31 coaches online • Server time: 08:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Blood Bowl Variantsgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2016 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I've no clue what it is?
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2016 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Yet you made a forum post about it.
ignatzami

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2016 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Can you provide a link to what you refer?
Roland

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2016 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

8th: amazon blitzer
9th: slann lineman

ignatzami

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2016 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:

Awesome!
Khor_Varik

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2016 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

ignatzami wrote:
Awesome!

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=620868#620868
> https://fumbbl.com/p/icons
kummo

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2016 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

9th.. i guess it's a lizard/frog that doesn't have one arm.. and has tongue out.. and there is also something wrong in his eyes
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2016 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

What happened to the Black Orc Zombie?

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2016 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:

Exactly what I wanted to know, I didn't realize it was a frog
pokrjax

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2016 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Khor_Varik wrote:
ignatzami wrote:
Awesome!

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=620868#620868
> https://fumbbl.com/p/icons

Awesomer! The icon page Christer links two posts down in that thread is great. Never knew there were alternative goblin secret weapon icons or a third tree man (with a hat!) The fifteenth fling is really cool too, with his Robin Hood hat.

There are six chaos warriors and four beastmen. Was the chaos roster setup differently in a previous iteration?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2016 - 04:04 Reply with quote Back to top

*Really? The trollslayer and wardancer were always hardest for me to tell apart.

*"What happened to the Black Orc Zombie?" One of the major changes Whatball made to icons, was to make the sizes uniform. This is to say that ST1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 all have a certain height limit, which wasn't the case under the Nick Kelsch icon era. As the BO Zombie is ST4 size, WB felt is wasn't uniform and maybe confusing. As WB; Made the Black Orc Icon, made the Zombie icon and made the decision.......I think that's a fair judgement call to make.

*Surprising in a way you're having trouble telling it's a Slann, seems clear to me.....but then I made it. I changed his feet from the standard icon, so that it was more frog like (rather than flat footed as the standard icons). What maybe the problem is that I based it on the old Slann set (made by a very nice French guy, who's nick I forget), which was made for the BOTOCs client and the set we used before the current ones.

Funnily, it was my suggestion that we changed the Slann icons (feeling the BOTOC icons were a slightly different feel) to the set we are using now (basic icon designed by brownrob/snakesanders). A lot of people were unhappy with the change. Actually after suggesting it, I'm not sure it was the right choice. The basic Snakesanders icon wasn't as good as I remembered. Fortunately Whatball and Cowhead did an amazing job on them. I do feel we never found the right colour combos though.............my vision was for a cream and dark orange for home and brown and green/blue for away.............I also wanted to improve the foot shape and side view of the head (to more like the BOTOC slann icon side view which is much better IMO).

*" i guess it's a lizard/frog that doesn't have one arm.. and has tongue out.. and there is also something wrong in his eyes" Yes indeed. One arm is missing, and if you are using a darker pitch you can see the bone protruding. As frogs have a long tongue, I thought this would also give it character. Originally the eye was going to be missing. But went for a whitish one with no pupil and a sickly looking red one which isn't going to last much longer.

*"Awesomer! The icon page Christer links two posts down in that thread is great. Never knew there were alternative goblin secret weapon icons or a third tree man (with a hat!) "

Stunty division received the Whatball love before the main LRB rosters. So we had a of really great new icons (in Whatball uniform sizing). The LRB rosters however were stuck with very old stunty icons (snotlings, skinks, flings and gobs) from the Pat style era. (Icons here have had 3 eras Pat, Nick Kelsch and now Whatball; always take the opportunity to thank the hard hard work these guys put in).

So it was only natural that we changed the lrb divisions too. Luckily we didn't need to make any.......or many new icons as they already existed from the Stunty div. So this meant we could pick and choose the icons from that division to use in the other divisions and have alternatives.

The Robin Hood hat was my idea. This is an established feel for Flings and if you ever see Lumpkin Crooks Regiment of Renown or some of the late 80s GW flings, you can see the feel. Originally I created fluff and stats for a Stunty Fling Star player 'Robin Food'; who was going to get the hat. "Steals from the rich, and gives to himself....stuffs his face, stuffs his face, stuffs his face." (If you know the song). Unfortunately at the time, there wasn't the room for him, so the hat was put on a standard fling.

Another example of this, is that I adored the old 2nd edition Puggy Bacon Breath model. So the Stunty Div Moot Guard player is strongly influenced by him. Whatball did such a great job with that icon, we decided to change the lrb div Puggy to a converted Moot Guard icon (I can't remember it that was always our plan, but it worked out for the best anyway).

The Treeman hat (leprechaun hat right?) was also my idea and created fantastically by Cowhead. When this icon was made we had the 'Fairy' team. The team was a little confused in character and.......had the word fairy in it. So what we did was gave it a little bit more focus and became an 'Albion' (Albion being UK/Ireland in the Warhammer universe) feel. this meant that unfortunately the leprechaun treeman had to go and he was replaced by the Fenbeast. We liked the icon so much though, that it was added as a choice for the LRB Fling team..........again in hindsight maybe he should have become an Albion Star Player.

*"There are six chaos warriors and four beastmen. Was the chaos roster setup differently in a previous iteration?" No, these are new generation icons. Previous iterations of LRB used different icons sets. (Pat's, NK's and now WB's). Why 6 options...........I'm not sure why.....the last 2 are similar. I thought NK also made 6, but on looking at his sheet I only see 4. You'd have to ask WB that one, maybe he made 6 and the best 4 were chosen.
Jim_Fear

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2016 - 05:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice to see you back, harvestmouse. It has been a while.

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2016 - 10:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome back Harvestmouse, been too long sir.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
Khor_Varik

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2016 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

You also can find icons (CRP+Stunty) via shraaaag's scripts: http://www.pvv.ntnu.no/~brill/fumbbl/?page=tp&sub=roster
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2016 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Can someone tell me why I cant make this bigger?

[img w=50]https://fumbbl.com/i/440138[/img]

Jeffro
 Jump to: