43 coaches online • Server time: 15:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Blood Bowl Variantsgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How much agility is too much, before it becomes a blantant "bloat"
5+ agi is maximum on a single player
20%
 20%  [ 8 ]
6+ agi is a must - RIP tacklezones
12%
 12%  [ 5 ]
3 agility boosted players is suffice
17%
 17%  [ 7 ]
4-6 agility boosted players is suffice
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
You can never have too much agility spread throughout an elf team!
33%
 33%  [ 13 ]
I'm uncertain, it depends on your team's development
15%
 15%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 39

Blackbeltcrazy

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2015 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

So I like to give advice to people, and I've been biting my tongue on this one as I don't verse many elves and in experience, I have under 500 games verse elves of all sorts in my lifetime of playing tabletop/online.
I've played elves many many times, AGI is hands down the most useful stat up - this is just in my eyes though (however varies from team, though as a rule of thumb I'll have to support this the whole way)

Now given agi causes that nasty bloat while developing a team, and given elves have ag4 as a blanket stat, does it seem reasonable to advise against (my opinion is 3+ AG and you should be comfortable to ignore any further agility) 5ag after all provides more than enough utility on almost anything.

I'm curious as to the thoughts and opinions specifically regarding agility; I'm always learning and there is no clear "supreme" strategy, the game is dynamic and ever changing (though lately at a slow pace).

What are our thoughts? Comment/Poll or even share your team and explain it a little!! It would be great!
tmoila

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2015 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Never too much on positionals. Linemen - better off with block.

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2015 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I've made quite a few posts talking about 6ag being bloat.

I also only take it on wood elf linemen. The MA6 linemen aren't fast enough to make the best use of it, and I'd rather spend the TV on a positional.

Wood elf linemen, on the other hand are very nice with 7/3/5/7 Block, Dodge, Leap, Sure Hands.
licker

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2015 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

tmoila wrote:
Never too much on positionals. Linemen - better off with block.

Mostly...

But it depends on the order you roll your stat ups in Smile

If my 1st +AG is on a line elf I will gladly take it, and since I don't play with throwers, this guy now is my defacto ball retriever. He gets sure hands, blodge, and any other stat ups, potentially skipping +MA unless it comes late.

If I get +AG on my positional(s) first, then it's easier to skip it on a line elf.

However, if the line elf is already blodge or wrodge then I probably will take it anyway. The assumption being that the +AG studs have a short life span anyway (unless you are a filthy R picker), so it's good to have more +AG ready to roll when those guys inevitably go down.

However, after a certain point having more AG5 players starts to loose its value. For me that's around the time you would be taking your 4th +AG guy.

I do think AG6 is cool though, and I enjoy playing with it. I would never make 2 AG6 players though, you should only need one Smile

But it also depends on order. AG5 leap does not go to AG6 leap for example. Leap and AG6 are mutually exclusive in my mind.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2015 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah pretty much what Licker said.

I've taken Ag6 on a Wardancer once and didn't regret it, but then, Wardancers already come with 3 essential skills.
tmoila

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2015 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
But it also depends on order. AG5 leap does not go to AG6 leap for example. Leap and AG6 are mutually exclusive in my mind.

I would argue against that. Leap on ag6 player should not be considered primarily as to avoid tacklezones, but to gain extra movement and reach positions unattainable otherwise.

Code:
X . .
. O .
. . z

For X to reach z he either needs to do move of 3 steps or a leap of 2 steps - saving whole 1 point of movement with a cost of 2+ roll. It also helps avoiding tackle players.

Code:

. . O .
. . O .
X . O b
. . O .
. . O .
Another example, but I think my point is clear.

AG6 is cool with or without leap. But with leap I'd say player expands his possibilities further.
licker

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2015 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

What you say is true, but I'd rather have the AG6 for AG6 things, and an AG5/leap for AG5 leap things.

The problem (other than war dancers) is that most of these players want to use that additional skill spot for something else, and the odd times you need the benefit of leap over AG6 mega dodging doesn't come up that frequently.

As examples...

skills you want, but you already loose 2 spots to either +AG/Leap or +AG/+AG

Block/Wrestle
Dodge
Sure Hands
Side Step
Tackle
Strip Ball

Now some of those probably exclude others, and most positionals start with either block or dodge. But you're still looking at the combo of block/dodge and sure hands at a minimum. That's 4 skills.

Add in another +AG/leap and you're looking at legend for your final skill.

Even worse if you build your AG6 on a linelef chasis, because now you're looking at 5 skills for blodge/sure hands, +AG and +AG.

There's just no room for adding leap.
mrbibitte3

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2015 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

If you don't play games "at will" like the coaches above and like to concentrate your rare spare time on very few teams, there's never enough +AG on a team... because you will rarely roll "11".

Smile
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2015 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

2 players is enough, really, you need fodder - cant have everyone as a superstar
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2015 - 02:52 Reply with quote Back to top

When I picture an unlimited amount of a stat up I'd want, I think getting it 3 times would be pretty much my mental equivalent of unlimited..
Of course getting ag6 players can be in no way compared to getting ag5 players and an ag6 player isn't equivalent to two ag5 players either. (I think two ag5 are much better but oh well.)

When the first skill i roll on an elvish race is a stat up i tend to be a little concerned. When I get it several times I'll probably turn it down. As teams get other skills that are equal of value but stronger, ag+ becomes more appealing because it is hard to obtain and has good synergy with most elf skills.

Still, running three of them seems like an awful lot and its also a lot of other skills I'll not have at this point for taking it. It's also quite a bunch of TV, but ok.. I'd not want to take tons of move or strength either. My focus is usually on gaining something I don't have otherwise, so for instance running a darkie team and getting +ma on a line would seem like a waste of time for me... although its always good to have more stats, it's not always thaaat good.
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2015 - 03:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Elves die. Did I really need Hector and Kiwi, two identical leaping sackers on the same team? Maybe not... but now that Hector is dead, I still have Kiwi.
 Jump to: