31 coaches online • Server time: 11:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Amon242

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2017 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

post an update when its $5 on steam.. might take a look then
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2017 - 01:51 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
Technically summer ends on September 22nd...

Smile

:edit: even more technically, the start and end for summer are not universally fixed, obviously, if you consider northern/southern hemispheres for example

Burn the witch!
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2017 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

No, it's not about copyright. Nor is it anything to do with the word Slann being vaguely similar to the word Slaanesh (you crazy conspiracy nut PainState). It's purely because the Slann team is based on the very old version of WFB fluff where Slann were skinny human-ish sized leaping agile frogmen, as opposed to the modern (modern meaning 20 years ago) version of Slann as big immobile fat wizards on floating thrones. There are no Slann-ish (in the BB sense) miniatures in the WFB ranges of the last 20 years, and to GW it makes no sense in their universe to have Slann being immobile fat wizards at the same time as being agile leaping human-sized frogs. CRP didn't include Slann, Pact or Underworld because they hadn't made miniatures for any of those teams. That's it.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2017 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

You are right but BB is set in a parallel universe, it's like WHFB but it's not WHFB, so Slann don't need to be consistent with the WHFB universe, but with the BB universe.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2017 - 03:05 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
You are right but BB is set in a parallel universe, it's like WHFB but it's not WHFB, so Slann don't need to be consistent with the WHFB universe, but with the BB universe.

I completely agree. Unfortunately, my opinion counts for naught, only GW's does, and what I posted is theirs.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2017 - 08:10 Reply with quote Back to top

PS is a massive conspirOcy theorist, true, but the bit about names was me! Seriously, the same company came up with "Slann" and "Slaan" and they figured people wouldn't get confused? Brasky's played 15000 games and he's still not spelling it right!

Up until 1996 the Canadian Football League had 9 teams but two of them were the Saskatchewan Roughriders and the Ottawa Rough Riders. (If you are a Southpark fan you'd know this of course.) Slann v. Slaanesh is *almost* as lame as that.
mekutata

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2017 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well if you want disturbing names... in Czech Football ("Soccer").. google and compare Bohemians 1905 and FK Bohemians Prague Very Happy

But yeah, I kinda get it now. The Slaann of Blood Bowl don't fit in with "modern age fat" Slann in general. I didn't know as I never dared to play all those wargames. I am here just for the sport and actually knew them only from fumbbl.

Last edited by mekutata on %b %14, %2017 - %11:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
Dan-Da-Man

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2017 - 10:27 Reply with quote Back to top

How much money can they milk from one game!!!I for one will not buy it due to the greed!

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2017 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Still a lot cheaper than tabletop BLood Bowl (unless you're smart and play with tokens from a Smallworld game, anyway.)
Danish_Dan

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2017 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I am really looking forward to the legendary edition. It seems to me that a lot of thought and design has gone into the design of the players, and I Looove the new Khemri team. I might even buy them before legendary comes out, they look so awesome.

Also, seems xnoelx is basically echoing my comments, having froggy leaping Slaan and having lizardmen teams in the same game does not make sense from a fluff/history sense.

And yes, blood bowl is a parallel universe, but not when it comes to the races/teams/species available.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2017 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Danish_Dan wrote:
I Looove the new Khemri team. I might even buy them before legendary comes out, they look so awesome.

OK, so apparently if you get LE as an upgrade (as opposed to stand-alone), it doesn't include previous DLC: wood, liz, norse, undead, necro, nurgle, cdorf, khem (though most coaches will have gotten most of these for free anyway). However, you do have a 'race pack' which lets you get all of these races at 3,75 euros each (so you can't choose to leave any out, but the price is a direct function of how many you own already).

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2017 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Really? Sad That's a bit of a shame. I guess will have to see what the best deal is.
Same for PS4 and PC, right?
Dan-Da-Man

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2017 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
Danish_Dan wrote:
I Looove the new Khemri team. I might even buy them before legendary comes out, they look so awesome.

OK, so apparently if you get LE as an upgrade (as opposed to stand-alone), it doesn't include previous DLC: wood, liz, norse, undead, necro, nurgle, cdorf, khem (though most coaches will have gotten most of these for free anyway). However, you do have a 'race pack' which lets you get all of these races at 3,75 euros each (so you can't choose to leave any out, but the price is a direct function of how many you own already).

I have actually got every team on Table Top. My point is Cyanide has been selling the same game now over and over!

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2017 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Danish_Dan wrote:
Really? Sad That's a bit of a shame. I guess will have to see what the best deal is.
Same for PS4 and PC, right?

I think that should be the same, yes. However, I just heard that the 'cost based on DLC owned' upgrade plan only works for steam; the team pack for consoles will be the same price ($30 I think) for the bundle, regardless of owned DLCs. =(

Dan-Da-Man wrote:
]
I have actually got every team on Table Top. My point is Cyanide has been selling the same game now over and over!

They're not selling you the Blood Bowl rules, they're selling you the video game. I'm very happy fumbbl exists, some people were very happy BB1 existed, but it's not reasonable to consider the kind of upgrade from BB1 to BB2 as 'the same game'. That's not how the costs in the industry work, in terms of modeling and animation. And with 20 euros for 8 new races, it's not 'making you buy the same game again'.

If, like me, you bought BB2 at launch (€50), then buy the team pack for Cdorf and Khemri (€7,50), then the LE upgrade (€20), then you've spent over €80 for the game with 24 races. I do agree that's quite a bit for a game, but that's getting everything the minute it becomes available. If you wait until legendary edition standalone, you pay €50 (I guess?) for the full 24 races, but won't have anything before that. By the time LE comes out, BB2 will be 2 years old.

If you wait until LE goes on a good sale (or until they decide to release chaos edition, quite likely with Pact, Khorne, Slaanesh and maybe even Tzeentch), you pay less for more teams, but get to play even later.

Honestly, I bought everything full price and don't feel I paid too much. It boils down to €15 per year that I could have saved by waiting with my purchase.

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2017 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

If you buy the game on day 1 it is terribly overpriced, if you wait 2 years to buy it at a cheaper price it will be outdated soon.

Is that hard to make a full BB game with all the teams at once instead of splitting the teams into various DLCs over time?
They do that for money milking, I know, and after BB1 and BB2 (8 years!) there is not yet a complete 2016 BB rule-compliant game, well done Cyanide!

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %14, %2017 - %17:%Feb; edited 3 times in total
 Jump to: