41 coaches online • Server time: 11:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think that it is very fair that players are awarded SPP for TD's and stuff, which eventuslly gives them more skills! It is mostly the best players that make these SPP generating plays, so they end up getting even better!
(for example it is much easier for a War Dancer to get a TD than a Black Orc or a Rotter, so they get less benefit)

Plus some teams like various types of elves can all make Completions and TD's with their linemen much better than Orcs or especially Dwarves or Undead! Using SPP to improve players is frustrating and unfair for some teams when they play an opponent who has been doing this to give his players good skills! And this is not even taking statistic increases into account. I buy a Black Orc for ST4 and then I find some Elf Lineman with ST 4 and Block all because he got SPP!!! It is not fair and ruins the game!

Does anyone think we should abolish SPP, or at least find some way to divide them more evenly between ALL types of players?

Or maybe instead of playing just roll a d6 and that could be how many TD's your team gets that game and figure out who wins that way! Just imagine how many games you could 'play' each day like that!!!
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

no, thats a terrible idea imo, as i enjoy working for the ssp to make my players better to win more games

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats a horrible idea, but it sounds like you should be playing ladder?

Where people don't get skills....
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

CorporateSlave3 wrote:
Does anyone think we should abolish SPP, or at least find some way to divide them more evenly between ALL types of players?

All players are equal. Some are just more equal than others.

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, Corpo, I think you have hit something here... If they abolish SPP, think about the other good points... none of your players become targets for being really good, there would be no aging whatsoever, and the best part is that you dont feel the need to use your linos to do anything, coz your main players could do all the work easily and not have to worry about going a lot further than the rest of the team skillwise...

It would make the game easy!

But I don't like your Touchdown idea... I think it should be a d3, not a d6. Maybe elves get a +1 to that roll...

Whaddaya think?

Z
Unxerxes

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, it sounds more like a joke to me... So far we've had people wanting to abolish fouling, passing, scoring, blocking, intercepting and now gaining spp... Maybe we should all go back to playing with our marbles (but then I gues we would abolish aiming or something) Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I think we should take this a step farther. Still allow SPP to be earned but make it against the rules. So everytime someone scores, passes, intercepts, or causes a Cas we roll for the Ref, and move the igmeoy marker. If the ref catches him making spp throw him out.

As a matter of fact, I think ball handling, in general, should be against the rules. Picking that thing up should also risk a penalty. Same with hand offs. That pesky pigskin is just destracting us from spilling blood anyway.

Asperon Thorn
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

AsperonThorn wrote:
I think we should take this a step farther. Still allow SPP to be earned but make it against the rules. So everytime someone scores, passes, intercepts, or causes a Cas we roll for the Ref, and move the igmeoy marker. If the ref catches him making spp throw him out.

As a matter of fact, I think ball handling, in general, should be against the rules. Picking that thing up should also risk a penalty. Same with hand offs. That pesky pigskin is just destracting us from spilling blood anyway.

Asperon Thorn

Now that's what I'm talking about! Very Happy Let's penalize good players for doing things! In fact, why stop at making picking up the ball a penalty roll? I say, placing players on the pitch at kickoff should incurr a penalty. Or better yet, having players on your roster at all! There we go!

Unxeres wrote:
Hmm, it sounds more like a joke to me... So far we've had people wanting to abolish fouling, passing, scoring, blocking, intercepting and now gaining spp...

A joke? Whatever gave you that idea? I'm sure it had nothing to do with me logging on today and noting that two of the current topics were 'no spp for fouling*' and 'why one turners?'... Smile

*granted this was not a thread complaining about the lack of spp for fouling
Calador

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Players that get lots of SPP's get aging rolls quicker...
Elves get SPP's faster than dwarves, correct, but they move up in TR faster too then, so
they face opponents of equal strength.
Plenty of penalties for putting tons of SPP's on few players... Except for the aging rolls,
there's also the fact that your team is so much easier to beat if you have all your TR
based on 2 players.... knock them down, foul them out, and suddenly you're left with
nothing of importance on the field.
The trick with team-management is to distribute SPP's on all players... for some races
it's easier than others, but take that as a challenge
poi66

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Good counter to the one turner thread Corporate, laughed my ass of! Mr. Green
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

IS there a forum where intelligent blood bowler post? Did I miss the boat?

Post   Posted: May 01, 2004 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I can understand certain replies so far due to the following factors:

1)English is not everyone on Fumbbl's first language,
2)At the best of times sarcasm on the internet, unless very heavy handed, can be difficult to detect,
3)There are various other threads on Fumbbl forum that are nearly as idiotic, yet completely serious.

However, anyone who replies to this thread after the above statement without demonstrating, however subtly, that they know this topic is a joke should have 50 points stricken from their coach rating... Laughing
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: May 01, 2004 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn. . . I thought you were serious. I was also going to propose that we treat MVP's as MNG's.

Asperon Thorn
SparkingConduit

Post   Posted: May 01, 2004 - 01:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I knew it was a joke just by reading the topic title.

Heruwulfar

Post   Posted: May 01, 2004 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

this topic was all a joke? i had noooo idea Wink