43 coaches online • Server time: 10:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2014 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I think the FC may have taken some attention from the open test. I know there are times I would have normally played, but felt the need to spec some of the amazing FC games.

Join the Human League Premiership!
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2014 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Cavetroll wrote:
I also just reread the rules and it says if the Ball & Chain is ever knocked down or placed prone, roll for injury and ignore armor. So this should apply to Wrestle as well.
This. It should be all-but impossible to foul a B&C player, 'cause if he ever goes prone he automatically goes out. I guess you could Apoth him….

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2014 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
Cavetroll wrote:
I also just reread the rules and it says if the Ball & Chain is ever knocked down or placed prone, roll for injury and ignore armor. So this should apply to Wrestle as well.
This. It should be all-but impossible to foul a B&C player, 'cause if he ever goes prone he automatically goes out. I guess you could Apoth him….

I never thought about using the apothecary to change the KO to a stun. However, the rules also state that a Stun result on a b&c player is always treated as a KO result. Does this cause some kind of endless loop, or does the apo override the rule in this circumstance? If so, then the chance for a foul bug still exists.

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2014 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

This bug has already been raised to top priority because it causes the game to freeze. There should never be an option to foul a B&C player, as with Wrestle or Pitch Invasion, they should be removed from the field.

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2014 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
This bug has already been raised to top priority because it causes the game to freeze. There should never be an option to foul a B&C player, as with Wrestle or Pitch Invasion, they should be removed from the field.

But can you use the apothecary to turn a KO into a Stun?

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2014 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

A stun counts as a KO doesn't it?
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2014 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
This ruling would make a lot of sense.

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2014 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
Balle2000 wrote:
This ruling would make a lot of sense.

It would also make things simpler.

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2014 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

This bug was already reported, by me. Yes ball and chain can never be prone for any reason it is always straight ko or worse.

Please check the bugs list under FFB TEST in the bugs section.

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2014 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

this is the bugs list - https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=bugs&p=5&s=Open

What ball this bug should be moved to top priority - https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=bugs&op=view&id=1748 as this is allowing the Ball and Chain player to be prone.

They should never be a target for a foul.

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2014 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Cavetroll wrote:
WhatBall wrote:

But can you use the apothecary to turn a KO into a Stun?
Yes but then he is KO'd again. Because he is prone.

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2014 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Cavetroll wrote:
All my games since the beta started have been for League or Tournaments (I'm counting Necromiser's Nightmare here), though I did play one test game last night against two of my own teams because I didn't think I had time to play against another opponent. Garion is right about how fun it is to play and not care about the stats.

I'm definitely going to make some time to play more test games against other opponents. I really want to test the Ball&Chain bug - if you wrestle a 'ball & chain' player to the ground, then foul said b&c player, it locks the game up. Has anyone else encountered this in test mode?

Update - I scanned through the bug reports, this is still happening and there are a number of similar things causing the same result - Pitch Invasion, Chop Block. I also just reread the rules and it says if the Ball & Chain is ever knocked down or placed prone, roll for injury and ignore armor. So this should apply to Wrestle as well.

That's weird because I had a game, not so recently, where someone -2d6 double both downed my fanatic with wrestle and the everything played out correctly. This wasn't in beta, this was in the live client. I'll see if I can dig it up.
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2014 - 09:26 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah I think wrestle is working fine, its just from unique events like chop block and possibly pitch invasion where the issue occurs.

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2014 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Give me a carrot!

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2014 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Give me a carrot!

MOAR STIKZ FOR U!