25 coaches online • Server time: 02:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post Inscription JBL Sais...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
licker

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2016 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I admit I never tried, but when you get a perfect defense can you move players from your bench onto the pitch (in an exchange, not to go beyond 11)?

The rule book says:

Quote:
Perfect Defense: The kicking team's coach may reorganize his players -in other words he can set them up again into another legal defense. The receiving team must remain in the set-up chosen by their coach.

I don't have an opinion on the interpretation I was just seeking clarification.
fidius

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2016 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Galak answered this question in a TFF thread a while back:
http://talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?p=480430#p480430

It looks like no, due to the "drive in progress" rule.
Dominik

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2016 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I did exchange some players once.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2016 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Why would you want to? I'm not sure I can think of a situation where a PD would affect the player choice for the drive. For me, it usually just means shifting some players on the line to avoid MB/PO/tackle hits and perhaps 'rebalancing', if my oppo is going heavy on one side.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
tmoila

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2016 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
Why would you want to? I'm not sure I can think of a situation where a PD would affect the player choice for the drive. For me, it usually just means shifting some players on the line to avoid MB/PO/tackle hits and perhaps 'rebalancing', if my oppo is going heavy on one side.

Get kicker out of the field for example.
radge

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2016 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I've changed players a couple of times. Brilliant if I've got a kicker - I use his skill when kicking, and then I can sub him for a player who will be more useful for me during the actual drive.
Bazakastine

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2016 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:

Maybe bringing a fast offense only player on to the pitch if the kick is an a position you think you can make a play on it. That's the only one I got.
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2016 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

My perfect defence is one that keeps my opponent from scoring.

Jeffro
licker

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2016 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

The 'why would you want to' is a legitimate question, but I can also see some odd cases where you would swap out a player (kicker yes, one turner since you can reset your defense to make sure he's protected, ...).

I had just never even thought about trying to do it, but the rulebook doesn't seem to prohibit it, my question is more along the lines of if the client allows it.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2016 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I am about 60 % sure (so, not sure) I once got 'done' by someone forgetting to field an important player, rolling PD, remembering he existed and putting him onto the pitch. A Lino with a skill that ended up beating me rather than a rookie, that sort of thing. Solving a missclick.

Ski's client? The current one? Made up? Can't remember. You shouldn't be able to field players from the bench, as linked above.
licker

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2016 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

So we have lots of 'I've done it, seen it done.'

And a 2009 post from Galak saying it's not meant to be legal.

Is this worth a nod in bugs?
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2016 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, so long as someone tests it in the current client and can recreate the conditions of the bug. Let's make sure it's Kalimar's client first, and not something we half remember from Ski's?
tmoila

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2016 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Well you can definetly sub players in current Kalimar client. Done that and I don't see anything wrong considering how it is written in the CRP.

If some random editor of rules from ages past says something something in TFF about CRP rules implementation, I don't consider it errata of any kind.

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2016 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

tmoila wrote:
Well you can definetly sub players in current Kalimar client. Done that and I don't see anything wrong considering how it is written in the CRP.

If some random editor of rules from ages past says something something in TFF about CRP rules implementation, I don't consider it errata of any kind.

That's a fair point (and this an incredibly minor issue...).

Not sure how anyone would go about getting actual clarification on it, but it might be interesting to see how other sites/organizations interpret it.
fidius

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2016 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
Not sure how anyone would go about getting actual clarification on it, but it might be interesting to see how other sites/organizations interpret it.

Personally I think the CRP wording is unclear, and that any commissioner is well within his rights to go either way on it (if it's ever even a question -- as you say it's an incredibly minor issue).

If I was commissioner I wouldn't allow subs, and would add that kickers must be re-placed in a legal position to use Kick. Fits the fluff better. Galak seems a bit incoherent in this respect. But the time-travelling nature of PD puts both interpretations on the table imo.
 Jump to: