61 coaches online • Server time: 22:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
b4nshee

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2016 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
I have ideas, but nothing is set into stone, so i would not publish it. It is a function of the number of teams, and the recommendation of the Stadium Commitee, and what is simple to manage. If you have a preferred method, then put on the forum, and will be reviewed later among the other alternatives.

Well - with 16 teams there are not that many possibilities for the divisional structure - 2x8 teams or 4x4. Personally I'd prefer 4x4. You have three rounds in each season:
First you play every other team in your division once. (Divisional round 1)
Then you play X teams randomly chosen from the other divisions once. (Cross-divisional round)
Last round will be the same as the first one. (Divisional round 2)

Let's say you play 6 games in the Cross-divisional round this will make 12 games per team in the whole season. Afterwards you can have play offs. (3 or 4 rounds so max 4 additional games per team)

bghandras wrote:
Yes, this is set. After the season, there will be a draft of 4 rounds. No cap is planned. No forced retirement is planned. My assumption is that enough players will die anyway. So coaches will have full control over the roster, and there will be 2 ways of acquiring players:
- Draft (limited)
- Rookie (unlimited)
The next drafts (so all beyond the 1st) will favour the losing teams. The pods will be assigned according to regular season record.

Hmmm - some sort of TV limit that you have to stay within seams appealing to me. It also encourages new coaches to join in additional divisions or as replacements for drop outs.
Maybe the cap will be higher the better your team completed last season. The TV cap will be checked BEFORE the draft - if you get better players (=higher player values) you will have an advantage from it.

(Just saw you ruled that out. Very Happy)

Just some ideas that came to my mind, feel free to play around with it.

------------------------

Btw. if you need someone to help you administer the league I'd happily step up. Smile Just let me know what you need to be done...

Last edited by b4nshee on %b %04, %2016 - %14:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
bghandras

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2016 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

@expansion teams
I think the preset franchise player mechanism (lets say they get 2 or 3) combined with the fact that they get the 1st pick is a nice way to balance.
I really think i can balance the league without cap.

EDIT: If someone drops out then there is also an option that a new guy takes over that exact franchize, and continue its operation. Actually this would be the preferred method, as you may want to trade future draft capital, the continuity is important.

Last edited by bghandras on %b %04, %2016 - %14:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
b4nshee

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2016 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Than it's perfect! Very Happy

Thunder and lightning heading your way
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2016 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

It is partly I think and the reason being is this. No inducments, there needs to be a leveler. Now I am not suggesting a cap that everyone struggles to make every season but one where a majority will not have to generally worry but the largest 3-4 by tv will or they just become monster team after a few seasons that crushed the small teams. Unlimited money makes no difference to the equation, one can only draft what is there and buy rookies to fill spaces. That is effectivly the gold limit, how much can be fit on one team.

Honestly being so dismissive to the point you are basically telling the guy that first raised the idea to bugger off because you don't like an idea about something does not bode well for the future of the league. It's a new league different ideas happen and get discussed when people come together to colabarate. Try discussing them instead of telling people to go elsewhere.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2016 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Lets take the example you mentioned. Lets say somehow 4 teams are above else both on TV and on the field. Then i expect those teams to win out, and sit at the top4 at the end of the year. This makes sure that those 4 teams will select dead last in the oncoming draft in every round.
So there is already tremendeous balancing act included into the rules. Whoever wins will have a really hard time at repeating. And even if he does, the 3rd time will be even much much harder.

Now please tell my where do i miss the point?

I am reasonably open to discuss items, EXCEPT THOSE that are admin-related. As i am not an admin, and i made an agreement with an admin how the league is expected to run, and how much work that would need on his side.

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2016 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, i got a suggestion what went wrong. I suggested that you play in both League. Both here and FDL. I dont want to dismiss you. Just wanted to compare the differences. Sorry, my bad.

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2016 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't forget that teams that are successful usually collect more SPP than others do. So if you get some good drafties, a lucky start and manage to finish amongst the top teams you most likely will have better developed players than most other teams. Being allowed to pick first in the coming draft does balance this out a bit - but it might also be that the top teams will stay on top for a second season - and THEN they will run away from all the others. Despite having the last draft pick they will be able to field better teams and thus the compensation for the weaker teams is not enough.

I haven't calculated this but I'd really consider to implement a TV cap you have to stay within (before or after the draft). You can manage this by playing a fake match against an admin team without any player moving or doing other things. After that game you can retire players as needed. As money does not matter the only thing from such a game is the obligatory MVP.

Thunder and lightning heading your way
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2016 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Only if those teams suffer a large number of deaths to the best players. Otherwise they keep growing with more skills, if you have a team full of skills the draft is functionally irrelevent as you have better than anything you could draft.

I know, I have read the thing and a cap that only covers the top few teams by tv meaning a couple of extra trades on top of probably not many given the set up all in the off season does not contradict that. I would be suprised if the trades to teams ratio gets above 1.

DLE College 7s
bghandras

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2016 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

@b4nshee
If you are right on that, then something will be done about it. I would consider the rules as a fail if developing players would prove to be a better resource than drafting.

@Matthueycamo - trade per team
FDL is in the 6th round with 16 teams. The number of trades is currently at 17.

Last edited by bghandras on %b %04, %2016 - %14:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2016 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
Ah, i got a suggestion what went wrong. I suggested that you play in both League. Both here and FDL. I dont want to dismiss you. Just wanted to compare the differences. Sorry, my bad.

Ok, sorry if i made you feel bad. Mix up is no problem.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2016 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
@b4nshee
If you are right on that, then something will be done about it. I would consider the rules as a fail if developing players would prove to be a better resource than drafting.

@Matthueycamo - trade per team
FDL is in the 6th round with 16 teams. The number of trades is currently at 17.

They are draft trades not already skilled players that have played a season aren't they? That would not the same thing, trading during the draft with players just drafted or picks would require no extra admin input. We put the info in the right bios and the admin has the same amount of skills to do. Only trades involving players that have played a season or more are any extra work.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2016 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, that is correct.

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2016 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah cos when I said a ratio less than one I was only including trades that require some admin work not any of the others.

DLE College 7s
Oly1987

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2016 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

so how do you go about making a team? How do draft players join etc
bghandras

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2016 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

There will be the draft, then make the team. You hire the number of positionals with the appropriate drafted or given name, and enter the supposed parameters into the player bio. Then there may be comish check. Then admin intervention assigns the stats and skills.