13 coaches online • Server time: 05:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2014 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:

We're looking to use the same rules as the NAFC itself (link in the news post). So teams will have 1.1 M gold pieces to spend. They will receive three normal skills before game one, and two normal skills and a double skill before game four. But I'll go into more on the finer details and how it all works nearer the time.

Very cool. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2014 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I was very jealous of cyanide's version of this last year. So hurrah!

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2014 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, the Naf is even more awesome than I could have imagined with loner models being available. Glad I joined!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2014 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Wow, the Naf is even more awesome than I could have imagined with loner models being available. Glad I joined!

Hehe, I should probably point out that this is not strictly NAF policy!

I'm just confident in the TT community; if you want to attend your local NAF event, I think it very likely someone will lend you minis if you don't have any. In the case of the NAFC, I'm more than confident, because I know many of the attendees, and we'll all help out. Wink
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2014 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Regardless of whether it's official or not, the spirit of sportsmanship and fun is woven into the fabric of the organization. Wink
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2014 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Very cool. I only have 2 teams, and only one is painted (and half-painted at that). I keep meaning to enter a NAF sanctioned tournament locally but the lack of a fully painted team has stayed my hand.

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2014 - 01:36 Reply with quote Back to top

This is all kinds of awesomeness. Hopefully it will lead to more fumbblers playing tt tourneys. So many questions!

Will there be a new NAF division? Do you need naf membership? Do you need to pay your naf fees to play? Will coaches login to fumbbl using their naf nick if different to fummbl one? Can I play with a Dwarf team? Will I lose respect for doing so? Will (permanent) inducements be purchaseable as part of the initial 1100k? (Some tourneys allow this some dont). How much fan factor is optimal in a ressurrection tourney?

Bring it on!

Grodthesomewhatoverlyexcited.

Oscar Wilde
garyt1

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2014 - 05:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Cavetroll wrote:
Very cool. I only have 2 teams, and only one is painted (and half-painted at that). I keep meaning to enter a NAF sanctioned tournament locally but the lack of a fully painted team has stayed my hand.

Post on your local club or tournament page and someone will likely offer up a few spare options they have for the weekend.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2014 - 08:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
This is all kinds of awesomeness. Hopefully it will lead to more fumbblers playing tt tourneys. So many questions!

Will there be a new NAF division? Do you need naf membership? Do you need to pay your naf fees to play? Will coaches login to fumbbl using their naf nick if different to fummbl one? Can I play with a Dwarf team? Will I lose respect for doing so? Will (permanent) inducements be purchaseable as part of the initial 1100k? (Some tourneys allow this some dont). How much fan factor is optimal in a ressurrection tourney?

Bring it on!

Grodthesomewhatoverlyexcited.

Hi Grod.

We'll get to the finer points of execution (division, etc.) nearer the time. As for payment; you won't need to be a NAF member to play, but you will need to be to have results tracked (assuming technical challenges mentioned above can be conquered), and yes, we'll have to marry up NAF and FUMBBL nicknames. Everyone should be a NAF member anyway, for a host of good reasons!

As for Inducements, see the NAFC rules pack. Our aim is to match that for the Road to the NAFC.

Last edited by Purplegoo on %b %10, %2014 - %08:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
sann0638

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2014 - 08:38 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Regardless of whether it's official or not, the spirit of sportsmanship and fun is woven into the fabric of the organization. Wink

This makes me happy.

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2014 - 10:15 Reply with quote Back to top

This just rocks.
Prez

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2014 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:
This just rocks.

Couldn't agree more +1

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2014 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

\o/
And joined!

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2014 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

This is cool. The same thing on Cyanide went as well as can be expected given the limitations of the platform last year, and there was a lot of interest: we had 96 people take part in a group stage followed by a knock-out playoff round. Swiss is a great way to run things too, and the platform limitations here are far less of an issue so I expect this to be an excellent event and, given that you're using the NAFC rules, a superb warm-up for a lot of coaches.

Best of luck with it, Goo Cool
Joemanji

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2014 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Can't describe how excited I am about this, superb developments for both FUMBBL and the NAF.