27 coaches online • Server time: 01:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
zhraia

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2016 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

League of Linemen is kicking of again with season III!

A league featuring teams of linemen (and the odd monster), catering to the downtrodden, ignored and inexperienced in the blood bowl world. Welcoming apprentice necromancers, street gangs, slaves, mercenaries, trainees and rich kids, all are welcome to make a name for themselves in the League of Linemen!

New format
LOL now uses the open round robin format, allowing coaches to play at their own leisure and time restrictions. Each team will play in ranked divisions, where the top three teams in each division will move up to the next division, while the bottom three will drop to the lower division. Each season will be 7 weeks, after which the top four teams in the highest division will face of in a final playoff to determine the League champion. Each division will have 8 teams and the number of divisions is based on how many applicants we have. New teams start in the lowest division, that might have more then 8 teams.

Old teams
If you played in the previous season, you will automatically be placed in a division based on you performance in the last season. If you wish to change teams or drop out, please inform me, write here or leave the league and apply with a new team.

The season will kick of at Sunday the 20th of march.

League page, including rules, rosters and team creation. Apply for membership on the league page.
League Page
MisterFurious

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2016 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

"Try to not play ahead to far from the rest of your division. You may not play more the two games ahead of the team with the third number of games played in your division."

That should be "too far from the rest"
zhraia

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2016 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

thank you
Bloodfeast

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2016 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

My Mount Raven Dodgers have appiled Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2016 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Project_Dinkum has applied
zhraia

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2016 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Quite a few has applied this season, exciting to see how the new format turns out.
zhraia

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2016 - 08:29 Reply with quote Back to top

2 people left from adding one more division!
polonus100

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2016 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Pana Sienkiewiczowa Kompania has applied.
RollingDice

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2016 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Question since I really do not play league format at all... Do you have a commitment of playing a game a week or not because that seems to be the case in most and due to a hectic work schedule I may not always be able to do that. If not I will happily create a team and apply Very Happy
jdm

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2016 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

RollingDice wrote:
Question since I really do not play league format at all... Do you have a commitment of playing a game a week or not because that seems to be the case in most and due to a hectic work schedule I may not always be able to do that. If not I will happily create a team and apply Very Happy

Hi RD,

We're trying a new format this season, the open round robin. You play your 7 games in any order and in a time frame that suits you. You just have to get them done by the end of the season but there's no penalty for not playing them all. It might hamper your promotion chances if you don't though.

Hope that answers your question

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2016 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes It does thank you very much. In that case I will submit a team as soon as I am home from work and will hopefully see you during the season Very Happy
jdm

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2016 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Great stuff Smile pm me or post on here if you have any further questions. If not, I'll see you on the pitch Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2016 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Do we have to wait until March 20th to start playing our games?
zhraia

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2016 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, an open round robin tournament will start showing your points and opponents. You cannot play until then.

We now have enough new teams to make another division. New teams are still welcome and will fill out this new division over 8 teams. If we get 7 more, we will have five divisions Wink
Bloodfeast

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2016 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Am I right in beliving there is still room for a few more teams? Wink