56 coaches online • Server time: 14:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2004 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

any game I play I understand there can be a delay. computer connection problem, family situation, phone call etc. No biggie, just say something to let me know and I'll go find something to do for those 5-15 mins or so. But please don't just pick up the phone and talk away while I have no clue if you are still alive on the other end.
oh, and more importantly....
recipicate courtesy!!! I had a chump that talked on his phone to his girlfriend for about 5 mins (without letting me know ahead of time), and his computer crashed around turn 7 (taking about 10mins to get reset); both cases I was polite and understanding.....only to turn around and be harassed about taking 3 mins for a turn and that I was wasting HIS time! Talk about immature.

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2004 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see it as a problem to answer a phone or do most things the same time as playing a game as long as they don't require my full attention and if they can be combined (if I have to go use a restroom, don't expect me to pee on my keyboard Wink ) but this depends on circumstances. For example: I was once playing a game when a friend called, I answered the phone whilst continuing playing untill she told me her mother was diagnosed with something resembling cancer (don't know the exact english term for it). At that point I couldn't care less about the game (seeing as it is a game after all) and told the other guy I would be a while and if he had a problem with it, we could finish the game some other time. Luckely, it isn't terminal and after an operation, her mother will be fine again but still, at times like those I'll just go "f*ck BB, more important stuff at hand". For the same reason I will always accept my opponent to leave a game for a while or even to stop a game and play on later if something more important happens in his/her life. The only thing I expect is that they let something know. Once had a game where a guy disappeared for 15 minutes and then told me he had recieved a phone call. that is frustrating, I can tell you.

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2004 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

5 minutes to answer the phone is fine. The guy who told me he had to go for 5 mins because his house was on fire was just rude! Shocked