40 coaches online • Server time: 11:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is the following team suggestion good?
Yes, looks good to me
16%
 16%  [ 8 ]
No, needs a lot of work (detail below)
63%
 63%  [ 31 ]
It is getting there, but just tweak it like this (explained below)
20%
 20%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 49

asperon

Post   Posted: May 05, 2004 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol, it sure is, on the other hand, they are WereWolfs =).

Post   Posted: May 05, 2004 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

try to give the runners mv8
MacLeod

Post   Posted: May 05, 2004 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

asperon wrote:
To create a WereWolf team, why not start with the necro WereWolf, which is a catcher (since it has catch),

0-2 Werewolf 120000 8 3 3 8 Catch, Claw, Frenzy G A

ok, lets make a lineman out of that

0-12 Werewolf 90000 6 3 3 8 Claw Frenzy G

ok, it would be hard to start a team with these suckers, since FF 1 and 0 RR aint that fun, so you'd probably have to take them down some more,

0-12 Werewolf 70000 6 3 2 8 Claw Frenzy G

ok, now were down to elf costs, with two less points of ag and claw and frenzy instead. The team would probably need some more position players,
or it will be hard to get by with ag 2 in the start.

any more ideas?!

Reducing the AG on a wolf just seems wrong though. Perhaps, being linewolves, they might not start with claw. Give that to the blitzers to start with. Leave linewolves with 6 3 3 8 and frenzy at 70000.
juck101

Post   Posted: May 05, 2004 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

er think need guard to be a sensible team with so much frenzy....
But must admit gut reaction 8 lineman with guard (that can move) will be an excellent team on defense. The dwarf have trouble MOVING to guard so more effective on weres. but also counter i would pick block asap becuase of frenzy. great skill but 4 frenzied blocks without block skill...lol your turn.

maybe need 4th player halfway who can get strength for guard as primary role, but not every lineman. Or go chaos style 4 position were (ie blitzers) with ubber skills and high cost: and 10 lineman with st but no ball skills. then more like chaos/Cdwarf can have st skill base but will alwasy struggle with the ball.

will pm if have better ideas
juck
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: May 05, 2004 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

seems a bit too risky having so much frenzy, if i was to play against them i would set up with a few players 1 step behind the LoS and any frenzy player who only rolled pushback on their first hit would suddenly be in danger, especially without block.

It also looks a fun roster to play which is a good thing
R_Spiskit

Post   Posted: May 05, 2004 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Freak in a Frock, as I said, I really enjoy playing frenzy, it adds a new element to the blocking sideof the game, makes it like chess. So, I would have fun with it.

I know frenzy has its drawbacks, that just makes it all more challenging. Like not blocking when your "trap" is set or even dodging out!!
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: May 05, 2004 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it is kind of a choice. I think you should have either two runners and four blitzers or two blitzers and four runners.

If you wanted to go with 4 runners you would definately want to give them Agility access instead of Passing. That would allow for skills like sprint, catch (for quick passes and hand-offs), and jump up on them. It would have a formidable running game, and on doubles you could give any wolf pass and make a halfway decent passing threat as well. The drawback being that you only have two guards (without doubles) which means you have to be very careful on how your linewolves block. But Skaven do fine with only two players with str skills (excluding the Rat Ogre.) Doubles on a linewolf would be a no brainer for guard.

If you think that having the blitzers is more important, and that pass access will make it a more fun team (although the more I think about it the more I think Ag access would fit the team), then two runners is the way to go. Only 4 guys with guard is not that much of a liability (Norse do fine with 4 blitzers with Frenzy.)

I would test out both rosters, personally. One with 4 Blitzers 2 runners and one with 2 blitzers 4 runners. Both teams are going to be scary (all that frenzy) but with a sufficient amount of mayhem that it can cause on itself to make it at least interesting.

As far as adding a catcher position to accomodate passing runners, I think that would definately put this team over the edge. The "pack" mentality this team will have at biting on a flank would be lost if this team could get too good of a passing game going. And it would be too strong as this team already can bottle up both widezones well enough that if it could also pass farther then short there would be no way to defend it. So either make the Runners, Passers or Catchers but not both.

Asperon Thorn
gken1

Post   Posted: May 06, 2004 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

from talkbloodbowl's discussion: http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10371

Code:
Werewolf team:
0-12 Werekin 70k 6 3 3 8 Frenzy {G}
0-4 Werewolf 120k 8 3 3 8 Claw, Catch, Frenzy {G,A}
0-2 WereBear 120k 7 4 2 8 Break Tackle, Frenzy {G,S}
rerolls = 70k

Code:
Werebear team:
0-4 Werebear 120k 7 4 2 8 Break Tackle, Frenzy {G,S}
0-2 Werewolf 120k 8 3 3 8 Claw, Catch, Frenzy {G,A}
rerolls = 70k
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: May 06, 2004 - 03:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Im liking the look of the teams gken has put up (but then again i love my wolfs) question is would you give them an apoth or not? Probably the 4 wolfs 2 bears is better but both look good

R_skispit I dont really like yours being called werewolfs without any of the necro Werewolf players on the team at all however that being said it is still not a bad team idea.
gken1

Post   Posted: May 06, 2004 - 04:18 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah i'd give them an apoth.
origami

Post   Posted: May 06, 2004 - 04:44 Reply with quote Back to top

With 70k linos and RR, the above team is going to have a rough time starting out. Without block, even the frenzy will be as much of a liability as it is an asset. They seem a little like Chaos - weak at first, but much better once they earn a few SPP.
R_Spiskit

Post   Posted: May 06, 2004 - 09:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Gkens list is too expensive, I am trying to avoid another damn 70K lineman team. So they would start awful. And conversley, once cash comes in, they become amazing.
We don't want so much claw running around, no one in our league would ever want to play against that.

I could call them Wolfmen, if you don't like the name without necro wolves.

They would get an apo.

Also, ST4 frenzy is amazing, I want to avoid that too. This is suppose to be a skill tester, that makes it too easy.

60,000 for rerolls cos with 1 in 9 blocks without block failing and each player throwing 2 at a time, they are gonna need rerolls more than they need air!!
m0nty

Post   Posted: May 06, 2004 - 09:19 Reply with quote Back to top

If you're looking for a naming theme, might I suggest:

linemen with DP = dirty dogs
blitzers = bitsers
passers = bitch elves
Lorion

Post   Posted: May 06, 2004 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed a team where all players have claws - that is madness. I anything needs to be done, then take the claws of them. As regard to the original preposal, then i think that it is about done. U have a team with only throwers and blitzers, and all have frenzy. U might think about adding a big guy along the lines of a Mino or Rogre. I still think u need to make the blitzers more expensive - or perhaps replace them with the 2 werewolf from the necro team. . . and then add 2 more runners (the number of catcher werewolfs being 2).
That team seems pretty balanced, and yes rerolls should only be 60k, and an apot should be available.

Post   Posted: May 06, 2004 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Werewolf team:
0-4 Werewolf 120k 8 3 3 8 Claw, Catch, Frenzy {G,A}
0-2 WereBear 120k 7 4 2 8 Break Tackle, Frenzy {G,S}
rerolls = 70k

This idea I kind of like.
But how about using the Werebear like a BG and making him like a cross between an Ogre and a Rat-Ogre?
Kinda like this:

0-1 Werebear 120k 6 5 2 8 MB, TTM(not that he´ll ever use it but all the other BG´s have it), Frenzy, Bonehead, Big Guy

Another thing I might consider doing is dumping the prize of the RR down to 60k, with all that frenzy and no block they´ll need them.
 Jump to: