31 coaches online • Server time: 10:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you run a Vault Division team, given the rules aould approximate the Vault?
Yes
72%
 72%  [ 56 ]
No
16%
 16%  [ 13 ]
Maybe - depending on the ruleset (it keeps changing!)
10%
 10%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 77

Babs

Post 20 Posted: May 26, 2004 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you interested in playtesting the VAULT?

* Do you want to show it's broken and so they should ditch it entirely? Twisted Evil

* Do you love it and want to start playing it immediately? Razz

* Are you not sure and want to try before you buy? Confused

* Do you want to contribute to the vault discussion forum on bloodbowl.com and want some data to present? Cool

Then show your interest here in a FUMBBL Vault Division!
I've just PM'd SkiJunkie and pleaded with him for such a possibility. I've also chatted with the Admin's and they think it's a good idea.
Obviously the rules we will have to playtest won't be perfect - but a Vault approximation will be GREAT!
So - who's in? I am!

New to FUMBBL!

Have you signed up for the Feudball Novel yet?
Mully

Post   Posted: May 27, 2004 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

* Do you want to show it's broken and so they should ditch it entirely?

Even if it is broken they wont ditch it entirely (please dont give us false hope)

Quote:

* Do you love it and want to start playing it immediately?

Would that be version 1, version 2, version3, version x, etc. I see programming hell for poor skijunkie

Quote:

* Do you want to contribute to the vault discussion forum on bloodbowl.com and want some data to present?

You mean like Div-X and the no ageing rules. Yeah lets test them. Oh wait, I guess they weren't serious about that rule set.

Sign disgruntled member whose already wasted time play testing in Div-X

Seriously, from everything that's been written in the various sites it doesn't sound like playtesting will convince Jervis to change his mind about his new approach (ie every team no matter what TR should have a good shot at winning).

Can you share with us rules that are "up in the air" vs rules that Jervis is set on so that we can at least focus on certain areas of the vault for playtesting analysis?

Post   Posted: May 27, 2004 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully wrote:

You mean like Div-X and the no ageing rules. Yeah lets test them. Oh wait, I guess they weren't serious about that rule set.

Sign disgruntled member whose already wasted time play testing in Div-X

Let's hope the admins think there is room to test both. It would be nice to be able to say to JJ 'well the vault rules don't work, but here's something that does'.

I'd certainly like to give both rules sets a go.
MixX

Post   Posted: May 27, 2004 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

count me in, I don't have time the next month or so (but I guess it would take some time to get it ready anyway), but would be happy to have an opportunity to prove that some of the things at least aren't good enough (not going to name anything specific here, I want to test it before I yell anything.. <LIE MODE OFF> ok seriously, I'd run a team in such a division...!
m0nty

Post   Posted: May 27, 2004 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

The rules that will be used for the Vault division will be the latest possible. As of the time of this post, this list of changes known as 1.3+patch is current and will remain unchanged for at least the next two weeks while JJ is on holiday. Even when he gets back, I am confident that the Vault will not change significantly until some serious playtesting time has been undertaken, since the major issues people had with it have been thrashed out at length on the official forums already.

We are mostly waiting on SkiJunkie to bring out an updated client. There is no hurrying that process, although Babs' enthusiasm is certainly a big help.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: May 27, 2004 - 02:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Babs wrote:
I've just PM'd SkiJunkie and pleaded with him for such a possibility. I've also chatted with the Admin's and they think it's a good idea...

If Ski's inclined and available to do so, then I say sure. I'll run a team or two to give it a go.

Before you all flame me for flip-flopping on people requesting crackhead ideas that they came up with, note the subtle differences between this and almost all the other change requests that people ask for...
- from a BBRC member asking for help, rather than someone demanding they get their way because they want it.
- with the permission of the admins. Very important.
- a generally polite request.

My only concern is one the Babs has little control over and that's Vault 1.4 (and 1.5 and 1.6...). I'd hate to have SkiJunkie, Christer and Klipp slaving away at it and then have everything change overnight and listen to everyone whining about how it's 'NOT REAL V1.95a1 Vault Rulez! OMG!'

Other than Ski's blessing (and availability) and Christer & Co.'s willingness to face potential obsolescence, I'm up for it.

Any chance of GW contracting the people behind it for all their hard work? Razz

Post   Posted: May 27, 2004 - 02:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Dont see why not, nor why we need the cynical posts saying its a bad idea. At worst we waste a bit of time testing rules and finding they dont work. At best we are able to suggest solutions and acclimatise ourselves to rules which may well be implemented soon. Got my backing Babs. Cl

Clem

Flings Rule!
Hecropolix

Post   Posted: May 27, 2004 - 02:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted yes because im hoping against hope that someone playtests these rules before they are implemented.
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: May 27, 2004 - 03:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted yes as i want to play some matches to be conviced that the rules are (or are not) fair I will play as many vault matches as i can if it gets up and running (barring my tourney and occasional stunty/ladder forays)

Michael
Mully

Post   Posted: May 27, 2004 - 03:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Let's hope the admins think there is room to test both. It would be nice to be able to say to JJ 'well the vault rules don't work, but here's something that does'.

I feel the same way, but I have the feeling the admins don't agree. I'm not sure it it hurts anything to keep division -X (no aging) around (other than maybe $$$ for disk space) but that would be my vote as well).

Th eother problem is I think JJ has moved away from this vision and I dont know if there is ANY chance of getting him back on this path.

Post   Posted: May 28, 2004 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully,

I certainly didn't have any agenda about doing _anything_ about Division X. I never even thought of it as a Vault vs. Div X discussion until you mentioned it.

And unless I'm mistaken - the Vault rules still need to go through the BBRC rules review process to become official. Which means JJ _could_ push them through to become official (he has that right under the BBRC charter) - bt there'd be serious issues if that happened.

Talked to SkiJunkie - and he's flat out until at leas the end of August. So this process may take some time... but keep the enthusiasm up and something hopefully will happen!

I just see it as a very good opportunity to really provide solid evidence to JJ about these rules. Whichever way you think - the vault division would certainly show people what the vault would do:
a) short term
b) long term (and the term in between)
c) with a lot of coaches participating

New to FUMBBL!

Have you signed up for the Feudball Novel yet?
m0nty

Post   Posted: May 28, 2004 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

You can now download a reference sheet containing all Vault 1.3+patch changes from this site.

Last edited by m0nty on %b %31, %2004 - %02:%May; edited 1 time in total
Mully

Post   Posted: May 28, 2004 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

=-) Babs
BBRC member
NAF Tournament Organiser - Pacific region
New to FUMBBL!

PS - welcome

Post   Posted: May 28, 2004 - 03:45 Reply with quote Back to top

He's a fellow Aussie, so anyone who wants to have a go at him has to go through me.
chunky04

Post   Posted: May 28, 2004 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah! m0nty's a wussy Aussie, to scared to even join SWL ;p