30 coaches online • Server time: 09:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Exempt teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Smeat

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2014 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

What Rbthma failed to mention was the final score - 4-1, for 8(!) League points! Nice rake.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2014 - 06:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat wrote:
What Rbthma failed to mention was the final score - 4-1, for 8(!) League points! Nice rake.

thanks! it was a good match, though it was a lot closer than the final score. Came at a good time too as I needed to catch up a bit, even though I'm still way behind Cedric19's High Elves & tmoila's dirty one-turning gutter runners! Evil or Very Mad

couldn't see myself trying the dump-off/Nerves of Steel combo in Ranked, but this is the perfect league to have fun with it - and it paid in spades this match. Saved me from at least 2 TDs against if the ball had been free.

I'll also admit that I turned down a +ST on Nelion Gullcloud in favour of Safe Throw...so feel free to laugh when Nuffle comes calling. We'll see how that skill choice pans out...
Smeat

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2014 - 09:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Lots of Ag 4 (and 5!) out there - can't see how it could possibly go wrong. Nuffle rarely punishes those who refuse his gifts.
0;)

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Hayati

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2014 - 09:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Silvania Sycamores 5 Rush and Leap 2

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3635523

The Sycamores had the lion's share of Lady Luck today and came out as the 5-2 winners in this exciting match!

Things were going smoothly for both teams with alternate scoring until a snake-eyed dodge for Rush and Leap upset the flow of play. Similar mishaps continued to beset the Slann, with the Sycamores able to take advantage on several occasions.

Despite this bitter loss, the Slann remain top of the division with 22 points.

Star catcher Nestariel was the only Sycamore to skill up after this game- and with Nerves of Steel, she may just have become the league's biggest scoring threat!

Hayati

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2014 - 04:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Silvania Sycamores 3 Pass Rush Eagles 4

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3636307

A great game, with coach Valen taking the glory after a protracted fight!

In the first half Silvania received and immediately felt the sting of the opposition's Wizard- who blasted through their ball carrying group to create a turnover score!

Things looked to be going from bad to worse for coach Hayati as Morwen's first throw was intercepted- until play-maker Pandothiel leapt into a High Elf cage by the sidelines and blasted the ball carrier, allowing Morwen to dive in, secure the football and hurl it down-field for the touchdown! Magical play!

Following this drive, which had used up a lot of time, coach Valen was not able to score in time and at half time the score was 1-1.

In the second half Pass Rush Eagles scored and it was 2-1 with Silvania on the ball. And here the game was lost- after patiently removing AG5 super-star Valen Swift from the passing lane, Morwen made a great throw- only for super-star Nestariel, despite her Nerves of Steel and Catch, to fumble the football right into her marker, who caught it! A turnover, and Pass Rush Eagles scored again for a 3-1 lead!

A routine touchdown for each side later for 4-2, and cue Nestariel to make a OTT and leave the scoreline at a respectable 4-3.

Overall, a superb match and well done to coach Valen on the well-deserved win!

Rbthma

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2015 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Dreadsea Cavaliers 3 EHC München 3

A rough match for the Cavaliers that saw them using up all 3 apothecaries by the end of the 1st half...and here I thought this was a friendly league Laughing

We had to play a risky game & despite the bad casualties, had some luck with some 1 dicing on the ball carrier & risky passes to tie it up in the end.

Loriston Seagazer pulled off some terrific plays to earn the Quarterback badge though we now mourn the passing of Nianna Moonlyre
Hayati

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2015 - 05:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Silvania Sycamores 6 Carpe Diem Jugulum 1

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3639366

A disastrous game for the Vampires with all manner of things going wrong- failed dodges, failed passes, frequent blood lust, lame Apothecaries and a lame Wizard!

The best touchdown of the game was scored by the Vampires however, after two players made supreme efforts to see the football brought home in very unlikely circumstances.

As for Silvania, they looked to be out of the running going into this match, but this result awards them a whopping 12 points and opens up the possibility of their winning the league...we now await the results of the other final round games to see!

Jump to: