43 coaches online • Server time: 14:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Keep the team or delete?
Delete
23%
 23%  [ 14 ]
Keep
76%
 76%  [ 46 ]
Total Votes : 60

tibbo

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2015 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

All that aside, without deleting any players who weren't injured have i fixed my team with the correct skills? https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=799162 any more suggestions are welcome... and sorry i like kick off return , my theory is to have 3 ways to score each time i receive the ball... Thinking about pass block next for pretty much anyone who gets a skill.
tibbo

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2015 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

i did roll double 6 for the one turner but opted for nos rather than st which is a bit iffy , but apart from that both war dancers rolled dbles , lineman with nos now has catch, and the injured linemen will just stay up front with their minus ag till they pass away
licker

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2015 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

tibbo wrote:
so it is not illegal to delete a player from roster ? with no injuries? just trying to understand the limitations

It's not illegal.

What's illegal is to run multiple (depends on who you ask) j-men with a sizable (depends on who you ask) bank.

Feel free to report those teams if you see them. Or feel free to wonder why anyone cares about this non-abuse.
C3I2

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2015 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I get why you picked NoS when you rolled the double, instead of Leap. If you dont kill him, he will get leap soon enough anyway.

Have you considered marking the passblocker(s) with a tackle guy, before you pass to him however? Or, even better set him up on the other side were there is no pass blocker in range?
tibbo

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2015 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

shall definately take note of that c312, im still a bit slack with checking on dt and peoples set up as i said im a bad coach really and are to focused on my options Razz
tibbo

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2015 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

but... now have two 1 turners! Very Happy
licker

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2015 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

So you can fire the one who's beat to crap Smile

Also...

You can build however you want to build, but NoS and Catch spam (other than on the catchers) is sub-optimal.

You could have taken guard on that line elf!
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2015 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

tibbo wrote:

All that aside, without deleting any players who weren't injured have i fixed my team with the correct skills? https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=799162

definitely not...

Quote:
any more suggestions are welcome...

You're probably more the type who has to figure it out on his own, you seem rather unphased by advide Wink

Quote:
and sorry i like kick off return , my theory is to have 3 ways to score each time i receive the ball...
how does that work and whats KoR to do with it?

Quote:
Thinking about pass block next for pretty much anyone who gets a skill.

Your team looks much worse now. You have a crappy OT scorer on it that you don't need. Tons of useless stuff and next you wanna go Pass Block. Injuries on essentially everyone.
You're a lost cause, but good luck Wink

Last edited by Wreckage on %b %24, %2015 - %18:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
C3I2

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2015 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

actually, you keep both, buy up to 12 (or13) players when you can afford it
and protect the new one with your life.
C3I2

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2015 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

He played a wood vs. wood game with 12 TDs (7-5, I think) and got pass blocked ALOT. Its a great skill if you play other elfs, that do passing games.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2015 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

The old catcher is 240 TV tho... that's almost 20k in spiralling expenses every game.. Not to mention the competition. But honestly with that amount of injuries and poor skills its probably really better to scrub the team... or just to retire everyone except for the clean catcher and run it as some sort of min max team with lots of loners and only one developed ot scorer...
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2015 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Sack everyone but Gonzales, make a new team and get hella better then come back to this team and win hella games with a stupid one turner.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2015 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

C3I2 wrote:
He played a wood vs. wood game with 12 TDs (7-5, I think) and got pass blocked ALOT. Its a great skill if you play other elfs, that do passing games.

Ok, so it helps him when he picks games. I think every skill is somewhat good but...
look at where the problems are: He's taking injuries because he can't properly protect the team. He can't protect it because he doesn't take protective skills and rather improves woodies on something they are already good at.

Tobby, I'm sorry, please understand..I feel partly responsible for this because I said in the beginning your bloat skills are somewhat peculiar but not terrible...
and other people have given you advice now on how to make them work and the combos look fine but the underlining problem isn't to get the combos to work but the accumulated bloat... before it was 20 tv in non protective skills here and there and it didnt really work, now its 40 tv in non protective skills here and there and it still doesnt work... ...

the lineman could need catch of course in conjunction with NoS, but moreso he needs Dodge and ideally Block to make him somewhat of a player that can remain intact for a game and isn't just really expensive.

The wardancer has Dump Off and NoS now which combos great, but he is still a blodger and bottom line is: You almost never wanna dump off with a blodger...

And the rest of the team is basically wasted. It's at 2100+ tv... who do you wanna beat like that with pass block next?
tibbo

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2015 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Well i personally like kor as no matter what happens i seem to have to travel a long distance to get the ball on the kickoff, and with a one turner like i had/ have it seemed to work to guarantee the best pass / catch / pickup to get the ball to him. Was one of the few skills i used regardless of snake eyes or ones as it isnt effected by it , kinda why im interested in passblock i cant really fail it and it still is used.

But wreckage, i do understand what your saying and it does make sense actually .. I've gotten to far ahead of myself with playing the ball, yet the problem is the cas, so all linemen block/dodge /guard? if dbl? Delete a few after the next or just ride em out till death ?
licker

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2015 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

CAS will always be a problem, but adding block or wrestle along with dodge to your line men helps far more than making redundant catchers. Guard is usually the golden skill for any elf lineman as well. But, if you don't understand how to use it properly it gets wasted and that player gets targeted quite a bit since you have to expose him more than you expose your dancers and catchers.

KOR is fine on a thrower though, especially if you are trying to one turn a lot. But that's the thing, you shouldn't be trying to one turn a lot, you should be saving the one turn threat for turn 8 and 16 where you can steal wins and draws with it. Not just score ASAP and then watch your opponent beat the crap out of you for the other 7 turns of the half.
 Jump to: