46 coaches online • Server time: 00:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2016 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

The thing is: currently, you have a way to avoid this. You choose not to use it. After your change, those of us who like those games would have no choice, we just wouldn't be able to play them.

And most importantly, as I already mentioned: it would reduce the number of games played. Pretty much the exact opposite of the main aim of the site...

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2016 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:

I've outlined a roadmap that has so far, in 14 games resulted in no inducements taken or given. You'll have to compromise some part of your rationale to achieve another part of your rationale.

You don't care about playing balanced games, so we just talk different languages.
If you like to play at any TV good for you, I don't want to feed clawpomb teams with my teams and on top of that wasting 1 hour of my time playing a not interesting game.

But I'm playing more TV balanced games than you are with your excessive constraints.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2016 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

When I used to activate lot of teams I still got matches like this one:

http://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3629645

so even activating multiple teams DON'T ensure you won't find a mismatch.
I just ask to cap the TV gap at 500. This won't reduce massively the numbers of matches in the Box and I don't think that lot of coaches would be happy facing teams way higher than theirs.
You are just inducing me to play Nurgle only in the Box with your posts, because it's the best team for perpetual play.
I like to bring variety to the Box, this is a positive thing, and the reward is giving me mismatches when a sort of TV cap could be added very easily.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2016 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

There's always Ranked Dakka.

1. You can manage your TV in perpetuity so that you never leave the sweet spot
2. You can always select matches with no inducement gaps
3. Functionally it's not much different than you wanting a cap on gap and then only sweet spotting a TV range since an Activation wont result in matches.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2016 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, you won that game. Stop crying over cookies dunked in milk and eaten furiously.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2016 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
There's always Ranked Dakka.

1. You can manage your TV in perpetuity so that you never leave the sweet spot
2. You can always select matches with no inducement gaps
3. Functionally it's not much different than you wanting a cap on gap and then only sweet spotting a TV range since an Activation wont result in matches.

I hate Ranked and you know it.
About the fact I won that game: it's not relevant, it could have been a loss.
My point is that activating lot of teams don't ensure you will find a fair match anyway.
500 TV would be still a huge gap, yet better than 730 or 1100.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2016 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

But Ranked fulfills two of your constraints PERFECTLY. It's like saying your favorite flavor of gelato is hazelnut but when you describe the flavors it sounds like pistachio!
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2016 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
But Ranked fulfills two of your constraints PERFECTLY. It's like saying your favorite flavor of gelato is hazelnut but when you describe the flavors it sounds like pistachio!

Nope.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2016 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Ranked:

1. Can sweet spot
2. TV gaps are a function of negotiation
3. Relies on self restraint and sociability to achieve matches

Box

1. Can sweet spot
2. Can't protect against large gaps for long lived teams
3. Relies on algorithm to achieve pseudo-random matches
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2016 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

In Ranked you can't play the optimal builds for your teams ( for example if you spam Tacklepomb in a Human team people are not going to play with you) and struggle to find match with some teams.
I couldn't find a match with new bash teams while my elves were accepted quickly.
Although I like to play elves I don't want to waste my time waiting for a decent offer when I'm in the mood of using a bash team.
Anyway, I just wanted to suggest the TV 500 gap cap idea, not discussing about Ranked.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %30, %2016 - %19:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2016 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

So your sweet spotting, optimal build racket is defeated by Box's scheduling algorithm. Everything seems perfunctory here.

You make your own prisons Dakka Wink

Last edited by mrt1212 on %b %10, %2016 - %01:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2016 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
So your sweet spotting racket is defeated by Box's scheduling algorithm. Everything seems perfunctory here.

The alternative is playing Nurgle clawpomb only.
You want that?
I could start activating Nurgle only, do you think it would be better than me trying to play decent games at a TV where games are not yet silly?

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %10, %2016 - %01:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2016 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:
So your sweet spotting racket is defeated by Box's scheduling algorithm. Everything seems perfunctory here.

You want that?

That's like pulling out a handgun when someone suggests you're confused about your taste in gelato.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2016 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:

You want that?

That's like pulling out a handgun when someone suggests you're confused about your taste in gelato.

No, it's just saying that I try to control my TV to be able to play my teams without being forced to play vs clawpomb spam teams.
You accuse me of sweetspotting racket, I call it self-defensive TV control.
My "sweetspotting racket" is still better than abusing clawpomb.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2016 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
I'd rather to have a balanced match than a shot for glory.

Don't worry. You can both have balanced match & shot at glory in one game. Don't give up when you read TV difference. Result in the end that matters.

Last edited by Balle2000 on %b %10, %2016 - %01:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: