61 coaches online • Server time: 23:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2017 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

It's probably a silly question but it's been torturing my weak mind for days. Very Happy

When checking the dice stats table in the post-match page I noticed that the number of blocks was higher than the number of blocks displayed by the normal table.
For example in this match:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3872852

the table shows that my Amazons threw 35 blocks but the dice stats table shows 40 blocks.
I guess that dice stats table keeps track of extra blocks due to Frenzy, Pro and re-rolls more accurately, right?
Or am I missing something?

In my opinion the number of blocks should be the same in both tables.
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2017 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe Block in match reports are the count of Block + Blitz actions made. Dice stats show the count of Block dice rolled.

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2017 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's because of rerolls and Frenzy, as you say.

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2017 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

SzieberthAdam wrote:
I believe Block in match reports are the count of Block + Blitz actions made. Dice stats show the count of Block dice rolled.

Then the 2 numbers should be more different, because most of times 1 Block/Blitz action generates a 2-dice block.
So 20 Block/blitz actions in the normal table would be roughly 40 block dice rolled in the dice stats table, instead the difference is small.
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2017 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

If the clients records 20 blocks, but if some of those are frenzy blocks or rerolled blocks, then the dice stats will show that higher number.

So there is almost always a small offset between those numbers. So basically it is like Szieberth said. He probably just used a misleading phrasing, it should read: Dice stats show the count of times block dice are rolled.

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2017 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Candlejack wrote:
If the clients records 20 blocks, but if some of those are frenzy blocks or rerolled blocks, then the dice stats will show that higher number.

So there is almost always a small offset between those numbers. So basically it is like Szieberth said. He probably just used a misleading phrasing, it should read: Dice stats show the count of times block dice are rolled.

Thank you very much!
Smile
 Jump to: