15 coaches online • Server time: 05:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Moomoo

Post   Posted: May 25, 2004 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Dumb question, but since I haven't played bb yet I don't want to look like a complete fool playing with pro guys. So can I somehow play against a computer opponent? Or are there other noobs out there willing to play with me?

Thanks
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: May 25, 2004 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, you can always play with yourself. By yourself! I meant BY yourself. As in a stand alone game where you control both teams. It won't count on Fumbbl, but it can help you get a feel for the game, how assist and passes work, etc.

You can also find other new players by asking in IRC, but there is currently no way to play a computer opponent (although there is a long thread on it, search 'artificial intelligence.') Just mention you are a newbie looking for a newbie match and you can probably find one without too much trouble. Everybody had a first game once.

Good luck!
Delta

Post   Posted: May 26, 2004 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Moomoo wrote:
Dumb question, but since I haven't played bb yet I don't want to look like a complete fool playing with pro guys.

Whilst it is true that some experienced coaches will delight in ripping apart a noob, the real pro players will help you along.
Luckily the decent coaches on Fumbbl outnumbers the tossers by about 99% to 1%.

And like Corporate said..."play with..." ahem, no not that bit....erm... "Everybody had a first game once."

Post   Posted: May 27, 2004 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks everyone!
Clementus

Post   Posted: May 27, 2004 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

If you are really in trouble finding a basic game ask an admin, we ourselves are normally willing to help new people if not play against them and I know of several coaches including me, who have low teams solely to help new players.

Flings Rule!
 Jump to: