14 coaches online • Server time: 02:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kenty

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2004 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Just curious... is it really difficult to answer the phone and play bloodbowl at the same time? I have seen an increase in the amount of coaches who stop playing for like 5 minutes to answer a call.

I personally have answered the phone while playing and don't find it all that difficult. I do turn the volume on my speakers down so the person I am talking to doesn't hear all the nifty sounds from the client.... but other than that... it seems to be ok to do two things at once.
Ludicruz

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2004 - 10:01 Reply with quote Back to top

It shouldn't be a problem...if u have a portable phone or a phone close to your comp. I have neither...and am sure I'm not alone in that situation...

This means I must go to another room to answer...but on the other hand I usually ends the calls within 1 min so not to uphold the game and annoy my opp too much. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2004 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Kenty wrote:
Just curious... is it really difficult to answer the phone and play bloodbowl at the same time?

There is phone calls from your gf/mother/mother in law and then there is phone calls from customers/boss/the president/mafia boss. Kinda different things from one to another.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2004 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Phone calls are no problems, but when your 3 yr old daughter decides to throw up in her bed in the middle of the night in the middle of a game, well that's when I say sorry, back in 10mins!

Phones you can turn off / ignore... kids you can't.
SonofSharkboy

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2004 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Wives either
Flaymin

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2004 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

SonofSharkboy wrote:
Wives either

So very true Smile
Phreedh

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2004 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, the note about wives apply to girlfriends too... I once had a game agreed on but got seduced by my gf. Had to return a while later to irc and say "sorry, I got laid" =)

/Phreedh
calon

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2004 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

The one thing you have to watch from the phone calls from the GF/ wife, it always seems to cause trouble if you are playing Bloodbowl as they normally start the whole argument"well fine if you are not going to pay full attention to me then I dont want to speak to you"
good thing call ends quickly and can carry on with the game, bad news have to put up with a moody GF for the evening.
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2004 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

gees have you guys no backbone, tell them you will call them back when you are done and as for females I can't believe you just cave in and let them use their sexuality to control you

you guys make me sick, how do you expect them to respect and obey you like they should ;]
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2004 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL

well, maybe I have no backbone. But I get sex from time to time...

Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2004 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Is five minutes really that big a deal? *shrug* I don't have a portable phone, so I can't play while talking. I don't find it that big a deal, wether it's a phone call, or your kid, or making coffee, or whatever.

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2004 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I usually use the excuse "Sorry Phone" when something unplanned, which will take about 1-3 minutes to complete, hinders me from playing my blood bowl game.

Like when someone sends me an ICQ/MSN asking for someone’s telephone number. Or someone in my music organization needs me to complete a small task, like putting some money into an account, or some other random small job that will be fast to complete.

The whole ordeal goes a lot faster if I lie and say "Sorry Phone", instead of saying. "I’m sorry I will be away for 2 minutes, assigning work orders to some of my members at the local music club.
Just typing that will take me almost 1 minute since I really suck at English.
Wink
peikko

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2004 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/06/01/1841248

Fumbblers are nnot alone! Wink
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2004 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

My God thats alot of replies!!

I will pass on to my good wife (who I might add condones my hobbies within limits...)
odi

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2004 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Now lets see, I got divorced, a new gf, and now I can play all I want...
So that's one way to go if you feel your life is getting too limited Smile

But letting bb ruin your rela life, now that would be sad.... But it's so addictive... 2 more spp and he might roll doubles...

Back to the topic, my x and my gf, know, that if I don't answer my mobile I'm in the middle of something (propably BB), and I'll call them back when I get around to it. At work, I don't play, just for that reason, I don't want to keep anyone waiting while I'm on the phone.
 Jump to: