45 coaches online • Server time: 14:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SirIndigo

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2015 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

"Blood Bowl is great, but let's not kid ourselves, it's not really a representation of football; it's rugby with forward passing. Real football players spend half the game on the bench. The TAF League is here to fix this problem."

Hey, I wanted to try a fun variation on regular Blood Bowl. You can read the special rules on the group page.

The gist of it is that all your positionals (and some linemen) must be designated as offensive or defensive players, and may only be set up for the corresponding kick-off. Also it's only 8-a-side, so matches should be pretty quick.

Only looking for 8 coaches including myself for the first season, split into 2 conferences of 4 teams with one cross-conference game for a 4 game regular season. Then the #1 ranked team in conference A plays the #2 ranked in conference B and vice versa for the play-offs.

Match deadlines will be every two weeks. Team designations are first come first serve, max 1 team of each race. Simyins allowed. Team names should be based off of places in the Old World, however this is only preferred and not enforced. NFL spoof optional. My team for example.

Any questions, ask here or PM me. Smile

EDIT: It appears we have all 8 coaches, if you are interested though, please do ask to be put on a reserve list for next season, or this season if someone pulls out. The plan is to expand next season, so spots are guaranteed even if there are no drop-outs.

Unavailable (taken) teams:
Elf
Skaven
Human
Ogre
Orc
Slann
Amazon
Lizardmen

Last edited by SirIndigo on %b %08, %2015 - %08:%Oct; edited 9 times in total
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2015 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I think if to run such a league, it'd be nice to have an admin on board. So you could tailor positions. Such as a tackle and a guard.

At one point BB tried to go American Football, and it was bad......very very bad.
SirIndigo

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2015 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I've never come across that, what did they try to change? But also I'm fine with this essentially just being a modified 7s league with some American Football flavor Smile
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2015 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

2nd edition....plus shall we call it. Tried to change the game to use drives and field goals. The community.......rebelled. And this was during a time where nobody was connected without internet existing. Yet.......it was the worst idea ever and made average game time around 3 weeks. I still have nightmares and wake up sweating!
Artemis_Hide

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2015 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

i would like to join !! what shall i do =D ?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2015 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Make a team, click on the link, go to group membership and from then apply with your team.
Glorin

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2015 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been out of a league for a while now. As far as the custom rules go do I have to download a separate client? Not sure how they're being implemented exactly. Otherwise I'm very interested to join Very Happy
Seventyone

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2015 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

No separate client. Just make a team!

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2015 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

The team needs to be in the [L]eague division.

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2015 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

For anyone who's confused, some of the extra rules are self-enforced. Things like the 8 players a side and extra rules for skills I can toggle when I make the tournament or season within the League, and the client takes care of those. The offensive and defensive player rules must be self enforced, with repercussions handed down by me for not following, which could include expulsion from the league.
pokrjax

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2015 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I've applied Smile
Artemis_Hide

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2015 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

applied!
zhraia

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2015 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

The request for participation has been sent!
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2015 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems fun, definitely interested! I've played a fair bit of 7s so it'll be interesting to try other "quick" formats.
Bazakastine

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2015 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Croakland Raiders have applied.
 Jump to: