a goog choice if you can because he could cost you a tie in his 8th turn second half, but it should not be done for revenge... There are plenty of things you can do to a team with a Star Runner and poor linemen all around... And some of these things are pretty evil. Cool

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Mnemon wrote:
(and now there are a lot of threads about that already).

What, really now, don't think I've ever seen that one myself Laughing
Chickenbrain

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Why fouling for revenge? Fouling is a valid tactic like any other thing which is stated in the rules. Just don't base your playing style arround that enormous important foul...

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

DropDeadFred wrote:
Why One Turners?

Why Stalling?
Why Fouls?
Why Dirty Player?
Why Claw/RSC/Mighty Blow?
Why ST 4
Why AV 7
Why Blood Bowl anyhow?
Quote:
One Turners ruin the game

Nope, they ruin your team.
Quote:
... i prefer a slow tactical game...

Purely your opinion.
Quote:
...one turners is an escape to actually playing the game...

That simply is not true. You can't guarantee a win with one-turners, even if they succeed with all attempts.
Quote:
it angers me so when people on some occasion have 3-4 one turners and get pissed when they get fouled

Why? Enjoy their anger!

Anyhow, one-turners are highly overrated IMO, actually it's nice to play against them since their team should be quite weak overall with one-turners accumulating too many SPPs. He one-turns? Fine, more LoS-blocks next drive. Try one-turners yourself, you can see their weaknesses best if you have had (and used) some of them yourself. After my first Sure Feet/Sprint one-turner I never developed any one-turners again (except for 2 straight MA-upgrades which rock on defence). You may win games with offence (i.e. one-turners), but you will win championships only with a good defence and one-turners won't help you much there.
One-turners are just the opposite of stalling I'd say, therefore they belong to the game.

Last edited by Frankenstein on %b %30, %2004 - %18:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
Sparticus

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

well i belive that hoomin_erra said it right theres heap of other cheese out there in BB, entire dwarf lines with guard and mightyblow... chaos teams with cloaws and razor sharp claws.. and you expect a skaven team to stand up against these and not try and score asap.. tell u what u take skaven and play your long slow tactical game while my entire dwarf team tear you apart... it dunt work lik that.... Skaven's only ally really is Speed, noticed how its only possible(practicaly) for skaven to get 1 turners, gee ya rekon that might have been deliberate???....

really ther are much better balancing issues to be dealt with IE Kick off table is too powerfull atm(it needs to be toned down somewhat\ revamped)..
Cronos

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Fast GR's with catch extra arms, and things like big hand, nerves of steel and accurate, pass etc. can be a real pain for a low AG team that fumbles picking up the ball, they might not be 1 turners, but I find that a GR dodgeing through my lines, and picks up the ball I just fumbled, and then throws it back to another skaven, is far more dangerous, basicly because that normaly means the rest of the team is better developed. but by all means, foul the crap of them every chance you get, each time the foul fails to send him of the pitch, the chances are that you get a player less for the rest of the game, which increases the chances of another of those pesky 4AG dodgers slips through your lines. Smile
 Jump to: