53 coaches online • Server time: 16:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Legend skill?
Pro
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Sure Feet
56%
 56%  [ 9 ]
Other (specify)
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
Pastry
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 16

harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2015 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
rollup1A4 wrote:
That raises a question though: if you have 3 +MAs (or whatever stat you want) and 1 -MA on a player, then use a healing potion or something on them, what happens? Can you get a MA11 player like that or is the website smart enough to cap it after the fact?

The Healing Potion being a house rule, thats an important question.

CRP states that no stat "can ever be increased by more than 2 points over its starting value or to a value greater than 10".

So unless there's some small print on the back of the potion that says this rule is cast aside, the potion also have to adhere to this, no?

Whether the healing potion would allow you or not is a moot point, as you rules wise you are not allowed it. So you would have the MA taken away from you.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2015 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Whether the healing potion would allow you or not is a moot point, as you rules wise you are not allowed it. So you would have the MA taken away from you.

I'm not sure you are entirely correct in it being moot.

The CRP states you cannot take stat increases IF you are ALREADY 2 above the original stat (or goes above 10). So if the -MA somehow goes away, the 3 MA should still stand because they were all taken when the stat was less than 2 above the original.

My thinking was: there are no healing potions in the CRP rules. It being house ruled in here on FUMBBL, it might have special - hitherto undefined - rules as well.

This is more academical though. And I'm not sure it would be a good ruling anyway.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2015 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

The only way this sort of situation would be allowed is in some sort of grandfathering; like the MA11 and AV11 players. But I can't think of anyway where it could be applied to your situation.

If you were to gain an illegal skill in CRP, then you would be obliged to give it up. That is to say, the staff would take it off of you. Even if you gained it via a house rule, that being the potion.

That I'm pretty sure of this, unless policy has changed, which I very much doubt as it's still CRP illegal.

It may even be that the potion wouldn't even allow the +3 MA. That I guess is academical on whether it allowed it or not. I know that Christer did some coding to disallow the 11 stat. It could be that he did the same with +3 stats too.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2015 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice! Very special player now. =)

Jump to: