21 coaches online • Server time: 08:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Pact/Renegades metagoto Post killing by fun?goto Post Raising a Thrall wit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
The New Rulz are:
Exactly what I wanted and predicted
17%
 17%  [ 14 ]
A sign the GW is getting the Blood out of BB
13%
 13%  [ 11 ]
A bit better than a piece of pie
28%
 28%  [ 23 ]
The final nail in the coffin of my hopes in humanity
19%
 19%  [ 16 ]
Par for the course
20%
 20%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 81

Kondor

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I really hope that the end of season rule will have no effect on R of B. Many coaches have gaps in the time they play. It would suck to step away from Fumbbl for a month or four only to come back and have all your teams decimated.
Wizfall

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Balance must take the edge over fluff but elves having stronger catchers than humans is too big of an issue.

I'm sure it could be corrected without too much difficulties one way or another (ST2 for all elven catchers or ST3 human one with of course adjusted price tag and other adjustments if needed).

I like the concept of weaker catchers but the actual gameplay and importance of stalling in 8 turns long halves play against them.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Wizfall wrote:
Balance must take the edge over fluff but elves having stronger catchers than humans is too big of an issue.

I'm sure it could be corrected without too much difficulties one way or another (ST2 for all elven catchers or ST3 human one with of course adjusted price tag and other adjustments if needed).

I like the concept of weaker catchers but the actual gameplay and importance of stalling in 8 turns long halves play against them.

Nah. The differences are fine. It hinges on ST 2 getting dodge right off the bat.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Uedder wrote:
Yeah, let's give human catchers werewolves statlines and make them cheaper than a blitzer...

the 60k change makes lots of sense imo, unless we wanted to see humans become a top tier team. The fun in playing them is that you're always the underdog.

Humans should not be weak because according to fluff they are the most successful race in Blood Bowl.
Just saying.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
I really hope that the end of season rule will have no effect on R of B. Many coaches have gaps in the time they play. It would suck to step away from Fumbbl for a month or four only to come back and have all your teams decimated.

Good point.

I need to revisit the Treasury buff to see if that'd be enough to stand on its own.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Uedder wrote:
Yeah, let's give human catchers werewolves statlines and make them cheaper than a blitzer...

the 60k change makes lots of sense imo, unless we wanted to see humans become a top tier team. The fun in playing them is that you're always the underdog.

Humans should not be weak because according to fluff they are the most successful race in Blood Bowl.
Just saying.

The fluff has an unreliable narrator. Being unable to reconcile the fluff witg the game or insisting they should be reconciled is a tail chasing exercise in futility and i weep for those that waste time on it.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Uedder wrote:

Just saying.

This, exactly this. The history of BB itself makes humans THE original tier I team.

Additionally, Uedder, wolfs have AV8 & claws. Anyways, we know blitzers are overpriced Mr. Smug... Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:

The fluff has an unreliable narrator. Being unable to reconcile the fluff witg the game or insisting they should be reconciled is a tail chasing exercise in futility and i weep for those that waste time on it.

Whatever you opinion, & you are entitled to it surely, fluff matters to many of us & many of us will continue w/ the narrative however fruitless it may be. Passion for story & the history of the game, however made up it may be, is why.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I have no problem with people not caring about the fluff (personally I do care), I wanted just to point out that according to BB background the Human teams should not be always the underdogs.

Kondor wrote:

If a fixed number of matches was used (for example every 12 matches played by a team) coaches who didn't play regularly on FUMBBL would not be punished.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 19:21
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I always got the impression (correct or not) that human teams were a lot more numerous than the others and the reason they used to win was a few exceptional superstars rather than because humans are genetically superior

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

My idea is that Humans are the best race in the fluff because they have (in theory, but not actually) the most balanced, flexible, versatile players, able to pass, bash and run when the situation requires it.
Jacks of all trades in theory, actually jacks of all fails.
Very Happy

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %26, %2016 - %19:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:

Whatever you opinion, & you are entitled to it surely, fluff matters to many of us & many of us will continue w/ the narrative however fruitless it may be. Passion for story & the history of the game, however made up it may be, is why.

What makes a person take a work of fiction literally and not give leeway for figurative or mythic language? How long have you grit your teeth and played through the cognitive dissonance of humans not being the best team in BB? How many more decades will you suffer?

I mean, the fluff is entertaining but its not very informative to the rules reality as it stands. Take em as legends and myth and its sooooo easy to digest both fluff wise and game wise.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Griff is and will always be one of a kind.

He should stand next to Morg.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
My idea is that Humans are the best race in the fluff because they have (in theory, but not actually) the most balanced, flexible, versatile players, able to pass, bash and run when the situation requires it.
Jacks of all trades in theory, actually jacks of all fails.
Very Happy

Also, who is writing this stuff? Humans are obviously going to fluff up their own achievements. Its kinda funny that so few people take into consideration who is writing their gospel while taking every word as absolute truth.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
If a fixed number of matches was used (for example every 12 matches played by a team) coaches who didn't play regularly on FUMBBL would not be punished.

It was I who suggested elsewhere treating seasons as seasons.

The number of games should be higher than SPRINTs.

We definitely should ask GW to write something in DZ2 to update the status of eternal leagues.