52 coaches online • Server time: 20:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What is your view on Do Not Play lists?
I have a DNP list.
35%
 35%  [ 42 ]
I have a DNP list and a Must Play List.
17%
 17%  [ 20 ]
I am going to make a DNP list now that I read this.
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
I think DNP lists are a bad idea.
32%
 32%  [ 38 ]
I should be on most DNP lists
11%
 11%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 117

celas

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2004 - 04:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey all, not sure if this has been done before but I was curious what people think about do not play lists or good sports lists. A few friends and I began looking for these types of lists on the info section of coaches pages but it is becoming too tedious so perhaps you can take the time to answer this poll and say your piece. Please do not include your DNP lists as I do not mean to promote bad feelings, but if you have something good to say about an opponent then give them their due.

thanks
Quod

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2004 - 04:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a DNP list, but do not diseminate it, as I beleive everyone should make their own choices.
My DNP list is for non tournament/league games, but it is also so I CAN remeber to play them, with a kill/DP team.
To get on my list... one of the only things is fouling in a non tournement/competition game.

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2004 - 05:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I recently began a DNP list following a frustrating experience. I felt it was a good idea as opposed to relying on my memory in the future as to whom I should avoid. Everyone else could be considered on my "must play" list, so to speak.

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2004 - 05:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I think DNP lists are fine for private use, everyone prolly has a few coach's they'd rather not play again for whatever reason. But advertising them on your coach info page or letting other's know who you wont play could discriminate unfairly against that/those coach's IMO.
Because everyone has a different tolerence or acceptence level for interpreting whats fair or not, whats right or wrong and so on.

Obviously we've all played someone who seem's to go out of there way to make an ass of themselves for whatever reason. Just remember it could come down to that coach simply having had a bad day in RL. And while that really isnt a valid excuse for nearly destroying your team or forcing you to waste an hour or so playing them, consider carefully before handing out a judgement.

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2004 - 06:58 Reply with quote Back to top

celas wrote:
Hey all, not sure if this has been done before...

Not to nag you here (much) but do a search. "DNP" comes up with 15 threads (other than this one) and Black List, Do Not Play, etc... will come up with even more, if you're interested.

Past word from the admins has always been a solid no. They don't want official public blacklists or whitelists (or whatever you want to call them) - there's too much ill will that comes of it. I happen to agree with that.

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2004 - 07:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Obviously we've all played someone who seem's to go out of there way to make an ass of themselves for whatever reason. Just remember it could come down to that coach simply having had a bad day in RL. And while that really isnt a valid excuse for nearly destroying your team or forcing you to waste an hour or so playing them, consider carefully before handing out a judgement.

I had a DNP list but I have destroyed it. Like JaGuAr_5 said. Everyone can have a bad day in RL and shouldnt be judged for that. Life takes turns that you cant always be prepared of. Twisted Evil

And I have NEVER shared my list with anyone. I do look at my opponents team, that usually says a lot about the playing style of that coach. Wink

I have changed the my playing style a lot since I came here. And I bet we all do from time to time. Depending on team/race/mood/nuffle/last game and so on. Rolling Eyes

I still think fumbbl.com is the best thing that happened to me since Blood Bowl. So many coaches to play and so much fun. Very Happy
Renegade

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2004 - 08:02 Reply with quote Back to top

DNP lists are a joke in my opinion. If you have a problem with someone playing them and decimating their team is the best thing for it!
Kryten

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2004 - 08:48
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

My do not play list only includes the coach who fouled me while up 11 players to 3. Heh.
quota

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2004 - 09:00 Reply with quote Back to top

JaGuAr_5 wrote:
I think DNP lists are fine for private use, everyone prolly has a few coach's they'd rather not play again for whatever reason. But advertising them on your coach info page or letting other's know who you wont play could discriminate unfairly against that/those coach's IMO.
Because everyone has a different tolerence or acceptence level for interpreting whats fair or not, whats right or wrong and so on.

My thoughts exactly. Actually I lose respect for the coaches who publish their DNP list in their info; especially if there are no reason applied.

My own DNP list is fairly short, and I would never write it down. If I can't remember who I won't play, it might not be important Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2004 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't have such lists. If I had one, it wouldn't depend on playing style, but on other matter. So the opponent who counted my successul OFAB rolls on the player chat and moaned he should have won 2:0 instead of 2:1, would be on the list, because this was totally respectless behaviour which killed the fun.
Well, I will never create such a list, because that would be respectless too, wouldn't it?
Grod

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2004 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah I want a poll option "I do not have a play list and I dont care about what anyone else does"

Oscar Wilde
meshur

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2004 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a "Fun to Play" list on my info page instead since I think that info should be shared. I ofcourse make mental notes about players I wont play again too but everyone should make up their own mind instead of "youre on this and that coaches DNP list so i wont play you".
TheCetusProject

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2004 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Why would I want not to play someone Confused 20 minute turns is about the only reason I can think of.
Burnalot

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2004 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a DNP list that includes quitters and really slow players. These are the things that can scare me from a game.

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2004 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

well... there are some players who make the game really fun, whether i'm losing or not, the kind that will joke around even when their team gets destroyed and that you can talk to during and after the game.
then there are three kinds that i like to avoid:
the whiners
the don't foul mes
the 10 minutes/per turn guys

because, especially the last kind will very likely ruin a game for me. dont foul me's are sometimes fun when i get the ref and my dirty player gets that evil smile that the fans love so much. but whiners are terrible, either way.
 Jump to: