43 coaches online • Server time: 18:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kenty

Post 5 Posted: Jun 04, 2004 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there any way to delete retired teams so that the team name can be used again?

If there is not... could this be an option or would it cause too much confusion? Just seems like if you create a team and they get destroyed in their first couple of matches... that maybe you could retire them and start a new team with the same name and theme?
Mully

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2004 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope... been asked and ansered on previous posts. Search the forum for more details on why. Has to do with the names linked in the database.

This question has been answered over and over again. No team that played a game will ever get deleted, since all matches, teams and reports are linked together and deleting a component woudl cause database inconsitencies and that would mean a looot fo trouble for the whole system. As i said before you are not the first one to ask this question. Please use the search function of this forum in the future to find such answers first, that would be appreciated very much, thx. Smile

you can politely ask a mod to change the name of the retired team, that should free the name up, or so i hear anyway.
caileanhawk

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2004 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I know this has been talked about before in other threads...but...

What about enabling a coach (would have to be the same coach) to use the same team name and keeping all of the prior information that is needed in an area on the new teams page...like a second or even third incarnation area. It would allow coaches to keep there favorite names and would still keep the archived information.

On a side note, I have no idea if this is even a viable option...might be something to look into.

Can you see it...the Anarchists 12th incarnation, Grotty Little Wankers 52nd incarnation.

Eh, just an idea.

"Hospitality to the better sort, and charity to the poor; two virtues that are never exercised so well as when they accompany each other. " - Francis Atterbury
Aries

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2004 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

or just add a function that we can change the name on our retired teams like when the team is created...

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2004 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Or just create a team with a different name...
cjohnsto

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2004 - 04:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Or don't retire them rebuild.
Diamond5119

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2004 - 06:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it is fun and challenging to rebuild a team that has been destroyed or severely damaged, while keeping a couple of guys around....kind of like building a dynasty in NHL 2004 or something....Part of the fun of being a coach...and the difference between a really good one and an ok one....
 Jump to: