38 coaches online • Server time: 00:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

And surely they should have the tail skill ;|

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Shades_SteelFist wrote:

/me takes shelter.

...INCOMING!

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
Shouldn't apes have another skill, "climb" - can leap if next to a tree.

Climb - ignore dodge penalty from tackle zones of treemen, also, moving through tackle zones of treemen does not require a dodge roll if it is the only player whose tackle zones the apes are moving through.

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Hey Xyon you need to change your sig son, I never said anything vaguely like that!
Roland

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

tails would fit fluff-wise, at least on bonobo and chimps, but would be totally OP.
just wait for the fimir team Shocked
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 16:03
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
tails would fit fluff-wise, at least on bonobo and chimps, but would be totally OP.
just wait for the fimir team Shocked

What is it the kids do these days? *Whooooosh* or something like that Razz
Roland

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
What is it the kids do these days? *Whooooosh* or something like that Razz

Question Smile
Duder

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the orangutan for a true thrower with a accurate, pass, sure hands, KOR type development. Dodge would fit in well with this set for when the Orangutan runs rather than throws. I think having a good thrower best utilizes the team-wide extra arms.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Tails? Really? I'm going to prescribe a course of David Attenborough documentaries. Or just send people to googling exactly what the difference between an ape and a monkey is.

Or, if that's still too difficult: LOOK AT A PICTURE OF A CHIMP! Now point to its tail...

I'm waiting...

No, that isn't a tail. That's a ... well, this is a family site, never mind. It's not a tail anyway. Try again...

Last edited by xnoelx on %b %17, %2014 - %13:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
SunDevil

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Shades_SteelFist wrote:

/me takes shelter.

...INCOMING!

I didn't even check to see if someone beat me to this (I hope they did) but APES DON'T HAVE TAILS!!! Very Happy

Monkeys have tails, apes don't. Smile

As for the Orang, I've gotten a lot of feedback about him. I like that with one skill he throws quick and short for a 2+ to so many 2+ catching teammates. Though, getting Guard on one could make him the Block Guard guy that could help the Gorillas and you could turn the next into a more pure Thrower.

We are taking notes for a possible roster tweak WAY down the road after hundreds of games. The Orang may get a skill or a cost change but will not be made faster. Orangs are just not that speedy. If you think he is unplayably slow, consider this - in the late stages of roster testing, he was movement 4. Smile

I'm also waiting for a coach to put HMP and KOR on him and then put Diving Catch on the gorillas. Smile
Smeat

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Shades_SteelFist wrote:
Roland wrote:
tails would fit fluff-wise, at least on bonobo and chimps

Do you really have no concept what a chimp looks like? o.O So sad...

Yeah, AV 8 for only +20 TV is a good deal, despite the -MA. So they can go 2 ways - one is Passer (or just Block/Leader caddy), and the other is +AV lino. And one of each might not be a bad way to go.

If you're worried about movement, you ~could~ give him Sure Feet on a doubles - a bit scary to rely on, but if he's your initial ballhandler then he needs something, and SF is more generally useful than KOR.

Dodge... hopefully(!) he won't be getting marked/blitzed a lot, but will pass before then. But after that, he's still a target, so maybe Dodge. And occasionally a Blitz! kickoff return will be ugly, and/or he'll want to dodge past a defender to pass - Dodge for personal survivability (but it'll be used less than Guard). And with so much AV 7, he'll be in on defense sooner or later. :/

But as a first team skill - yeah, I have to say that Guard may be the most useful. He'll live or die, but he'll help keep everyone else alive meanwhile.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)

Last edited by Smeat on %b %16, %2014 - %20:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
charlie1331

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
Shouldn't apes have another skill, "climb" - can leap if next to a tree.

:mindblown:
Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Successful troll was successful...

Come on somebody had to do it

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2014 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

SunDevil wrote:
WhatBall wrote:
Shades_SteelFist wrote:

/me takes shelter.

...INCOMING!

I didn't even check to see if someone beat me to this (I hope they did) but APES DON'T HAVE TAILS!!! Very Happy

Monkeys have tails, apes don't. Smile

doh! Rolling Eyes
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2014 - 13:13
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

My problem with using him as a 'lineman' is that he's not really very good value in that position. He's 70k and would be a slower Human lineman, not making use of his strong arm or extra arms. That's why I'm still strongly considering going Accurate > KOR > Pass and making his job just retrieving the ball and passing it off as soon as possible. Should make caging on turn 1 easy at least Smile

@SunDevil: When it came to discussing the roster and possible tweaks I did it here though if it's something you wanted to do it's probably worth it's own thread to gauge opinion.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
 Jump to: